GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

On 8/30/2017 at 1:30 PM, JiF said:

This season felt a little rushed, I can't imagine what 6 episodes are going to look like....are they longer in duration?

I believe I heard they will all be in the 90 minutes range and the last ep 2 hours? 

But it is believed they will all be the longest episodes in the series, with the final basically being a full length movie. Not certain but that is sure what it sounded like from many sources 

On 8/25/2017 at 4:56 PM, T0mShane said:

I just watched the episode and I had some issues with it. Thrones does a lot of mirroring, and it's what we got here with the dragon wiping out a bunch of chaff and a major character going into the water as in a baptism, from whence they emerge with some humility. Problem is, the dragons v white walkers was something being set up for years at this point, and it ended up feeling like a recycled visual because we just saw the same effect two weeks ago. If they did this as a narrative choice (employing dragon rage as a precursor to Jamie and Jon Snow having a baptismal awakening), it better pay off huge or it'll have been a waste. 

One of the pitfalls with moving beyond the books is that Benioff, etc might lose patience for, and interest in, some of the more clever plot elements from the books. Consider the discipline it took to carry out the Hodor/Hold The Door storyline, for instance. Is that kind of stuff going to fall off as we move forward, with no one beholden to any text? While this season has been pretty good, it doesn't feel as clever(?) as past seasons. Instead, it feels like Lord of the Rings. Could just be that I'm spoiled by previous seasons.

I hate to say it bro but I don't think you are far off at all as far as D&D and the mirroring, lack of cleverness (and flat out balls of steel) that took it above anything seen on tv and pushed the envelope, and I don't think it's a product of feeling spoiled. There has been a very real shift in overall... (philosophy?? what's the damn word O'm looking for)... direction or whatever. It's really almost a different thing now. They are, from what we know, clearly out of that fanfackintastic dialogue and masterfully intertwined situations etc, and have employed a mix of cliche Hollywood gutless moves and plot armor that doesn't jive at all with the full picture that's made it so special... They are also veering off of what the actual CHARACTER may do/act in many ways and instead, taking other liberties (changing fundamental psychologies that have been developed) in order to simply showcase the actors' acting chops... This is why you see so many long stares lately and very little dialogue... which ironically, may kind of help them since they CLEARLY have no imagination or talent to follow up GRRM and the way he had these characters speak, act, etc. D&D literally elude to this in post show extras... it's bizarre and kind of sad. I could go into this at serious length but I'd rather just hit you with a youtube link of someone who broke all this sh*t down and REALLY goes into detail and it really opened my eyes to a lot of things, but left me feeling like these guys are just some mindless trustafarian chodes who have their favorite pet actors and have shifted gears to try and show off how great they can make an emotional face.. or an angry glare... at the expense of where the story would actually be going. Apparently there was supposed to be a COMPLETELY different ending to Battle Of THe Bastards for instance... The director spoke about it... Such a damn shame they (D&D) basically ruined the hell out of it for the most ridiculous of reasons, all equating to, they are a couple of filthy rich douches who have no idea how things actually WORK on a set or in general. Ugh. Basically it bummed me out but I wasn't surprised... I could always tell they seem like total pretentious douches with too much money and no common sense about the real world. Basically, they RUINED Dorne because they liked the actress who Played Elaria and wanted her to be in a real palace instead of a set... to help her feel immersed to bring out her anger... and in doing so, being warned by every expert that what they wanted to do was impossible with the alotted time, ignored them... And absolutely BUTCHERED Dorne.  One of many examples. 

Having said that, I loved the hell out of the season and they still got me hyped AF. I thought the final one was kick ass and enjoyed most all of the season minus that stupid ass greyworm wast of valuable time to appease some social BS... ugh. But I'm sure the last season is going to be epic. Just glad those 2 are only gonna be involved with 6 more eps. 

They will not be involved with any of the spinoffs which is music to my ears. I don't wanna call them hacks.... but... eh... ya know 

• Upvote 1

On 8/28/2017 at 10:33 AM, chirorob said:

It's not as clever as previous seasons, but I look at it as this is the 3rd act of a movie.

The characters are developed.  All the pieces are out there, now its just the climatic battles finishing things off.  I thought this season was really good, I don't know why they said it had to be 7 episodes, there was more than enough to do at least 8, and probably 9-10, just add in a little dialogue

Budget. There's so much CGI now... I wish they had just made them all longer at least... They kinda did, but I mean... 5 and 6 min longer, really? (besides the last one or 2 of course) 

6 hours ago, Hitman Harris said:

