Top 5s for the Jets across the board.

Paradis

**note, my rankings aren't the "best" 5 at each position, but more the top 5 for talent/value for the Jets.

Offense

WR

1 - D. Parker; legit #1 with Bryant like ability to catch the ball and physically dominate the secondary

2 - J. Hardy; feel like he's going to be instantly productive, and able to make gains all over the field ala A.Brown ...Immense value in the 2nd round.

3 - A. Cooper; I'm hard on him because I don't see the elite ceiling, but he represents a perenial #1 with little risk.

4 - DGB; without the red flags he's easily number one, but you have to account that with all the Rice, Gordon hooplah. A trade back in the mid first (or god willing, the 2nd round) would make him a prime candidate

5 - T. McBride; Everything I've seen from him says he'll be playmaker in the NFL... in the 3rd of 4th? Take him and don't look back.

Near miss; K. White... i think there's more risk than people want to believe, but the ceiling is there.

RB

1 - M. Gordon; he's got such elite burst, and coupled with his vision... all pro at the NFL level.

2 - T. Gurley; all world talent, but you gotta at least recognize the injury risk.

3 - D. Cobb; This year's Jeremy Hill could be available in the 4th.

4 - Da Johnson; If the moons align, he'll be in the 3rd and take over our backfield in 2016.

5 - Du. Johnson; maybe he can J. Best if the latter didn't concuss himself out of a career.

QBs.. I guess?

1 - Winston; for obvious reasons

2 - G. Grayson; has the upside of anyone else, just needs tutelage. Be hard to pass on him in Round 3.

3 - M. Mariota; for the right team (system, or a veteran to learn behind) he may blossum into a franchise QB

4 - B. Bridge; Cam Newton upside if he gets the right development

5 - B. Hundley; needs time, and if he gets it, should get a fair crack at leading a team.

TEs

1 - W. Saxton; has all the tools to be "the guy" at Tight End. As a round 3-4 TE he's a steal.

2 - M. Pruitt; Much like Saxton, he's got all makings of a playmaker, and will probably come even cheaper.

3 - N. Boyle; doesn't get much better than a complete inline TE like Boyle in the later rounds

4 - B. Bell; a convert who at 6'6 260 is worth a tickle if we acquire a 5th via trade.

5 -P. Brown; another big dude (6'6 250) who would be available in the 7th. Very productive at ORE before his knee injury.

Oline

1 - C. Erving; Love Cam as someone who can step and play guard now, right tackle if need be, and eventually replace Mangold at center.

2 - DJ Humphries; worth looking at the top of the 2nd. Could be groomed as D'Brick successor.

3 - L. Collins; Love him in a trade back scenario. super versatile lineman who plug and play across the line.

4 - D. Smith; As a 3rd round tackle I think there's lots of value as possible future RT.

5 - T. Jackson; great value in the 3rd as a future Guard to snowman tackles for our running game.

Defense

Dline

1 - E. Harold (DE/OLB); as a potential target in round 2, he comes with almost all the bells and whistles of the round 1 guys and at half the price. If we go O in round 1, this guy would be an ideal selection.

2 - S. Ray (DE); the only elite front seven guy in my eyes worth looking at #6. If we use a lot 40 fronts, Ray is the most disruptive attacker in the draft.

3 - D. Fowler (DE/OLB); a complete prospect who will likely have a long career playing where you need him.

4 - Z. Smith (DE/OLB); as a round 3 guy, Smith has a lot of the upside of his counter part Dupree, but will need some development to find out where his ceiling is.

5 - T. Williams (NT); Plays like a damn horse and should be on our radar if he's there in rnd 7.

ILB (cause we need some)

1 - P. Lawson; ya i'm a sucker for production. If he's still there in round 3, you gotta think about it. Burfict didn't exactly have a great draft off season, but has since proven to be a difference maker.

2 - S. Anthony; again, in round 3 - value

3 - T. Jones; i'd grab him in round 4 in a heartbeat. Violent thumper.

4 - T. Plummer; perfect candidate for rnd 7 seleciton

5 - D. Perryman; If we traded back in round 2, or acquired an extra pick in the middle, then i wouldn't complain if we took him. Problem is, he won't start over Harris or Davis (i'd speculate).

Secondary (all late round guys since we have no immediate need)

1 - B. McClain (CB)...rnd 5-7

2 - C. Mager (CB)... rnd 5-7

3 - J. Shaw (S)... see a lot of upside if we develop him as a future FS

4 - T. Smith (CB)... rnd 5-7

5 - T. Walker (CB)... Don't know where we'd get him as he's a big sleeper candidate, but his measurables are inspiring.

I absolutely love Parker as a player, but I think he's a terrible fit for the Jets in 2015.  Parker would be a waste as a slot receiver and probably won't start ahead of either Marshall or Decker.

I have a hard time deciding who's the best pure WR in this draft.

Parker or DGB .

I absolutely love Parker as a player, but I think he's a terrible fit for the Jets in 2015. Parker would be a waste as a slot receiver and probably won't start ahead of either Marshall or Decker.

I have a hard time deciding who's the best pure WR in this draft.

Parker or DGB .

In that case you move Decker into the slot where he's been successful. He's brandon marshallls understudy and wouldn't be worried about field time. Gaileys likes spread looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you think that a receiving core with Decker in the slot and Parker and Marshall outside is better than Cooper in the slot with Decker and Marshall outside ? 

I could see that in 2016, but not next yr.

In a nutshell, yes. Had we not traded for Marshall, then i could see the argument for why Cooper and his polish is better immediate benefit, but given who our 2 starters are now, Parker makes more sense to me today, and tomorrow. 

Still feel like getting that Pass rusher, then Hardy/Agholor/Strong is better overall. 

Archived