2015 Schedule released Tuesday April 21 8 p.m.

Lot K Tailgaters

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Schedule release likely coming next week

Posted by Mike Florio on April 13, 2015, 9:20 AM EDT
nfl_logo.jpg?w=250Getty Images

With the draft only 17 days away and in light of the NFL’s habit of releasing the regular-season schedule before the draft, the window for releasing the 2015 regular-season schedule is getting fairly narrow.

The current thinking, per a source with knowledge of the situation, is that the sheet will be removed from the schedule on Tuesday, April 21, Wednesday, April 22, or Thursday, April 23.

Wednesday seems to be the least likely, given that ESPN currently has a Major League Baseball game scheduled for that night.  (Then again, the NFL schedule-release show likely would draw more eyeballs.)

We already know the “who” and the “where” for each of the 256 regular-season games; we just don’t know the “when.”  And we still don’t know specifically when we’ll know the “when.”  But April 21, 22, and 23 are the current hot spots.

Looking like April 23rd.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25149064/report-2015-nfl-schedule-will-be-released-on-april-23

f you've been waiting patiently for the 2015 NFL schedule to be released, it looks like you're not going to have to wait much longer. According to Pro Football Talk, the NFL plans to release the 2015 schedule on Thursday, April 23.

If you have big plans for that night, don't cancel them just yet though. PFT notes that there's still a small possibility the date could be changed to April 21 or 22.

Those dates fit in with what the NFL has done over the past eight years.

Since 2007, the schedule has been released sometime between April 11 and April 23.

In five of the past eight years, the schedule has been released on a Tuesday (2008-12). In the three years where the schedule wasn't released on a Tuesday, it was released on a Thursday (2013) or a Wednesday (2007, 2014).

Although the 256-game regular season schedule isn't out yet, we do know a few things: We know which teams will be playing in London and we know the Patriots will be hosting the NFL opener on Sept. 10.

We also know the 2015 opponents for all 32 NFL teams, which you can see here.

Here's an exact look at what we know so far.

Week 1 on Sept. 10: TBA at New England (Here's a list of teams the Patriots could play)

Week 4 on Oct 4: Jets at Dolphins in London, 9:30 a.m. ET

Week 7 on Oct. 25: Bills at Jaguars in London, 9:30 a.m. ET

Week 8 on Nov. 1: Lions at Chiefs in London, 9:30 a.m. ET

Week 12 (Thanksgiving Day): TBA at Lions, TBA at Cowboys

The Week 8 game between the Lions and Chiefs will be the earliest start time ever in a "home" team's time zone, as the game will be kicking off at 8:30 a.m. in Kansas City.

It's also worth keeping in mind that all of the teams playing in London will have a bye the following week, meaning the Lions and Chiefs will have a Week 9 bye.

To find out where the other bye weeks fall, we'll have to wait until April 23.

To hold you over until then, here's some schedule release facts: The last time the schedule wasn't released in mid-April was in 2006, when the schedule came out on April 6. The last time the schedule was released in a month other than April was in 2002, when it was released on March 28.

First two games- On the road against New England and then at home against Buffalo. 100% Guaranteed

The defending Super Bowl Champions don't open at home against a 4-12 team.

The "rivalry" between the Jets and Patriots is imaginary.  Only Jets fans think there is one.

SAR I

The "rivalry" between the Jets and Patriots is imaginary.  Only Jets fans think there is one.

SAR I

The more I think about it, Buffalo at Pats is a natural for the thursday night opener. Big mouth Rex vs Belichick. Coach who has given Pats fits with a new division rival. Bet it happens.

The more I think about it, Buffalo at Pats is a natural for the thursday night opener. Big mouth Rex vs Belichick. Coach who has given Pats fits with a new division rival. Bet it happens.

It'll be a division champion or a hot proven team on the home schedule.  That leaves only Pittsburgh (Division Champ 11-5) or Philadelphia (10-6) as the Pats big AFC games are on the road (at Denver, at Indianapolis).

