GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I wouldn't get ahead of yourself assuming the white walkers are going down.  Martin is kind of dick when it comes to that kind of stuff.  Seems like it's been too long since anyone fans care about has gotten killed off, so he's probably just saving up.

Like, you think the White Walkers win?  That would be really stupid IMO.  Let me create this incredibly complex intriguing story which has yet to be resolved and then poop all over it with an impossible to beat army of dead people just sweeping through their world and killing off all these characters his audience loves and adores and have followed for almost a decade?

He might get deaths threats lol

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Like, you think the White Walkers win?  That would be really stupid IMO.  Let me create this incredibly complex intriguing story which has yet to be resolved and then poop all over it with an impossible to beat army of dead people just sweeping through their world and killing off all these characters his audience loves and adores and have followed for almost a decade?

I don't discount any possibilities at this point.  One way or another, lots of people are going to die.  It's really just going to be a question of whether it's all, or just most.

On the flip side, if all we're left with is Queen Mormont, Hand of the Queen Pod, and Commander Arya, Westeros would be a better place.

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Tyrion during the incest scene: they made a point to show him him and his look of concern.  Why?  Scared that love might stand in the way of conquering?  Otherwise, you think he'd be happy about it.  The whole season they built up the theory that Tyrion (and Varys) were concerned with Dany's moral code and sanity.  Now she's sleeping with the one guy who has any moral compass on the entire show.  Should be a good thing and help his cause for getting her to not go crazy, right? So why the concerned look? 

Tyrion is probably worried about the succession. He challenged Dannerys earlier about how can they "break the wheel", he even mentioned some sort of democracy. If they conceive a child, the wheel is more likely to keep spinning...

4 hours ago, JiF said:

The Army of the Dead is a metaphor for--wait for it--creeping mortality. If Martin plays this out to the end, the Night King wins because no one beats death. 

2 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

I don't discount any possibilities at this point.  One way or another, lots of people are going to die.  It's really just going to be a question of whether it's all, or just most.

On the flip side, if all we're left with is Queen Mormont, Hand of the Queen Pod, and Commander Arya, Westeros would be a better place.

I was think about this possible ending: if the white walkers can't swim, they can take control of Westeros and all the survivors cross the narrow sea to live in the other continent (Essos). Of course, they have to burn the dead dragon so the Knight King remains isolated in Westeros. 

7 hours ago, JiF said:

6?  Oh sh*t...haha.  Well then.  I have a few thoughts.

Bran finally steps up and figures this thing out with the dead, makes quicker work of it than expected and the war of westeros takes the stage.

Or, they nip the war of westeros quickly with the king slayer, slaying the Queen preventing the Golden Army or whatever to be relevant and then focus on the Great War.  

Or maybe the White Walkers dying triggers all the people/things they've turned to die as well plays a huge factor and that war is resolved quicker than expected.

Theon somehow leads a brilliant attack and overturn of Euron.  

Arya kills Cersi dressed as Jamie after she kills Jamie.  lmfao.  Which would be so ******* bad ass.

Or a combo of all the above. 

How about Arya using Lord Baelish's face to become HIM and use this to kill Cersi .

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, victorjets said:

I was think about this possible ending: if the white walkers can't swim, they can take control of Westeros and all the survivors cross the narrow sea to live in the other continent (Essos). Of course, they have to burn the dead dragon so the Knight King remains isolated in Westeros. 

The dead can ride around on ice dragons but can't commandeer a ship?

• Upvote 1

On 8/28/2017 at 11:50 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

How do I get the actor who plays Bran to narrate all of my love making?

If I was an omniscient god/prophet/worg I would totally spy on my step-brother's lovemaking rather than keep on eye on the notoriously unreliable Cersi to make sure she isn't plotting a backstab after agreeing to an alliance against the dead.

