Small Business Accounting Software

Maxman

Anyone have experience with small business accounting software? I am looking for something that is basic for now, invoice creation, expense tracking, basic accounting and can grow. Eventually having the ability to do payroll and 1099s would be nice.

I know about Quick Books and they have an online \ monthly option. Just figured I would check to see if anyone else had other suggestions.

Thanks!

Should PM former JI'er SouthParkCPA.  He'd probably be able to tell you.

All I'll say is "hire a professional", because the achillies heel of small business is their usual utter disregard and lack of understanding of accounting, book keeping and the like.

#1 reason I see small folks go belly up and bankrupt, and no computer system will save you, as ill informed garbage in, ill informed garbage out.

Should PM former JI'er CPA.  He'd probably be able to tell you.

All I'll say is "hire a professional", because the achillies heel of small business is their usual utterly disregard and lack of understanding of accounting, book keeping and the like.

#1 reason I see small folks go belly up and bankrupt, and no computer system will save you, as ill informed garbage in, ill informed garbage out.

Exactly the reason so many college students choose Accounting majors.  If your goal out of college is to get a job, that's your ticket.  One of the safest jobs out there.

Anyone have experience with small business accounting software? I am looking for something that is basic for now, invoice creation, expense tracking, basic accounting and can grow. Eventually having the ability to do payroll and 1099s would be nice.

I know about Quick Books and they have an online \ monthly option. Just figured I would check to see if anyone else had other suggestions.

Thanks!

Also may I say, big fan of the answers in this thread. You ask about software other than Quick Books, and the answers thus far have been:

1. Hire a CPA.

or

2. Use Quick Books.

Nice job fellas. A+'s all around.

Also may I say, big fan of the answers in this thread. You ask about software other than Quick Books, and the answers thus far have been:

1. Hire a CPA.

or

2. Use Quick Books.

Nice job fellas. A+'s all around.

Because your sarcastic sniping from the sidelines, like, totally productive man.

I referred him to our resident pro accountant who, by my memory, works a bit for small businesses and is, in fact, a CPA.

What else you want, a blowjob?

Because your sarcastic sniping from the sidelines, like, totally productive man.

I referred him to our resident pro accountant who, by my memory, works a bit for small businesses and is, in fact, a CPA.

What else you want, a blowjob?

That would be actually very nice, yes.

Thanks everyone. Little know fact about Phil. my undergrad degree is basically a business degree with a concentration in Accounting. I worked in Accounting pretty much through my 20's until I switched to I.T..

What else have I done? Why thank you for asking. I appreciate that you guys care so much...lol.

I worked my way up through some I.T. jobs before switching over to Marketing. 

What do I do now?

Wow guys again, you care so much, I appreciate it. Now I do Account Management.  :)

Seriously though I was helping a friend out with their business and wanted to steer them in the right direction.  Thanks!

Thanks everyone. Little know fact about Phil. my undergrad degree is basically a business degree with a concentration in Accounting. I worked in Accounting pretty much through my 20's until I switched to I.T..

What else have I done? Why thank you for asking. I appreciate that you guys care so much...lol.

I worked my way up through some I.T. jobs before switching over to Marketing. 

What do I do now?

Wow guys again, you care so much, I appreciate it. Now I do Account Management.   :)

Seriously though I was helping a friend out with their business and wanted to steer them in the right direction.  Thanks!

Also just a heads up, tell him that he should consider depositing his money in a bank.

Max is JN actually producing revenue? Are you Sean Deegan???????

JN does produce revenue, we don't need quick books though. We have 2 or 3 companies that pay us for advertising and like 5 or 6 companies that we pay for software and services. We pretty much just run it out of a checkbook, 1989 style. That's how we roll. :)

Archived