Rex Ryan throws the Jets under the bus with bomshell SI article.

Jetsbb

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL...he got his truck painted and people melted down for three weeks.

Serious question , Rex confirming that he was the one feeding that weasel Mehta info that was winding up on the back page, that doesn't bother you at all?

Serious question , Rex confirming that he was the one feeding that weasel Mehta info that was winding up on the back page, that doesn't bother you at all?

Serious answer....Nothing bothers me more than the idea of a GM that intentionally put together a roster that he knew would win 3-4 games after he tried to do the same thing one year before but the team pissed him off by winning 8.  

I don't care care who the antagonist here is, Woody, Glatt, and Idzik are all awesome, and anyone saying anything bad about them is just bad themselves. Like really, really bad. Really. Bad.

Serious answer....Nothing bothers me more than the idea of a GM that intentionally put together a roster that he knew would win 3-4 games after he tried to do the same thing one year before but the team pissed him off by winning 8.  

there's a Yes in there somewhere.

The roster was better than the year before when they won double the games! Cro played like sh*t, so our secondary wasn't better the year before. It was the same exact team. Minus Austin Howard. And we had better receiving options in Decker and Amaro. 

The roster was better than the year before when they won double the games! Cro played like sh*t, so our secondary wasn't better the year before. It was the same exact team. Minus Austin Howard. 

Should've fired him the year before.

Rex started it. Nothing to let go.

People feel like he's an idiot who knows nothing about football...why acknowledge anything he says if that's the case?  New coach in town...let's focus on the fact that the Jets have assembled the most talented roster they've had since Parcells' AFCCG appearance.

"Game on then."

Now that, that is t-shirt worthy.

Moreso than "slapdick a snack" and "can't wait" I would think.

Honestly, Amaro seems like he's in that Gronk IQ range, and he trolled the sh*t out of the most easily trolled head coach in the NFL. Good for Amaro... how horribly pathetic of Rex, more blabber about the Jets than the Bills, after all that posturing about how long he's been a Bills fan and whatnot.

I'm getting warm here... I'm telling you, magnum opus, it may just happen in this thread... 

People feel like he's an idiot who knows nothing about football...why acknowledge anything he says if that's the case?  New coach in town...let's focus on the fact that the Jets have assembled the most talented roster they've had since Parcells' AFCCG appearance.

Lol, listen to yourself dude. It's the Internet. Lighten the **** up.

When you assume editorial control of the site, then you can tell us what to focus on. For now, if a rival coach is dogging the Jets, I think we're going to choose to talk about it. Better than more of these "okay you guyz i've decided i want marryota" declarations.

In the meantime, if you don't want to hear about Rex then stop lingering in the Rex threads until you force one of us to make you look naive. 

Furthermore, the bold is not mutually exclusive. :P

He isn't an idiot, anybody who makes it to that level obviously knows football. Well in most cases.

But Rex should have spoken to Woody about the talent issues last year. He didn't. Talking about it to S.I. now and addressing Jace Amaro's comments on accountability, that makes Rex look small. Jace didn't call Rex out by name, he simply commented on the way the new staff was handling holding players accountable.

My fear with Rex staying in the division was if he grew as a head coach, that it could be a problem for us. Rex talking to SI, Rex calling out a player on the Jets roster...that shows that Rex hasn't grown as a head coach.

The best thing that could have happened to Rex is that he had a year off. He needed to learn from his mistakes. He hasn't. Since Rex is in the division that is good for us. And it is a story, so it is definitely worth talking about.

Honestly, Amaro seems like he's in that Gronk IQ range, and he trolled the sh*t out of the most easily trolled head coach in the NFL. Good for Amaro... how horribly pathetic of Rex, more blabber about the Jets than the Bills, after all that posturing about how long he's been a Bills fan and whatnot.

I'm getting warm here... I'm telling you, magnum opus, it may just happen in this thread... 

was a hack job allegedly.  Either that or he realized the stupidity of his response to Rex and removed it.  Either way, this is all just stupid, made worse by Rex Ryan's unprofessionalism.  This isn't the first time he has threatened a player.  He is such a child.  

You would be too if you were subject to a flogging by John Idzik.

If Rex felt that way so strongly that he bought a house in Tennessee, he should have had the guts to quit. But if Rex has shown one thing in his time as head coach of the Jets, it's that he has no guts, no spine, no balls, and all his bluster was just an apparatus he employed to try and mask that.

right on the money.

