Bleacher Report: Jets Want to Move On from Geno; Look to Draft a QB

JetBlue

Jaws is reporting that Mariota is going #1 to Tampa Bay.  If the JETS can get there hands on Jameis they must do so.  Jameis is a stud Qb.  Guaranteed.

He's not reporting it, he's speculating it.

BIG difference.

Why would you think that when he has never been involved with anything involving drugs of alcohol?

I think if you get drugs and a little alcohol in him, he can step his off field game up to the next level.  The kid has potential.

2 years ago most projections had the Jets taking Geno Smith..........at 9. We're not taking Mariota at 6, we sure as hell ain't trading up for him, and I'm betting he drops late first at the earliest. The guy isn't even close, is not even close to being ready to play in the NFL, and it's likely his ultimate ceiling is right around the league avg QB. How in the world does anyone see him as a top 10 pick? Just because this entire QB class sucks does not make him any better than he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as rape accusations...man I hate to say this...but they are just as likely to be false as they are true.  And this comes from investigating many sexual assault cases.  Consensual sex can be reported as rape for so many reasons (reason #1: boyfriend finds out).  Its heartbreaking because everyone gets so invested and there is so much shaming and accusation...then the truth comes out...and some things can't be undone.  the worst part is that these false allegations undermine cases that are legitimate, injuring victims who have truly been assaulted.  As for me, I'm neutral on rape accusations until I see a signed warrant.  Winston is a kid and often does moronic things.  I wouldn't say he was a rapist, though.  That would be assuming too much.

Jameis scares me. His own lawyer said that he wasn't mature enough to be in the NFL. That's not good.

That is NOT what he said. He said he wasn't mature enough to handle himself off the field. On the field this guy is the answer to EVERY QB needy team prayers. Look, Joe Namath was an out on the town guy who boozed it up and was a serious womanizer and was a bit impetuous and immature as well so I would take my chances with Winston. He may stub his toe every now and then but so have several star QB's through the years. Look at Ben Roethlisberger before he got married. The guy was a raping train wreck who also won two SB's.

As far as rape accusations...man I hate to say this...but they are just as likely to be false as they are true.  And this comes from investigating many sexual assault cases.  Consensual sex can be reported as rape for so many reasons (reason #1: boyfriend finds out).  Its heartbreaking because everyone gets so invested and there is so much shaming and accusation...then the truth comes out...and some things can't be undone.  the worst part is that these false allegations undermine cases that are legitimate, injuring victims who have truly been assaulted.  As for me, I'm neutral on rape accusations until I see a signed warrant.  Winston is a kid and often does moronic things.  I wouldn't say he was a rapist, though.  That would be assuming too much.

If you were the investigating officer in this case, and the original statement given was that she was drugged.   When the toxicology report came back there was no signs of drugs in her system, and just a small amount of alcohol.   Then days later she changed her statement, and said she was clubbed on the head from behind, even though at time of the complaint, she never mentioned it, nor did she show any signs of having physical injury when examined at the hospital.  She gave a statement at the time that she  had not had consensual sex in several days prior to the incident, then multiple  traces of DNA showed up in her panties indicating that she had sex with at least one other man that day.   In the following week, she didn't show up for 2 follow up interviews.

Would you be real anxious to run over to the dorm, and throw cuffs on Winston? 

How about what happened to the lead investigator in this case.  Six months later when this young lady  came forward to the national media,  this guy was dragged through the mud as being in collusion with Winston, and being a corrupt cop, because he didn't find the story believable   He couldn't even publicly defend himself because it was an on going criminal investigation.

How about what happened to the lead investigator in this case. Six months later when this young lady came forward to the national media, this guy was dragged through the mud as being in collusion with Winston, and being a corrupt cop, because he didn't find the story believable He couldn't even publicly defend himself because it was an on going criminal investigation.

So many rape cultures. So little time.

If you were the investigating officer in this case, and the original statement given was that she was drugged.   When the toxicology report came back there was no signs of drugs in her system, and just a small amount of alcohol.   Then days later she changed her statement, and said she was clubbed on the head from behind, even though at time of the complaint, she never mentioned it, nor did she show any signs of having physical injury when examined at the hospital.  She gave a statement at the time that she  had not had consensual sex in several days prior to the incident, then multiple  traces of DNA showed up in her panties indicating that she had sex with at least one other man that day.   In the following week, she didn't show up for 2 follow up interviews.

Would you be real anxious to run over to the dorm, and throw cuffs on Winston? 

As I said, there are many false claims of sexual assault.  Even those found to be innocent after investigation get stigmatized due to the nature of such an offense.  The idea being "well, he must've done something wrong".  If he wasn't charged, then the totality of the circumstances, including witness interviews, interviews with the accuser and accused, surveillance video, inconsistencies in story, DNA evidence, etc., likely led to the conclusion that there was no assault.  Again, I've done these investigations and had to answer to angry parents/husbands/boyfriends who want to know why i suck at my job for not bringing charges, when in fact its the accuser who should have been charged.

Duke lacrosse boys would like a word with you.

IOW, another name for prosecutor is lawyer. Don't ever forget that.

I'm a detective.  Very familiar with Laws and Lawyers.  Prosecutors are pressured politically to indict in high profile cases, or deal with career suicide.  The thing is, indictments are handed down by a grand jury, not a prosecutor.  So if there is an indictment, its due to there being a significant amount of evidence.  If that evidence is fabricated at the source, then blaming the prosecutor is unfair.  Would you want to be the one who refused to support an indictment with Al Sharpton screaming through a bullhorn on the court steps and the news media scrutinizing your race, gender, background, etc.?  In most cases indictments are a good evaluative tool.  You can look for exceptions in any sphere. 

Archived