6th Pick

Miss Lonelyhearts

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fowler would be the guy. Bowles can feature him in a lot of different ways that I hope will give Brady sleepless nights before playing the Jets. White is a speed guy that caught a high percentage of passes a few yards from the LOS. They run the read option there and White ran tons of screens and slants and not much else. Yeah, he got a lot of YAC yards, but that was college. This is the NFL. I think White will be marginalized a little bit at this level.

True to a point but he displayed enough pro type of plays to justify his gaudy ranking imo.  Look at this highlight tape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpNVPq2XUKo

Hands down it should be Shane Ray. Perfect for the Jets and their new head coach.

So you don't agree with the assessment that Shane Ray is a better fit for the 4-3? I've heard quite a few people that have that opinion. I do like Ray but I'd have trouble passing on white.

So you don't agree with the assessment that Shane Ray is a better fit for the 4-3? I've heard quite a few people that have that opinion. I do like Ray but I'd have trouble passing on white.

He is perfect for this coach system. He is a pass rusher demon. Him and Beasley are the best in this but Beasley is much lighter. Shane Ray was in my top 5 players in this draft. 

NFLDraftCountdown was just updated.. Has us taking Dupree, Cooper going 7th, Mariota 5th

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

6   NEW YORK JETS:   ALVIN "BUD" DUPREE, OLB, KENTUCKY

alvindupree.jpg 

Scouting Report

After addressing glaring needs at wide receiver and in the secondary earlier this offseason the Jets can now focus on adding a dynamic edge pass rusher. Kentucky OLB Alvin “Bud” Dupree isn’t a household name but he is probably going to come off the board earlier than most expect. Quite possibly in the Top 10 overall. An explosive athlete with a terrific blend of size and speed, Dupree lacks polish after being moved around a lot during his college career but could really take off once he is afforded the opportunity to settle in and master a single position. New head coach Todd Bowles is just the type of defensive guru who can bring the best out of a talent like Dupree. alvindupree.jpgOther alternatives include Dante Fowler, Jr. of Florida, Vic Beasley of Clemson, Randy Gregory of Nebraska and Shane Ray of Missouri. There has also been speculation that this is the floor for Oregon QB Marcus Mariota, whether it be to the Jets or somebody else who wants to trade up for the potential franchise signal caller. As a darkhorse keep an eye on Georgia RB Todd Gurley, who could be the workhorse runner and dynamic playmaker on offense that New York  has  been searching  for in recent years.

It's just a spotty bunch up top, really. It comes down to ranking the percent chance these things happen:

--Jameis Winston ends up becoming JR Smith

--Fowler is really just Jarvis Jones

--Dupree never figures it out

--Mariota melts down when NFL players scream at him in the huddle

--Gregory refuses to stay off the kind and Goodell fetishes his demise

The only guys that appear to be clean are Williams and Cooper. I'd imagine White is the next guy on that list because he's physical to go along with the measurables, so he won't get pimp-smacked all over the field. 

This is the worst draft all together I can remember in a long time.  Some WR's, some RB's...and thats about it.  QB's are suspect.  OLB's are all suspect.  CB's are suspect.  No safeties.  OL is OL. TE's suck. Which is why the Jets are picking in the top 10.  The world would have it no other way.

I'm starting to really believe based on the way the draft falls, that the Jets are taking White.  Which I'm fine with at this point.

I have liked Dupree for a while so I would not be unhappy if the jets took him for their olb issue.  However it would be really tough and massively unpopular on here if they passed over Cooper to do so.  I wouldn't even pass over Cooper for Dupree.

This is the worst draft all together I can remember in a long time.  Some WR's, some RB's...and thats about it.  QB's are suspect.  OLB's are all suspect.  CB's are suspect.  No safeties.  OL is OL. TE's suck. Which is why the Jets are picking in the top 10.  The world would have it no other way.

I'm starting to really believe based on the way the draft falls, that the Jets are taking White.  Which I'm fine with at this point.

I think you are going to see a lot of good players from the late 1st to 2nd to early 3rd rounds.  I don't disagree about a lot of the top end guys being suspect but I think their are a lot of diamonds further down.

Dupree?

When I was just a little young boy,
Papa said son, youll never get far,
Tell you the reason, if you wanna know,
Cause child of mine, there isn't really far to go.

Well, baby baby wants a gold diamond ring,
Wants it more than any old thing,
Well when I get those jelly-roll blues,
Why I go and get anything in this world for you.

Down to the jewelry store packin a gun,
Says, wrap it up I think Ill take this one.
A thousand dollars please, the jewelry man said,
Dupree said, Ill pay this one off to you in lead.

Well you know son, you just can't figure,
First thing you know youre gonna to pull that trigger,
And its no wonder, your reason goes bad,
Jelly-roll will drive you so mad.

Judge said, son, its gonna cost you some time.
Dupree said, judge you know that crossed my mind.
Judge said, fact its gonna cost you your life.
Dupree said, judge you know that seems to me to be about right.

Baby baby you gonna lose her sweet man,
Dupree come out with a losin hand,
Babys gonna weep it up for a while,
Then go out and find another sweet mans gonna treat her with style.

Judge said, son, I know your baby well,
But that's a secret I can never tell.
Dupree said, judge well its well understood,
But you got to admit that sweet jellys so good.

Well you know son, you just can't figure,
First thing you know youre gonna to pull that trigger,
And its no wonder, your reason goes bad,

Same old story and I know its been told,
Some like jelly jelly, some like gold,
Many a mans done a terrible thing
Just to get, baby a shinin diamond ring.

I have liked Dupree for a while so I would not be unhappy if the jets took him for their olb issue.  However it would be really tough and massively unpopular on here if they passed over Cooper to do so.  I wouldn't even pass over Cooper for Dupree.

I'd be furious and I like Dupree too.

I think you are going to see a lot of good players from the late 1st to 2nd to early 3rd rounds.  I don't disagree about a lot of the top end guys being suspect but I think their are a lot of diamonds further down.

There always is...but I cant remember a top 10 that is this suspect since, well, the last time the Jets had a pick in the top 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Jets!

I'd be furious and I like Dupree too.

There always is...but I cant remember a top 10 that is this suspect since, well, the last time the Jets had a pick in the top 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Jets!

It does feel like the Gholston draft again.

It does feel like the Gholston draft again.

Yeah I'm hoping/praying that one of the QB's or one of the WR's fall to us.  I don't like any of these edge guys at 6.  If Gurley didn't have the injury hx I'd put him in there at top 5.  That is how bad the top of the draft strikes me this year.  

White's disappearance in a few games is worth considering. TCU and Texas come to mind. He was bottled up a lot easier than Parker... and outside of long balls, he wasn't a force for making contested catches.  

I watched a few WVU games and it seemed to me that White ran a lot of underneath routes. Lots of slants, hooks and slip screens. Then he made guys miss with his speed and atheticism. Not sure he would be a true deep threat in NFL, but the Pats sure make it work with all their underneath junk. No doubt he would be a weapon. I think that Fowler would be the guy based on our HC being a defensive guy.

I can't see drafting ANY Kentucky football player in round one. Every one that has has busted out. Remember Dwayne Robertson who was supposed to be the next Warren Sapp. Turned out more like Sapp's grandmother. Also, Tim Couch and I am sure there are more.

I can't see drafting ANY Kentucky football player in round one. Every one that has has busted out. Remember Dwayne Robertson who was supposed to be the next Warren Sapp. Turned out more like Sapp's grandmother. Also, Tim Couch and I am sure there are more.

there are plenty of good Kentucky players in NFL, Cobb for one, you may want to do a google

Archived