Also this article proves Rex has learned Nothing.  He will continue the brash attitude and when things go slightly bad in buffalo he will once again be exposed and the fans and the organization will become tired of his crap and constant bragging with nothing to back it up.

One of the slides during the presentation parsed the differences between brash—an adjective regularly attached to the head coach—and bold. Ryan, who was sitting in the room, says he felt singled out.

When you assume editorial control of the site, then you can tell us what to focus on. For now, if a rival coach is dogging the Jets, I think we're going to choose to talk about it. Better than more of these "okay you guyz i've decided i want marryota" declarations.

In the meantime, if you don't want to hear about Rex then stop lingering in the Rex threads until you force one of us to make you look naive.

Furthermore, the bold is not mutually exclusive. :P

LOL

He isn't an idiot, anybody who makes it to that level obviously knows football. Well in most cases.

But Rex should have spoken to Woody about the talent issues last year. He didn't. Talking about it to S.I. now and addressing Jace Amaro's comments on accountability, that makes Rex look small. Jace didn't call Rex out by name, he simply commented on the way the new staff was handling holding players accountable.

My fear with Rex staying in the division was if he grew as a head coach, that it could be a problem for us. Rex talking to SI, Rex calling out a player on the Jets roster...that shows that Rex hasn't grown as a head coach.

The best thing that could have happened to Rex is that he had a year off. He needed to learn from his mistakes. He hasn't. Since Rex is in the division that is good for us. And it is a story, so it is definitely worth talking about.

People like Rex don't learn from mistakes. They work so hard to convince others that it wasn't their fault, it usually turns up that they were most successful in convincing themselves. 

I like that Woody addressed that Rex wasn't proactive in the press conference after he fired him. Without specifically saying so, he called Rex out for playing victim. 

I'm so glad he's gone. I'm even more glad he's in Buffalo. 

I agree...he isn't an idiot.

He just said he didn't believe in the team before the season started so he bought a house in Tennese. This should highly disturb all Jets fans.

Meh, Idzink fielded one of the worst rosters in football.. Nobody thought the Jets would good, and they weren't... Not sure why you should kill Rex for seeing what everyone else saw

That being said, Rex should stfu and move on. This makes him look small, almost as bad as T0mShame

A meeting at Jets headquarters in April 2013 troubled Ryan. The league office encouraged teams to hold organization-wide branding exercises, and the Jets’ new senior vice president of marketing and fan engagement built theirs around three words: bold, electrifying, united. One of the slides during the presentation parsed the differences between brash—an adjective regularly attached to the head coach—and bold. Ryan, who was sitting in the room, says he felt singled out.

What a thin-skinned headcase.

I've said it 1,000 times over the years... this is one of the most insecure people I've ever seen under this big a microscope. Every. Single. Thing he did and does is driven by trying to mask that insecurity.

They were trying to pull away from me,” he says. “Like it was my fault, somehow, that people identified the Jets with me, and that was a bad thing and not a good thing. I was just being who I was. From that point on I knew I wasn’t going to be long for that job.” (A Jets spokesman told SI: “It’s surprising and disappointing that Rex feels that way. There was no effort by the organization to move away from him in any way.”

Not firing him with Tanny. 

Keeping him employed 2 additional years.

Obviously trying to pull away from him. Obviously.

What a thin-skinned headcase.

I've said it 1,000 times over the years... this is one of the most insecure people I've ever seen under this big a microscope. Every. Single. Thing he did and does is driven by trying to mask that insecurity.

projection

I agree...he isn't an idiot.

Not an idiot.  But has a childlike mentality and level of maturity.  One would expect the comments he made on amaro to come from an immature 12 year old.  He's not a leader in the true sense of the word nor will he ever be, IMO.  

If Rex felt that way so strongly that he bought a house in Tennessee, he should have had the guts to quit. But if Rex has shown one thing in his time as head coach of the Jets, it's that he has no guts, no spine, no balls, and all his bluster was just an apparatus he employed to try and mask that.

If Idzik felt that way so strongly that he completely under mined the season by not spending money, he should have had the guts to quit. But if Idzik has shown one thing in his time as GM of the Jets, it's that he has no guts, no spine, no balls, and no brains

If Idzik felt that way so strongly that he completely under mined the season by not spending money, he should have had the guts to quit. But if Idzik has shown one thing in his time as GM of the Jets, it's that he has no guts, no spine, no balls, and no brains

It saddens me that you had to cut and paste a single sentence.

Archived