• Sympathy 1

On 8/26/2017 at 4:56 AM, T0mShane said:

I just watched the episode and I had some issues with it. Thrones does a lot of mirroring, and it's what we got here with the dragon wiping out a bunch of chaff and a major character going into the water as in a baptism, from whence they emerge with some humility. Problem is, the dragons v white walkers was something being set up for years at this point, and it ended up feeling like a recycled visual because we just saw the same effect two weeks ago. If they did this as a narrative choice (employing dragon rage as a precursor to Jamie and Jon Snow having a baptismal awakening), it better pay off huge or it'll have been a waste. 

One of the pitfalls with moving beyond the books is that Benioff, etc might lose patience for, and interest in, some of the more clever plot elements from the books. Consider the discipline it took to carry out the Hodor/Hold The Door storyline, for instance. Is that kind of stuff going to fall off as we move forward, with no one beholden to any text? While this season has been pretty good, it doesn't feel as clever(?) as past seasons. Instead, it feels like Lord of the Rings. Could just be that I'm spoiled by previous seasons.

They are taking far fewer risks this season and it shows. This season was formulaic, setting up the majors for the final showdown. Gone were the "giving zero Fs" of the past 6 seasons, which is what made it fun and unpredictable and shocking. Granted, if they wiped out a major in this season, there wouldn't be enough time to introduce a new player and develop them enough for the audience to get emotionally invested in them. Hopefully this season was just a set up for a mega mind melt coming in the final season.

16 hours ago, JiF said:

A couple of questions/thoughts from that episode.

Tyrion during the incest scene: they made a point to show him him and his look of concern.  Why?  Scared that love might stand in the way of conquering?  Otherwise, you think he'd be happy about it.  The whole season they built up the theory that Tyrion (and Varys) were concerned with Dany's moral code and sanity.  Now she's sleeping with the one guy who has any moral compass on the entire show.  Should be a good thing and help his cause for getting her to not go crazy, right? So why the concerned look? 

The nod to kill Jamie?  Did she tell the Mountain not to kill him even if she gives the order?  A bluff?  Jamie is her one weakness.  How that plays a factor now that he's a traitor is going to be pretty amazing considering their relationship being revealed was the catalyst for all the chaos.  

Theon and 2 row boats full of dudes are going to do what exactly?  

What did Hound mean when he said essentially you know whats coming for you?  Is he still seeing visions through the lord of light?  Speaking of which, where is the Red Bitch? 

Not sure how they wrap up the Great War and the War for Westerns in 8 episodes.  I feel like with Cersi lying, it elongates the storyline unless somehow that particular strategy is nipped in the butt before its executed which seems impossible considering the dragon blasting through the wall and the Army of the Dead south of the Wall.  It seems like they're going to have to solve a lot of conflict in a short period of time.  Unless of course Bran finally steps up and stops being the most worthless yet most powerful person alive all at the same time.

I genuinely think Tyrion may turn on Dany/Jon. He's too big a character not to have a bigger role in the end game than being a very poor advisor to Dany.  Him mentioning the obvious plot device of Cersei's pregnancy and Tyrion questioning Dany's succession plans could be his motivation. He may never support Cersei on the throne but I could see him supporting Jaime's son - A trueborn (albeit incestous one) Lannister to rule the 7 kingdoms. They played up his sub-conscious support for his family all season, especially during the field of fire episode. Tyrion is Tywin's son after all. It would be something I'd love to see but I think I'm giving D&D too much credit and the look was probably nothing, maybe Jorah's actor was busy.

The Hound was talking about the BOWL that was promised. Cleganebowl ******* confirmed for season 8. 

Jaime is most intriguing character in the show right now. Love that they finally cut him loose from Cersei, the symbolism of him in black, covering up the gold hand to go North to save the world. Awesome. Will be very interesting how the Starks receive him, Bran especially. 

They should have enough to wrap it up - They've absolutely blitzed through Season 7 which I didn't like at times but can see why it's necessary. There's still some horrendous writing at times but they payoff generally allows for it. Every episode will be like a movie from now on. 