Put your money on Pittsburgh.

SAR I

It'll be a division champion or a hot proven team on the home schedule.  That leaves only Pittsburgh (Division Champ 11-5) or Philadelphia (10-6) as the Pats big AFC games are on the road (at Denver, at Indianapolis).

Put your money on Pittsburgh.

SAR I

Guess they play Cowboys away?

SAR I

You are so out of touch. I am beginning to think this isn't an act. If it was an act, your posts would land closer to the "in touch" button.

Philly would be a good game for them to broadcast because the potlight as been on Chip over the past month or so. If they move up and grab MM than even better.  Pitt has lost some veteran players plus the suspension of Bell which they would love not to talk about on the first day of football.  

I say Philly if not Pittsburgh.

You are so out of touch. I am beginning to think this isn't an act. If it was an act, your posts would land closer to the "in touch" button.

As an old JI member, I can assure you he is genuine. He isn't acting. He is being himself. He is rich but I 100% guarantee you he is coming from a poor family since he has no class. Hence he is new money. That's why he is shallow. This is who he is. He isn't acting. Max, my suggestion to you is not to pay too much attention to this bozo or he will drive you crazy. 

In the history of opening night games, the defending Super Bowl Champion has never played against a team with a losing record.

For a rivalry to be true, both teams need to feel it.  Mets fans felt a "rivalry" with the Yankees in the 90s and 2000s when we were winning all those World Series and to a man, no Yankee or Yankee fan gave a rats ass about the Mets in those days, not even today.  Patriots fans feel a rivalry with the Broncos, maybe the Colts.  Jets fans flatter themselves when they think the Patriots care about us these days.  2010 was ages ago.

SAR I

As an old JI member, I can assure you he is genuine. He isn't acting. He is being himself. He is rich but I 100% guarantee you he is coming from a poor family since he has no class. Hence he is new money. That's why he is shallow. This is who he is. He isn't acting. Max, my suggestion to you is not to pay too much attention to this bozo or he will drive you crazy. 

I am completely genuine but the rest of what you wrote is garbage and should be deleted.  "Class" isn't describing another Jets fan in this manner on a public message board.

SAR I

I am completely genuine but the rest of what you wrote is garbage and should be deleted.  "Class" isn't describing another Jets fan in this manner on a public message board.

SAR I

You know what SAR, you are right. This is one of my low points. I shouldn't be rude but at the same time brother, here is my take on class.

Class isn't telling people you are driving a BMW and giving the subliminal message of being rich.

Class isn't calling all tailgaters blue collar and belittling them.

Class isn't calling entire Upper Bowl folks stinky blue collar people. 

I can go and on but doesn't matter. Let's not derail the thread. This was my last message on the topic unless you write something that requires me to answer. 

You know what SAR, you are right. This is one of my low points. I shouldn't be rude but at the same time brother, here is my take on class.

Class isn't telling people you are driving a BMW and giving the subliminal message of being rich.

Class isn't calling all tailgaters blue collar and belittling them.

Class isn't calling entire Upper Bowl folks stinky blue collar people. 

I can go and on but doesn't matter. Let's not derail the thread. This was my last message on the topic unless you write something that requires me to answer. 

How is that not classy?

Look, the reason for those responses back in the 2008 JI days was because of the attacks against PSL owners making us out to be the bad guy.  You remember.  All those threads telling us PSL's are evil, how we're stupid and getting ripped off, telling us how to spend our fun money as if we needed your advice.  Bunch of people throw their poverty in our faces, we're going to throw our wealth in theirs.  That's what happened.

And flash forward to today, you look at all those empty seats, that's these supposedly "more diehard" Jets fans disappearing as soon as the losing records started piling on.  Be mad at them.  Be mad at the guys who had great seats in Giants Stadium while the rest of us suffered and then couldn't stomach bad seats once they had to pay real money for them.  They're the bad guys.  They're the ones who quit on us.  They're not loyal.  They were opportunistic.  Attended sold half the games for 2x face value, attended the other half for free.  Party's over.

