Bleacher Report: Jets Want to Move On from Geno; Look to Draft a QB

JetBlue

NY Jets Team Stream Video at http://bleacherreport.com/new-york-jets.

Looks like they will definitely be taking a qb in the draft.  They really like Winston but are not prepared to pay the kings ransom it would probably take to get him.  Mariota is another story and they might be willing to trade up to say 4 if Tenn. passes on him.   If not then Hundley, Petty and Grayson are all in play.  I guess they will probably also put out feelers for Glennon although that wasn't mentioned in the video.  The bottom line if Jason Cole is to be believed is Jets are definitely looking to move on from Geno... 

Looks like they will definitely be taking a qb in the draft.  They really like Winston but are not prepared to pay the kings ransom it would probably take to get him.  Mariota is another story and they might be willing to trade up to say 4 if Tenn. passes on him.   If not then Hundley, Petty and Grayson are all in play.  I guess they will probably also put out feelers for Glennon although that wasn't mentioned in the video.  The bottom line if Jason Cole is to be believed is Jets are definitely looking to move on from Geno... 

man all I see is boobs

Jaws is reporting that Mariota is going #1 to Tampa Bay.  If the JETS can get there hands on Jameis they must do so.  Jameis is a stud Qb.  Guaranteed.

Jaws is reporting that Mariota is going #1 to Tampa Bay.  If the JETS can get there hands on Jameis they must do so.  Jameis is a stud Qb.  Guaranteed.

I did see that; I hope we don't get crazy but he could be the missing piece of our puzzle... 

Jameis scares me. His own lawyer said that he wasn't mature enough to be in the NFL. That's not good.

yep definitely high risk, high reward.  Bowles and Mac would definitely be putting their jobs on the line if the move up for him and he busts....  I don't know it might be a chance they have to take if the cost is somewhat reasonable (which I doubt it will be).  Glad it's not me making that decision. 

yep definitely high risk, high reward.  Bowles and Mac would definitely be putting their jobs on the line if the move up for him and he busts....  I don't know it might be a chance they have to take if the cost is somewhat reasonable (which I doubt it will be).  Glad it's not me making that decision. 

Jameis is a stud.  He was held back by the lack of quality receivers at the college level. Jameis is ready to come in and let it rip right away similar to Luck.  Jameis is a sure fire franchise QB skill wise.  He is a very football smart player with great leadership abilities.  His game is taylor made for the NFL.

My guess is that Winston will continue to be a douchebag off the field.  If he comes here, we likely frequently would read about him on Page 6, closing bars and partying (not unlike Rothliesberger of a few years ago)  and he likely will say stupid things in the press on a  fairly regular basis. 

But I expect him to be a good player, and fairly soon.  It has been too long since we had a good QB for me to worry about embarassing press or an unflattering "face of the franchise."  On the other hand, if his decision making is so bad that it is going to get him arrested or suspended, that is too much to put up with.  I hope our guys are doing their homework.

Jaws is reporting that Mariota is going #1 to Tampa Bay. If the JETS can get there hands on Jameis they must do so. Jameis is a stud Qb. Guaranteed.

I agree and would be thrilled if we get Winston. I like his chances in the NFL the way his game translates more so than Mariota.

I just hope IF we take a QB at 6 he pans out cause I'd be pretty pissed we'd lose out on one of the pass rushers or a guy like Cooper who I'm really starting to like for a guy that doesn't pan out.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Jameis is a stud.  He was held back by the lack of quality receivers at the college level. Jameis is ready to come in and let it rip right away similar to Luck.  Jameis is a sure fire franchise QB skill wise.  He is a very football smart player with great leadership abilities.  His game is taylor made for the NFL.

Is your middle inital DWC?

My guess is that Winston will continue to be a douchebag off the field.  If he comes here, we likely frequently would read about him on Page 6, closing bars and partying (not unlike Rothliesberger of a few years ago)  and he likely will say stupid things in the press on a  fairly regular basis. 

But I expect him to be a good player, and fairly soon.  It has been too long since we had a good QB for me to worry about embarassing press or an unflattering "face of the franchise."  On the other hand, if his decision making is so bad that it is going to get him arrested or suspended, that is too much to put up with.  I hope our guys are doing their homework.

WHAT IS SO BAD ABOUT HIS BEHAVIOR?

He stole some crab legs?  Gimme a break.  Everybody does stupid things in college.

Some girl accused him of raping her?  Went nowhere.

He stole some crab legs?  Gimme a break.  Everybody does stupid things in college.