What bothered me is Jon's name being Aegon. No mention that his brother was also called Aegon? 

17 hours ago, JiF said:

What did Hound mean when he said essentially you know whats coming for you?  Is he still seeing visions through the lord of light?  

He means him, he is coming for him, there will be an episode next year IMO where those 2 fight, most likely in some kind of trial of Cersi with the Mountain fighting for her in trial by combat, and the hound the opponent for the crown because he asks, no demands it be him.  I never read the books, but this is also a theory of some kind of Clegane battle that must be had, and that the hound is the only one able to kill him, or whatever he is now zombie, or whatever maybe with dragon glass?  Not entirely sure.

17 hours ago, JiF said:

6?  Oh sh*t...haha.  Well then.  I have a few thoughts.

Bran finally steps up and figures this thing out with the dead, makes quicker work of it than expected and the war of westeros takes the stage.

Or, they nip the war of westeros quickly with the king slayer, slaying the Queen preventing the Golden Army or whatever to be relevant and then focus on the Great War.  

Or maybe the White Walkers dying triggers all the people/things they've turned to die as well plays a huge factor and that war is resolved quicker than expected.

Theon somehow leads a brilliant attack and overturn of Euron.  

Arya kills Cersi dressed as Jamie after she kills Jamie.  lmfao.  Which would be so ******* bad ass.

Or a combo of all the above. 

My guess is the white walkers get taken out in one fell swoop with Aeron Targarean (Jon Snow) taking out the Night King which kills every white walker extinguishing the entire army, and ending the war (this was already eluded to in the suicide squad episode by the one eyed dude).

17 hours ago, JiF said:

Then again, if Jon is the heir to the Throne...maybe there is something more obvious in the future...but that just seems so, boring.

I see this as a possible huge divide if Jon wants to stake his claim to the Throne, and Danys doesn't want to give up her claim, both the unsullied, and dathrakies (spelling?) don't give a **** about who has the proper claim, and would follow Dany's, OR they don't give a **** about the incest as that was a normal thing through out the Targarean family history from what I've heard, and decide to rule together which would make the most sense with just 6 episodes left.

17 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

I wouldn't get ahead of yourself assuming the white walkers are going down.  Martin is kind of dick when it comes to that kind of stuff.  Seems like it's been too long since anyone fans care about has gotten killed off, so he's probably just saving up.

With Little Finger now dead, other then Cersi who out of the main characters is left that the fans, or at least a large portion don't like, and have an attachment to?  Cersi is really the only one left that most don't like, and there might be some who like the slimy ****.

17 hours ago, JiF said:

Yeah considering there is another Continent full of people that the army can't get to except maybe the NK on a Dragon the walkers winning don't make sense, and the fact that the Head Meister told Tulley this isn't the first time the walkers have come, and every time the living beat them back seems to go against the Walkers prevailing.

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Jaime is most intriguing character in the show right now. Love that they finally cut him loose from Cersei, the symbolism of him in black, covering up the gold hand to go North to save the world. Awesome. Will be very interesting how the Starks receive him, Bran especially. 

Will there be a Tormond, and Jaime squabble over the most unlikely woman to have a fight over in Brienne?

Don't forget the prophecy that the Witch in the forest gave to Cersei when she was a young girl.  1)  She will have 3 children, all of whom will die. Check   2) She will be replaced by a younger, more beautiful woman. Sansa or Dany?  3) She will be killed by a younger sibling. Remember, Jaime stated a throw away line in an episode in season 6, when He said that Cersei was born a few minutes before him.  

19 minutes ago, section314 said:

Don't forget the prophecy that the Witch in the forest gave to Cersei when she was a young girl.  1)  She will have 3 children, all of whom will die. Check   2) She will be replaced by a younger, more beautiful woman. Sansa or Dany?  3) She will be killed by a younger sibling. Remember, Jaime stated a throw away line in an episode in season 6, when He said that Cersei was born a few minutes before him.  