SAR I

It will be Pats/Steelers.  That's the best match-up for a national audience.

How has Rex given the Pats fits?  He is 1-7 against the Pats in his last 8 games.

It will be Pats/Steelers. That's the best match-up for a national audience.

How has Rex given the Pats fits? He is 1-7 against the Pats in his last 8 games.

Because the games of the last two years have been decided by 3 points or less. The Pats also usually struggle against the better defenses of the league

Because the games of the last two years have been decided by 3 points or less. The Pats also usually struggle against the better defenses of the league

If football were like throwing hand grenades or playing horseshoes, then you would have a point about being close.  In the NFL, it doesn't matter if you win by 1 point or 40 points.

The last time they played, the Pats hung 28 points on a very good Seahawks defense.  How is that considered struggling?

In the history of opening night games, the defending Super Bowl Champion has never played against a team with a losing record.

For a rivalry to be true, both teams need to feel it.  Mets fans felt a "rivalry" with the Yankees in the 90s and 2000s when we were winning all those World Series and to a man, no Yankee or Yankee fan gave a rats ass about the Mets in those days, not even today.  Patriots fans feel a rivalry with the Broncos, maybe the Colts.  Jets fans flatter themselves when they think the Patriots care about us these days.  2010 was ages ago.

SAR I

Bob Kraft filed petty tampering charges against the Jets. He feels that this is a rivalry.

If football were like throwing hand grenades or playing horseshoes, then you would have a point about being close. In the NFL, it doesn't matter if you win by 1 point or 40 points.

The last time they played, the Pats hung 28 points on a very good Seahawks defense. How is that considered struggling?

Don't want to take anything away from your Pats here, but the Seahwaks secondary was pretty banged up before the game even started and after a quarter or so they even had to change to some no name CB. I wondered that they even could prevent NE that long from scoring points. In the last 10 minutes of the 4th quarter it looked like they would lose and in the final seconds.Their fate wasn't even in the hand of the offense. But thats not the point here.

I found it pretty amazing how a team with such a good offense that scores somewhere in the 30's or 40's every week seems to have a hard time win against the Jets. Two years/4 games in a row. These games could have gone either way and if you think about having a playoff game at home or on the road, games like this can make all the difference in the world. So I don't think the Pats take these games too easy, even if they're always acting like they do the week before the game. So yes, I guess Rex gave them fits. And if I think about defenses that they usually struggle against it's the Ravens, Jets and Giants, maybe the Steelers but can't remember the last few games they played against each other.

Don't want to take anything away from your Pats here, but the Seahwaks secondary was pretty banged up before the game even started and after a quarter or so they even had to change to some no name CB. I wondered that they even could prevent NE that long from scoring points. In the last 10 minutes of the 4th quarter it looked like they would lose and in the final seconds.Their fate wasn't even in the hand of the offense. But thats not the point here.

I found it pretty amazing how a team with such a good offense that scores somewhere in the 30's or 40's every week seems to have a hard time win against the Jets. Two years/4 games in a row. These games could have gone either way and if you think about having a playoff game at home or on the road, games like this can make all the difference in the world. So I don't think the Pats take these games too easy, even if they're always acting like they do the week before the game. So yes, I guess Rex gave them fits. And if I think about defenses that they usually struggle against it's the Ravens, Jets and Giants, maybe the Steelers but can't remember the last few games they played against each other.

Fair enough, and BTW, the Pats offense, and Brady in particular, struggle against defensive teams that provide consistent pressure up the middle.

Any chance the schedule makers would put the Jets on Thanksgiving against Dallas?

Not a chance.

Eight years ago, the Jets played Dallas on Thanksgiving Day.

They played the Patriots the same year in Dallas. Don't be so surprised if it is Dallas vs New England for the Thanksgiving game.

A certain top winner for Fox.

Archived