Daredevil **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

JoeC36

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait for iron fist. That Asian lady gao is going to be in it. Gao = crane mother.

I think The Hand is going to pop up big time in the future. They already hinted at The Chaste in the Stick episode, and I don't think it's a coincidence that Nobu was wearing red when he fought Murdock.

I think The Hand is going to pop up big time in the future. They already hinted at The Chaste in the Stick episode, and I don't think it's a coincidence that Nobu was wearing red when he fought Murdock.

Nobu was almost certainly in The Hand.  

Netflix Picks Up ‘Marvel’s Daredevil’ For Second Season With New Showrunners
Dominic Patten April 21, 2015

Daredevil

Just 11 days after the full first season of the Man Without Fear series debuted on the streaming service, it looks like we’re going to be seeing more of Matt Murdock and the battle for Hell’s Kitchen. Netflixtoday made it official that they are bringing back Marvel’s Daredevil for a second season in 2016.

Charlie Cox will again be playing Daredevil and Vincent D’Onofrio will be back as Wilson “The Kingpin” Fisk. While Deborah Ann Woll and the rest of the primary cast also appear onboard, things are going to be different behind the camera. Doug Petrie (Buffy the Vampire SlayerAmerican Horror Story) and Marco Ramirez (Sons of Anarchy) are taking over as showrunners from Steven S. DeKnight, Netflix announced as well Tuesday. “While previous commitments unfortunately prevent me from continuing on with Daredevil into its second season, I could not be happier that Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez are carrying the torch,”” DeKnight said in a statement today. “They were invaluable collaborators during our first season, and I for one can’t wait to see what they do with the show moving forward.” The duo will join Drew Goddard and Marvel TV chief Jeph Loeb as executive producers.

The Spartacus DeKnight replaced Goddard as showrunner in Season 1 in May last year after the latter got the gig to write and direct The Amazing Spider-Man spinoff The Sinister Six for Sony. Remaining as EP, Goddard wrote the first two episodes of the 13-episode Daredevilfirst season, which premiered on April 20.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/netflix-picks-marvel-daredevil-second-001507529.html

• 2 weeks later...

Boy was I shocked when the black guy died. I was all like "never seen that before!"

I thought it was good for Marvel, meh in the grand scheme. Too many corny lines, with my favorite being "...You're not just the man this city needs. *intimate face touch* You're also the man this city created." The end felt a little rushed too, even with 13 hours to get there.

Donofrio was really damn good, but plenty of moments where you noticed he simply lacked the sheer size and physicality of the comic book character. Actually, the whole cast was good. I assume the guy who plays Daredevil is actually a highly trained agent for The Govern-ment, like most mid-sized average joe looking celebrities.

So glad they renewed it.  Show is so nice and packed with detail.  

I like that they backed off from doing The Defenders because of how big a hit it is on it's own. Really hoping that they stick with this style for Luke Cage and Iron Fist. Supposedly Ryan Phillippe is in talks to play Iron Fist.

I like that they backed off from doing The Defenders because of how big a hit it is on it's own. Really hoping that they stick with this style for Luke Cage and Iron Fist. Supposedly Ryan Phillippe is in talks to play Iron Fist.

Iron fist isn't Oriental?

really enjoying this so far. on episode 8. for all you comic book fans (i never got into daredevil). there seems to be a lot of similarities between daredevil and batman. is that safe to assume? did daredevil ever get any sh*te for being a batman ripoff? ( i dont think its a ripoff, just similarities). 

really enjoying this so far. on episode 8. for all you comic book fans (i never got into daredevil). there seems to be a lot of similarities between daredevil and batman. is that safe to assume? did daredevil ever get any sh*te for being a batman ripoff? ( i dont think its a ripoff, just similarities). 

Both companies have borrowed from each other for a long time, so I don't think anyone would ever use the word ripoff, but on this particular one you have a good eye. The reason the similarities are there is because the iterations you've seen in the Batman movies and in Daredevil are both taken from Frank Miller's work, who created the definitive versions of both characters. Batman came first as a character historically, but Miller did his work with Daredevil before he did Batman. In fact, the run he had on Daredevil was so successful in reviving the character that it was one of the main motivations in DC handing Miller The Dark Knight Returns. He imagined both as noir stories, focusing on the dirt that comes with fighting crime on city streets. That's why the screen interpretations look similar.

TDKR changed comics forever, but in hindsight when you read his work on Daredevil the early signs were there already that this is where things were heading. I cannot recommend either highly enough, they are not just classics as far as comics go, but American literature in general.

Both companies have borrowed from each other for a long time, so I don't think anyone would ever use the word ripoff, but on this particular one you have a good eye. The reason the similarities are there is because the iterations you've seen in the Batman movies and in Daredevil are both taken from Frank Miller's work, who created the definitive versions of both characters. Batman came first as a character historically, but Miller did his work with Daredevil before he did Batman. In fact, the run he had on Daredevil was so successful in reviving the character that it was one of the main motivations in DC handing Miller The Dark Knight Returns. He imagined both as noir stories, focusing on the dirt that comes with fighting crime on city streets. That's why the screen interpretations look similar.

TDKR changed comics forever, but in hindsight when you read his work on Daredevil the early signs were there already that this is where things were heading. I cannot recommend either highly enough, they are not just classics as far as comics go, but American literature in general.

very cool, thanks for the info man.

I absolutely loved the series. I especially appreciated the long-game approach to developing this as a series (as evidenced by not revealing a titular costume until the last episode despite it's being a part of the title sequence). Flying against that is their decision to eliminate such a key character such as Urich, especially if they decide to pursue the Born Again storyline in some way. They've already hinted at Karen Page's instability numerous times, so I can only hope that they do in fact bring in that narrative. 

I agree that Bullseye and Elektra are locks for the series, but hopefully it will be done in the same measured approach the series has taken thus far and will not be another "hey, here's more costumes" ala the Batman movies. D'Onofrio was spectacular as The Kingpin, especially during the breakout scene. 

This series is the perfect launch point for a Punisher one IMO. With DD constantly wrestling with his methods versus his morals, you need someone who isn't a villain that would give him perspective, someone who exceeds that line he has set for himself. Enter Frank Castle, a person bent on exerting his quasi-nihilistic approach to seeing those he deems "bad", destroyed. The Punisher would almost serve as a (a)moral touchstone for Murdock. That, plus a DD/Punisher/Bullseye throwdown would be orgasmic.

Archived