The show actually messed up the prophecy - In Season 1 she said that had a child that died in infancy.

19 hours ago, JiF said:

A couple of questions/thoughts from that episode.

The nod to kill Jamie?  Did she tell the Mountain not to kill him even if she gives the order?  A bluff?  Jamie is her one weakness.  How that plays a factor now that he's a traitor is going to be pretty amazing considering their relationship being revealed was the catalyst for all the chaos.  

Theon and 2 row boats full of dudes are going to do what exactly?  

What did Hound mean when he said essentially you know whats coming for you?  Is he still seeing visions through the lord of light?  Speaking of which, where is the Red Bitch? 

Not sure how they wrap up the Great War and the War for Westerns in 8 episodes.  I feel like with Cersi lying, it elongates the storyline unless somehow that particular strategy is nipped in the butt before its executed which seems impossible considering the dragon blasting through the wall and the Army of the Dead south of the Wall.  It seems like they're going to have to solve a lot of conflict in a short period of time.  Unless of course Bran finally steps up and stops being the most worthless yet most powerful person alive all at the same time.

6.   Just 6 next year

31 minutes ago, section314 said:

She will be killed by the little brother.   She always assumed that meant Tyrion.   Could be Jaime.  

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

No, she had a scene with Catelyn in Season One and said she had a child with Robert.

Great scene. With how the character of Cersei has developed, though, as a ruthless liar and killer, don't you think that was just BS? Tyring to get sympathy from the Starks to cover up the fact that Bran is in that condition because of Jamie and her?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Great scene. With how the character of Cersei has developed, though, as a ruthless liar and killer, don't you think that was just BS? Tyring to get sympathy from the Starks to cover up the fact that Bran is in that condition because of Jamie and her?

I actually think she felt that way about her son.   At the time, she didn't hate Robert yet, and she has shown to love her children.   I don't think she cared about the Stark boy, but she was torn up about her own.

1 hour ago, section314 said:

It would probably be too easy to disprove. Their husband's are best friends after all.

Lena Headey is so ******* good by the way. The acting is generally great in this show (Emilia Clarke the notable exception) but she stands out every time. 

17 hours ago, victorjets said:

Tyrion is probably worried about the succession. He challenged Dannerys earlier about how can they "break the wheel", he even mentioned some sort of democracy. If they conceive a child, the wheel is more likely to keep spinning...

I guess but nobody thinks she can give birth at this point.

6 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I genuinely think Tyrion may turn on Dany/Jon. He's too big a character not to have a bigger role in the end game than being a very poor advisor to Dany.  Him mentioning the obvious plot device of Cersei's pregnancy and Tyrion questioning Dany's succession plans could be his motivation. He may never support Cersei on the throne but I could see him supporting Jaime's son - A trueborn (albeit incestous one) Lannister to rule the 7 kingdoms. They played up his sub-conscious support for his family all season, especially during the field of fire episode. Tyrion is Tywin's son after all. It would be something I'd love to see but I think I'm giving D&D too much credit and the look was probably nothing, maybe Jorah's actor was busy.

The Hound was talking about the BOWL that was promised. Cleganebowl ******* confirmed for season 8. 

They should have enough to wrap it up - They've absolutely blitzed through Season 7 which I didn't like at times but can see why it's necessary. There's still some horrendous writing at times but they payoff generally allows for it. Every episode will be like a movie from now on. 

What bothered me is Jon's name being Aegon. No mention that his brother was also called Aegon? 

It's not like he supported the first of Jamie's sons...but I see you point.  He does have a soft side for his nieces and nephews.  I can't imagine him turning on her now, especially with Jamie leaving Cersi and you assume sharing the info that she was bluffing and used Tyrion to orchestrate her master plan.

Looking forward to the Cleganbowl for sure.

