Rex Ryan throws the Jets under the bus with bomshell SI article.

Jetsbb

Great points Tom, you laid out exactly why I think Buffalo skips right over the " 9-7 wild card contender' that even alot of Rex detractors think will happen before he implodes in year 2 and gets fired after 3 years, …I think its a Kotitian implosion from day 1 and he's out in 2 years.

I know it's Francesa, but he had a great point, too. He said, "How is Rex going to look those guys in the eye and tell them he knows how to win when those same guys have been kicking his rear end for the past two years?" That team can collapse quickly.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex doesn't even know who the hell plays offense on his team so the Incognito, Harvin, Cassell, Shady antics will not phase him at all.  Just like he seems to be totally unaware of what happened on the jets offense for all years here.  I'm pretty sure that is why he has Weekes on his staff so as he goes down the hall past his 3 year starters he can ask him, "Weeksie, who the hell was that guy?  Our starting QB?  Gotcha, I'll remember his name next time."

Incognito was a huge mistake.

Admittedly,  I am a little concerned about Incognito.   Time will tell how this works out.  I am hoping if anything happens,  that our team members will come together and squelch the problem.  

The Jets were 4-9 vs. the Pats during the Rex years, including a playoff win. The Bills were 2-10 vs. the Pats in that same stretch. Over the last three years, in six games, which includes a Jets win, the Pats have only beaten the Jets by more than a FG once. During that same stretch, the Bills have beaten the Pats once but lost by 24, 14, and 15. Both were pretty sh*tty but the Jets were noticeably less sh*tty. 

I don't know how you possibly laid out that the Bills were more competitive against the Pats than the Jets during the Rex Ryan era, but your arguments couldn't have been based on the actual outcomes of the games. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jets%E2%80%93Patriots_rivalry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bills%E2%80%93Patriots_rivalry

So the arguement is which team lost to the Pats by less?

Interesting.

Buffalo was good last year.

Buffalo has had a better stretch of being competitive versus the Patriots than Rex has over the past 6 years (this is something I looked up, laid out, and proved factually in another thread a few months ago).

All Rex has done is a 2-bit stand-up routine at his press conferences. If that is driving more excitement about football than a season like last year where your team over-achieved and the defense got more stifling week-after-week, then you have a terrible, terrible fan base

Our fan base has a reputation of being 2nd best (Seahawk fans the best) in the NFL.  We are most excited about the players we are bringing in and  of course we are excited about Rex.  The Pegulas are out to bring a championship to the Buffalo Fans and as Terry Pegula said many times,  money is not an issue.   

Rex doesn't even know who the hell plays offense on his team so the Incognito, Harvin, Cassell, Shady antics will not phase him at all.  Just like he seems to be totally unaware of what happened on the jets offense for all years here.  I'm pretty sure that is why he has Weekes on his staff so as he goes down the hall past his 3 year starters he can ask him, "Weeksie, who the hell was that guy?  Our starting QB?  Gotcha, I'll remember his name next time."

Wait Rex was a idiot for trading Alonso for Shady and he didn't know he did it?? LOL

Our fan base has a reputation of being 2nd best (Seahawk fans the best) in the NFL.  We are most excited about the players we are bringing in and  of course we are excited about Rex.  The Pegulas are out to bring a championship to the Buffalo Fans and as Terry Pegula said many times,  money is not an issue.   

Maybe Ville Leino can play football.

Wait Rex was a idiot for trading Alonso for Shady and he didn't know he did it?? LOL

Rule #1 for all Rex lovers:

Any move that might be perceived as possibly good = Rex did it.

Any move that might be perceived as iffy = The gm did it.

Rex knows offensive players in only one way, 'hey that guy kicked my defenses ass, get him!'  (See Tim Tebow)

Bringing in Incognito, Harvin, Cassel, and Shady is similar to when the Rex Jets brought in Plaxico Burress, LaDainian Tomlinson, Cromartie, and Derrick Mason. All relatively talented players, but each was a me-first douche that hurt the locker rooms of every team they were on. LT and Cro were thrown out of San Diego; Mason was forcibly ejected from the Ravens; and Burress didn't even get a phone call from the Giants when he got out of jail. Cassel is a whiny loser that no one respects, Harvin's issues are well-documented, Shady is a gigantic asswipe, and Incognito is essentially Plaxico who has nothing left in the tank. You guys better start out 6-0 or that locker room will start to collapse upon itself.

