Jet News: Coples 5th yr. picked up & Petty visits.

32EBoozer

THIS!!!!!

We haven't been set up for a Cup run like this in like.... forever!

In '94 there were teams I thought we could easily lose to.

I won't say it.... but I think you know where I'm going with this.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

GO RANGERS

..still possible to be best line we ever had.

The Bowl winning front 4 of Philbin,Biggs,Elliot and Rochester was just as good.. But that was before they counted sacks so if you never saw them play some wouldn't know.. To me the greatest sack D player of all time was Deacon Jones.. A reporter once looked at all his games and found he had 3 20+ seasons and 1967-68 had totals of 26 and 24 and those were 14 game seasons..

The Bowl winning front 4 of Philbin,Biggs,Elliot and Rochester was just as good.. But that was before they counted sacks so if you never saw them play some wouldn't know.. To me the greatest sack D player of all time was Deacon Jones.. A reporter once looked at all his games and found he had 3 20+ seasons and 1967-68 had totals of 26 and 24 and those were 14 game seasons..

Sheesh...love deacon jones sound bites..my favorite is his clip talking about Butkus.

Definitely. The only issue I really have with Petty is the system he comes from doesn't really allow him to read 2nd and 3rd options. We had an issue with that with Sanchez.

The same can be said for Mariota. The difference being Petty is a better passer,and he won't cost us a top ten pick. Less risk.

I also think he's simply going to be a better pro than Mariota.

The same can be said for Mariota. The difference being Petty is a better passer,and he won't cost us a top ten pick. Less risk.

I also think he's simply going to be a better pro than Mariota.

I can see them both out of the league or no names in 4 years. Maybe vice versa for one of them. Who knows. I know one thing.. I would rather a solid rookie pocket passer and there are at least 2 next year.

Good move, hey imo he is a bit of a disappointment but not a major one. 16 1/2 sacks is not all that bad. It really hilights just how monumental of a bust the ghost was.

I think it's actually pretty good for a guy asked to play both 5 tech end and OLB

I can see them both out of the league or no names in 4 years. Maybe vice versa for one of them. Who knows. I know one thing.. I would rather a solid rookie pocket passer and there are at least 2 next year.

You can take Petty in the second or third, and still take a top QB next year if he doesn't show you anything. If you take Mariota you're committing to him for at least 3 years,if not longer.

You can take Petty in the second or third, and still take a top QB next year if he doesn't show you anything. If you take Mariota you're committing to him for at least 3 years,if not longer.

Agreed.

I don't trust any if these QBs really. But if I were to take one it wouldn't be MM at #6.

Damn! They should go back before they officially started counting sacks and give those guys there totals via old game footage. Would be interesting to see where the older guys stack up all time.

I believe John Abraham is top 10 all time in sacks if I'm not mistaken. Would love to get a guy at 6 with Abe's rushing ability to compliment our line and secondary.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Archived