Per Daily News - Winston to visit Jets

Freemanm

Graziano: "If something weird happens in the first five [picks] and there's Jameis Winston sitting there at six, you don't want to be the Jets and go, 'Gee, I wish we had met this guy.' " Herm also thinks there's some skulduggery afoot.

pretty much

From Rotoworld

ESPN New York's Rich Cimini reports Jets GM Mike Maccagnan "hasn't ruled out" the possibility of trading up from No. 6 overall in the upcoming draft.

The target would likely be Florida State QB Jameis Winston, who is "highly regarded" in the Jets' organization. Winston is expected to visit the Jets' facility in the coming days. Moving up from No. 6 to No. 1 or 2 to nab Winston would require a massive haul, but Maccagnan has proven aggressive early on.

The way this off season has been going be ready for anything on draft night the Jets never cease to amaze me remember guys never say never.

We filled a lot of glaring needs in free agency I wouldn't be surprised if they traded the entire draft for the #1 pick to grab Winston if he's who they really want. 

Thank you Rex for winning those big games against the titans and fish

I think Herman Edwards said it best.  See my signature.

I don't care if you don't have any wins, "You Play To Win The Game" .   He also told you what you should do if you don't, remember. 

NFL Draft Rumors: New York Jets considering trading up for Jameis Winston

by Patrick Schmidt 

2h agoS

The New York Jets will host Jameis Winston and are entertaining the thought of trading up in the NFL Draft to take the Florida Statequarterback.

Could the Geno Smith era already be over in New York?

The New York Jets have made it clear they are intent on upgrading the quarterback position and have previously held a private workout for reigning Heisman Trophy winner, quarterback Marcus Mariota and now will host the 2013 winner, Jameis Winston later this week, according to ESPN.com.

Winston is the presumptive No. 1 overall pick of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers so he won’t be playing for the Jets in 2015, unless the Jets and general manager Mike Maccagnan pull off a trade with Tampa Bay, and trading up is something that Maccagnan hasn’t ruled out.

According to the ESPN.com report from Jets reporter Rich Cimini:

“There is virtually no chance Winston falls to the Jets, who own the sixth pick, but he’s highly regarded within the Jets’ organization. Aggressive general manager Mike Maccagnan hasn’t ruled out the possibility of trading up, sources said, although it’s unclear how high he’s willing to go or which player he’d be targeting. The cost to move to No. 1 or No. 2 will be enormous, but there’s a sense among teams in the top 10 that the Jets are a threat to move up.”

If the Jets stay at No. 6 they may miss out on both Winston and Mariota who may be the first two players taken in the draft later this month, but would the Jets be willing to part with their No. 1 pick this year and next in addition to a combination of second and/or third round picks to get a polarizing quarterback like Winston?

The prospect of having anyone other than Geno Smith or the recently-traded for Ryan Fitzpatrick may entice the Jets brass and their fans, such a move comes with great risk and Maccagnan will have to determine if the reward outweighs the risk.

Of course, the Jets can always stay at No. 6 and hope Mariota falls to them and have him enter the quarterback competition or they can pass on Mariota should he be available and take the best receiver or edge rusher available, which are both needs.

If the Jets go that route then they’d be in the market for a quarterback in the second or third rounds with Brett Hundley, Bryce Petty and Garrett Grayson the next three prospects, although there is a considerable drop from the top two in Winston and Mariota.

Big Mac will see Winston's a big time talent and winner. (course he already knows)  Exactly what the Famous Jets have not had at

quarterback since the days of Namath.  The overrated Wilkerson could be sent packing.  Anyone

know if Tampa Bay needs help along the DL?  It's just a matter of what it will cost. 

Big Mac will see Winston's a big time talent and winner. (course he already knows)  Exactly what the Famous Jets have not had at

quarterback since the days of Namath.  The overrated Wilkerson could be sent packing.  Anyone

know if Tampa Bay needs help along the DL?  It's just a matter of what it will cost. 

Mo Wilk is a big part of the defense dont see him being traded. You can't weaken 1 side of the ball to strengthen the other.

If he didn't win those games I think he's not a head coach this year.

Rex is a ******* a$$hole and Woody is too weak and stupid to figure we needed to tank the season for Winston by the time it was obvious the season was over after the first month.

Mo Wilk is a big part of the defense dont see him being traded. You can't weaken 1 side of the ball to strengthen the other.

If we pulled off this trade Coples would just be moved to wilk's position in the d-line. We could still draft Double O or Gregory at 37 whoever falls.

I think Herman Edwards said it best.  See my signature.

I don't care if you don't have any wins, "You Play To Win The Game" .   He also told you what you should do if you don't, remember. 

Well, Winston plays to win the game.  I think he and his friends only tank the first half for betting purposes IIRC.

Well, Winston plays to win the game.  I think he and his friends only tank the first half for betting purposes IIRC.

From another famous Movie.

"It's not what you know, it's what you can prove". Is it not a crime to shave points ?

Didn't you say that about Russel Wilson 3 years ago?

I don't know where you get your info but I was not on his board three years ago. But anyone that knows me I loved Wilson but like everyone else thought he was a little two small for the position. Wilson fell into the right team for his skills. Put him on the Jaguars and you see he is not the headliner you are talking about.

Archived