Our team (inclusive of the owners and front office) will handle it.

What were you testing how some are dumb enough to believe a lying ape?? :animal0029:

Whether jeaniec knew this herself for starters, and also I was cross-referencing a point I made to someone I believe might be behind the jeaniec alt a few months ago.

You tards ruin everything.

This wasn't soley Rex's decision.  Whaley, Brandon and the Pegulas were involved.  They were all in a meeting when Whaley got the call.  It took 30 minutes (from start to finish) to move forward on this deal.  

Whether jeaniec knew this herself for starters, and also I was cross-referencing a point I made to someone I believe might be behind the jeaniec alt a few months ago.

This site has nothing good to say about the Bills or their fans.  I'm use to it :animal0029:

This site has nothing good to say about the Bills or their fans.  I'm use to it :animal0029:

Not what I was getting at, at all DRJETS. 

This site has nothing good to say about the Jets or their fans either, for the record.

Or she's a female Bills fan or is that out of the realm of possibility?? What's next PatFanTex is really a Pat Fan that lives in Texas?? Houston to be exact..LOL 

In the moment, those seasons were great because we hadn't been used to any kind of success as Jets fans, so these runs were great times.  But, given the talent levels of both of those teams (the 2009 team was very talented, having been an injured Brett Favre away from being legitimate contenders the year before), it could be argued that Rex underachieved with them.

I think this is what Rex apologists never see. They think we got to the two AFCG because of Rex, when in reality we underperformed under Rex and had a lot of good fortune go our way. We would have been a better team in 2009 and 2010 with a different HC. Even worse, Rex was actually a better head coach back then as well. People think it is a lot of false bravado with Rex, and some is, but mostly it is the fact that like his dad, Rex is incredibly arrogant, but that arrogance is centered around his defense only where most good HCs center their arrogance around their entire team. Because of that he has gotten a little worse each year as a head coach, as he favors the defense more and more, gets more and more conservative and outdated with his offense, and refuses to adapt to an NFL that has largely figured out his defense. Rex's vaunted defense, even not including the no CB season last year, has gotten worse each year as teams learn to defend his now predictable blitzes, and how to exploit his coverage schemes on 3rd down. Too bad it took Woody an additional 2 years to realize that you need football people not executives and bean counters running the FO, and a balanced HC.

Or she's a female Bills fan or is that out of the realm of possibility?? What's next PatFanTex is really a Pat Fan that lives in Texas?? Houston to be exact..LOL 

I am a female Bills fan, who lives in Buffalo and I am not impersonating anyone else.

I think this is what Rex apologists never see. They think we got to the two AFCG because of Rex, when in reality we underperformed under Rex and had a lot of good fortune go our way. We would have been a better team in 2009 and 2010 with a different HC. Even worse, Rex was actually a better head coach back then as well. People think it is a lot of false bravado with Rex, and some is, but mostly it is the fact that like his dad, Rex is incredibly arrogant, but that arrogance is centered around his defense only where most good HCs center their arrogance around their entire team. Because of that he has gotten a little worse each year as a head coach, as he favors the defense more and more, gets more and more conservative and outdated with his offense, and refuses to adapt to an NFL that has largely figured out his defense. Rex's vaunted defense, even not including the no CB season last year, has gotten worse each year as teams learn to defend his now predictable blitzes, and how to exploit his coverage schemes on 3rd down. Too bad it took Woody an additional 2 years to realize that you need football people not executives and bean counters running the FO, and a balanced HC.

The same was said about our DC, Jim Swartz and HC Doug Marrone in that we already had a good defense in place suggesting that no credit be given to these 2 men.  Good, bad or indifferent,  I have to give credit where credit is due.  Marrone got us through alot of turbulents last first.  First,  owner Ralph Wilson passed away.  Then there was question as to whether the Bills would remain in Buffalo with Bon Jovi and crew as one of the bidders (to purchase).  Then,  came the infamous snowstorm when we had to move our game (against the Jets) to Detroit    Good defense or no defense,  the HC kept it altogether during these times.  I am no longer a fan of Marrone's. Pretty disappointed that he gave a prep talk about next year and then bolted  the next day.  However,  he did do something during his time here.

Archived