The guy is in the public eye and he seems to do a lot of dumb things.  Jumping up on a table in the dining hall and yelling "F her in the p***sy" was not a smart thing for a celebrity to do either, especially when his behavior likely has a direct correlation to how high he gets drafted and what type of contract he gets.  And most guys don't get accused of rape (even if he is innocent).  It likely means, at the least, he put himself in an unwise situation.  I don't know the guy.  He could turn out to be a great guy and trouble free.  All I said is I hope they do their homework.  I like him as a player and think he could be great for the Jets if he isn't a flake,

Jameis scares me. His own lawyer said that he wasn't mature enough to be in the NFL. That's not good.

Yeah, well anyone can criticize when its not their life being put under the microscope and gone over with a fine tooth comb. I listen to Lets talk Jets radio podcast and one of the hosts continuously demeans Winston like the dude is overly troubled or has an extensive criminal record. I hear him talking about how Jameis is such a problem child and how there's no way in hell that he should be trusted by being picked first in the draft because of his past. And Im sitting here like "Who the hell hasn't been to college and yelled out some crazy sh*t in study hall and/or stole something from a store"? This is what teens do, better yet, this is what most do at one point or another.

The criticism on this guy is beyond ridiculous. I can understand cutting up and joking on the fact that he stole crab legs, especially after watching the vid, but the people who are making this a big deal are people who steal or have stolen. Jameis will be a top pick and then Jameis should fire his lawyer for undermining his own client. 

He stole some crab legs? Gimme a break. Everybody does stupid things in college.

Some girl accused him of raping her? Went nowhere.

Winston is a cocky f-cker I've seen him interviewed several times but he doesn't strike me as this sociopath everyone makes him out to be. He used a plastic cup for water to have a drink of soda and stole a bag of crab legs. He's a Boy Scout compared to that piece of feces Mike Vick who most jets fans supported signing.

No this is a misconception that everyone does something stupid in college.

crab legs, cafeteria. incident, the rape accusation...etc

I think he looks the most like a good pro Qb in the draft but he threw way too many ints last year and you cannot ignore past behavior, did you forget about Manziel already?

His past should not drop him right off the list but you had better do a lot of study on the guy,

Why would you think that when he has never been involved with anything involving drugs of alcohol?

Why would you think that when he has never been involved with anything involving drugs of alcohol?

This is a very good point!  Winston was born and raised for the NFL.  He's on a mission.  This guy has the

personality to play QB in New York and lead his team to championships.

I'm starting to under mind the criticism on this kid a lot... Maybe that's just it though, Winston is just a kid. Its honestly puppies play compared to murder cases, domestic assault cases and other cases that have landed players in prison. Maybe the NFL will make it Winston mature in a sense. Maybe being a professional and having the spotlight that was already on you even brighter will straighten him up. I know I would hate to look like an idiot and fail horribly in front of the entire world from back page to back page. Winston is a kid and will progress. With all that said... If he drops to #6 by the slim 00.01% chance... You rush to the podium and do not look back.

EDIT: And Tbh... If he really does look like a franchise quarterback we could even trade up if its possible. Offer the kings ransom for him... Just KNOW skill wise if he is the guy first.

When the guy's own agent says he isn't ready to be an NFL player off the field it raises flags of caution. I don't care about pranks, but if the guys gets suspended or is a lightning rod for allegations it becomes a problem. The league is worried about it's image right now and will suspend anyone. If that doesn't worry you than you aren't seeing the big picture. 

"Earlier this season, Winston was suspended for a game when he jumped on a table on campus and started mimicking a disturbing viral video on the Internet, yelling, "F--k her right in the p---y!""

I'm no prude, but he has a string of run ins which makes you question his maturity. Maturity does matter like it or not, particularly for a guy who would be a face of the franchise and team leader. Ask the Browns if Johnny Football's maturity issues matter.

If he falls to the Jets I'll root for him to succeed. I'm just worried that with the Jets' luck we'll get him and then he'll be suspended for dumb sh*t.

The guy is immature but has a tremendous skill.  There should be stipulations in his contract for off field behavior and If he is serious about his career and changing then he would have no problem signing anything.  His agents won't allow that to happen because they will claim he will be a target for harassment.

His behavior reeks of immaturity and acts like a clown for attention.  The rape allegation is on a whole different level.  I'm not saying he his guilty since he has never been charged but his other behavior makes me believe that he probably did something stupid that night.  

Can he change?  Yes he can but does a clown ever really change?  I think he could be a good QB.  I dont hink he will be a top 10 QB in this league but teams will go head over heels for a qb in the 10-15 range.  Tampa is in a tough spot with the better QB vs the better person (MM).  If I'm Tampa I would trade out and start using those picks to rebuild the team and draft  Hundley or Petty in the 2nd.  

bleacher report is 'anyone can blog' site , isnt it?

Jason Cole is a reporter on that site.  I don't know anything else about him so I don't know how connected he is or isn't.  This thread is about his video of him being interviewed that is posted on Bleacher Report.  I treat the information as rumor until proven otherwise. 

Archived