I don't think Jamie is the most intriguing.  I think that honor goes to Bran or Arya.  Arya not so much intriguing but just a bad ass but Bran is way out there.  He's the most powerful person in the world and how he uses that power I think is the most important part of the whole story.  That said, Jamie's character development has been some of the best in the history of TV.  To go from probably the most hated to one of the most loved and how it happened, has been so fun to watch.  

This season felt a little rushed, I can't imagine what 6 episodes are going to look like....are they longer in duration?

5 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

My guess is the white walkers get taken out in one fell swoop with Aeron Targarean (Jon Snow) taking out the Night King which kills every white walker extinguishing the entire army, and ending the war (this was already eluded to in the suicide squad episode by the one eyed dude).

I think that fact plays a huge factor, for sure.  

I see this as a possible huge divide if Jon wants to stake his claim to the Throne, and Danys doesn't want to give up her claim, both the unsullied, and dathrakies (spelling?) don't give a **** about who has the proper claim, and would follow Dany's, OR they don't give a **** about the incest as that was a normal thing through out the Targarean family history from what I've heard, and decide to rule together which would make the most sense with just 6 episodes left.

I have a feeling Jon won't take it.

Yeah considering there is another Continent full of people that the army can't get to except maybe the NK on a Dragon the walkers winning don't make sense, and the fact that the Head Meister told Tulley this isn't the first time the walkers have come, and every time the living beat them back seems to go against the Walkers prevailing.

Did he say this isn't the first time?  I thought Sam was trying to convince them it was true.  I thought he was saying the Wall has protected them this long and it will continue to protect them.  I thought the reason he left was because the were being stubborn and mocking him.

4 hours ago, section314 said:

The King/Queen Slayer!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Half brother. And if Rhaegar married Lyanna and was planning on having his child with her be his heir, then it makes sense he would name him after the most famous and powerful Targaryen. Or Egg. LOL.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, JiF said:

It's not like he supported the first of Jamie's sons...but I see you point.  He does have a soft side for his nieces and nephews.  I can't imagine him turning on her now, especially with Jamie leaving Cersi and you assume sharing the info that she was bluffing and used Tyrion to orchestrate her master plan.

Looking forward to the Cleganbowl for sure.

I don't think Jamie is the most intriguing.  I think that honor goes to Bran or Arya.  Arya not so much intriguing but just a bad ass but Bran is way out there.  He's the most powerful person in the world and how he uses that power I think is the most important part of the whole story.  That said, Jamie's character development has been some of the best in the history of TV.  To go from probably the most hated to one of the most loved and how it happened, has been so fun to watch.  

This season felt a little rushed, I can't imagine what 6 episodes are going to look like....are they longer in duration?

He technically did - Served as his hand and was the reason Joffrey kept his crown at the Blackwater. If Joffrey wasn't such a **** he'd likely still be on Team Lannister. Maybe not, it would be tough for the show runners to pull off but I Tyrion has to do something hugely significant in the end game. He's too big a character to just be a bit part player, which he really has been since Season 4.

Get hype.

I know it's an unpopular opinion but I genuinely despise Arya. Worst character on the show by a lot IMO. Was my favourite character through season 4 but she's now less believable than the zombie dragon. Jaime is my boy - I think the Starks will want him killed or imprisoned for his past crimes when he arrives North only for Bran to actually defend him, ironically. He knows why he killed Aerys, the only other character who does is Brienne, he'll know he tried to keep his vow to Catelyn as well. Hopefully he can forgive the whole spine snapping thing. 

I think each of them are going to be huge. I really hope the Walkers aren't just defeated in the first few episodes. They really have to be the end game, not Cersei. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Army of the Dead is a metaphor for--wait for it--creeping mortality. If Martin plays this out to the end, the Night King wins because no one beats death. 

4 hours ago, JiF said:

I have a feeling Jon won't take it.

What TS said is the reason Jon HAS to die. Whatever the result IMO - You don't pull that revival sh*t and get the happy ending. There's been virtually no consequence to this point.