Daredevil **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

JoeC36

Comics have won Hugos and Pulitzers. If you think anything in that statement of fact was hyperbolic you have absolutely no idea what you are you're talking about.

didn't the only comic to win a pullitzer have a subject matter a little more serious then a man running around in his underwear taking on fun but somewhat ridiculous antagonists?

besides, maybe my definition of the term "classic" is more rigid then yours but an award that's given to multiple authors annually hardly auto inducts its recipients into the "classics"

but we can go with I have no idea what I are i're talking about ... not worth digging my heels in on it

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didn't the only comic to win a pullitzer have a subject matter a little more serious then a man running around in his underwear taking on fun but somewhat ridiculous antagonists?

besides, maybe my definition of the term "classic" is more rigid then yours but an award that's given to multiple authors annually hardly auto inducts its recipients into the "classics"

but we can go with I have no idea what I are i're talking about ... not worth digging my heels in on it

Do you know how many books that are generally considered canonical are absolute trash?

Bullsh*t. Watchmen was named one of the top 100 books of the century by ******* Time dude.

Fun but ridiculous antagonists he says. Yeah, heroin dealers and prostitution. Gangs who are terrorizing a city with rape and assaults. Sounds like a blast.

Again, you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

Bullsh*t. Watchmen was named one of the top 100 books of the century by ******* Time dude.

Fun but ridiculous antagonists he says. Yeah, heroin dealers and prostitution. Gangs who are terrorizing a city with rape and assaults. Sounds like a blast.

Again, you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

lol.. ok dude

Critiques of the urban environment. Particularly law enforcement and urban planning.

no, my point was that a work needn't be intellectual for it to be a classic, nor does an intellectual work auto qualify as a classic

no, my point was that a work needn't be intellectual for it to be a classic, nor does an intellectual work auto qualify as a classic

Homie, If you don't like it why not go to another thread and discuss things you like? 

Homie, If you don't like it why not go to another thread and discuss things you like?

who said I didn't like it? I like it .. just wouldn't call it an American literary classic

Your point was that because a guy dresses up and chases guys with ironic nicknames, it therefore can't qualify as classic literature. Or that the subject matter can't be adult enough. You're wrong. And it does. There's a reason TDKR has had the lasting power and influence that it has. It's won actors Oscars, it changed the genre, and it's studied in the realm beyond basic Pop culture.

Your point was that because a guy dresses up and chases guys with ironic nicknames, it therefore can't qualify as classic literature. Or that the subject matter can't be adult enough. You're wrong. And it does. There's a reason TDKR has had the lasting power and influence that it has. It's won actors Oscars, it changed the genre, and it's studied in the realm beyond basic Pop culture.

I never said it wasn't adult enough, and the underwear thing was clearly in jest.. but enjoy debunking points I didn't make ..

Not when you don't know what you're talking about.

I'm the first and only naysayer in what had formerly been a universally held position by those in the know, which for the purposes of this topic is anyone that agrees with you

I'm the first and only naysayer in what had formerly been a universally held position by those in the know, which for the purposes of this topic is anyone that agrees with you

No. Just you. The guy who voluntarily gives up grammar doesn't get to dictate what is to the literates.

No. Just you. The guy who voluntarily gives up grammar doesn't get to dictate what is to the literates.

but the fanboy with clear emotional attachment to the material at question gets to pretend he's objective.. good stuff

Archived