I hate to say it bro but I don't think you are far off at all as far as D&D and the mirroring, lack of cleverness (and flat out balls of steel) that took it above anything seen on tv and pushed the envelope, and I don't think it's a product of feeling spoiled. There has been a very real shift in overall... (philosophy?? what's the damn word O'm looking for)... direction or whatever. It's really almost a different thing now. They are, from what we know, clearly out of that fanfackintastic dialogue and masterfully intertwined situations etc, and have employed a mix of cliche Hollywood gutless moves and plot armor that doesn't jive at all with the full picture that's made it so special... They are also veering off of what the actual CHARACTER may do/act in many ways and instead, taking other liberties (changing fundamental psychologies that have been developed) in order to simply showcase the actors' acting chops... This is why you see so many long stares lately and very little dialogue... which ironically, may kind of help them since they CLEARLY have no imagination or talent to follow up GRRM and the way he had these characters speak, act, etc. D&D literally elude to this in post show extras... it's bizarre and kind of sad. I could go into this at serious length but I'd rather just hit you with a youtube link of someone who broke all this sh*t down and REALLY goes into detail and it really opened my eyes to a lot of things, but left me feeling like these guys are just some mindless trustafarian chodes who have their favorite pet actors and have shifted gears to try and show off how great they can make an emotional face.. or an angry glare... at the expense of where the story would actually be going. Apparently there was supposed to be a COMPLETELY different ending to Battle Of THe Bastards for instance... The director spoke about it... Such a damn shame they (D&D) basically ruined the hell out of it for the most ridiculous of reasons, all equating to, they are a couple of filthy rich douches who have no idea how things actually WORK on a set or in general. Ugh. Basically it bummed me out but I wasn't surprised... I could always tell they seem like total pretentious douches with too much money and no common sense about the real world. Basically, they RUINED Dorne because they liked the actress who Played Elaria and wanted her to be in a real palace instead of a set... to help her feel immersed to bring out her anger... and in doing so, being warned by every expert that what they wanted to do was impossible with the alotted time, ignored them... And absolutely BUTCHERED Dorne.  One of many examples. 

Having said that, I loved the hell out of the season and they still got me hyped AF. I thought the final one was kick ass and enjoyed most all of the season minus that stupid ass greyworm wast of valuable time to appease some social BS... ugh. But I'm sure the last season is going to be epic. Just glad those 2 are only gonna be involved with 6 more eps. 

They will not be involved with any of the spinoffs which is music to my ears. I don't wanna call them hacks.... but... eh... ya know 

Great post, but hard to read.

Cause.... Bamn!

But I totally agree.   No one can write GoT like GRRM, and the further they go beyond him, the more nuance is out.   It's still amazing, but different now.   The subtle characters are out, Littlefinger, Varys, and as you said, Tyrion has been marginalized.

• Upvote 1

I think this all ends the only way it possibly could.

Jon, Dany, Tyrion, and Jamie are sitting in a diner, eating onion rings, making time... Cersie walks by, lingering perhaps a moment too long... Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" can be heard.

In walks the Night King.  We see Jon look up.

The show cuts to black.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I think this all ends the only way it possibly could.

Jon, Dany, Tyrion, and Jamie are sitting in a diner, eating onion rings, making time... Cersie walks by, lingering perhaps a moment too long... Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" can be heard.

In walks the Night King.  We see Jon look up.

The show cuts to black.

Don't forget Bran showing up outside, parking his wheelchair.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So that sucked.  What a let down.  Even all the scenes of people reuniting.  What a bore.  Left so much to be desired.  I mean, this was kind of to be expected.  When you make people wait 2 years to have another episode there is no way you were going to live up the hype expectations but for a show to have such little significance, it is just is keeping this flow of things are moving way too fast.  How are they going to tie this all up with only 5 episodes left?  

Euron Greyjoy might be the worst character in the history of any TV show.  He's terrible.  Not only is he a terrible actor his whole schtick is just boring and to mix him with the most sinister character of all of Westeros is just a shame!  

Dany being such a terrible actress really blew what could have been an epic scene telling Samwell that she torched his family.  She literally has no depth as an actress.  

I'm not going to go hard to into complaining, I'm still hooked as to what happens but man, the last few shows have left a lot to be desired. 

Tyrion making "I have ball" jokes was good.

Jaime showing up and being stared down by Bran was good.  

Khaleesi having to admit to Sam that she killed his father and brother was really good.  

Sansa telling Tyrion "I thought you were the cleverest man I ever met" was also a good scene.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, JiF said:

So that sucked.  What a let down.  Even all the scenes of people reuniting.  What a bore.  Left so much to be desired.  I mean, this was kind of to be expected.  When you make people wait 2 years to have another episode there is no way you were going to live up the hype expectations but for a show to have such little significance, it is just is keeping this flow of things are moving way too fast.  How are they going to tie this all up with only 5 episodes left?  

Euron Greyjoy might be the worst character in the history of any TV show.  He's terrible.  Not only is he a terrible actor his whole schtick is just boring and to mix him with the most sinister character of all of Westeros is just a shame!  

Dany being such a terrible actress really blew what could have been an epic scene telling Samwell that she torched his family.  She literally has no depth as an actress.  

I'm not going to go hard to into complaining, I'm still hooked as to what happens but man, the last few shows have left a lot to be desired. 

Having the last 4 episodes be 80ish minutes each allowed them to do one final table-setting episode. Plus, after two years, I kinda expected last night's episode to be slower. What upsets me is that the final 5 episodes are going to feel very rushed. You can already tell that the things that made this show great are going to be traded in for scenes where there is a resolution. Exhibit A: Theon's story from jumping off the boat a coward to saving Yara. There was so much much that had to go on off-camera in order to make that leap, but it was all forsaken to get to the resolution.

That said, maybe my expectation allowed me to at least enjoy some parts of last night's episode. Euron, however, is god awful.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Tyrion making "I have ball" jokes was good.

Jaime showing up and being stared down by Bran was good.  

Khaleesi having to admit to Sam that she killed his father and brother was really good.  

Sansa telling Tyrion "I thought you were the cleverest man I ever met" was also a good scene.

Yep, posted this in the other thread, but really enjoyed:

Really enjoyed Sam's scenes. The guy is a very good actor.
The entire Tormund scene was fun.
Bronn: “that ******* family!”
Tyrion: “because I have balls” 

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

Yep, posted this in the other thread, but really enjoyed:

Really enjoyed Sam's scenes. The guy is a very good actor.
The entire Tormund scene was fun.
Bronn: “that ******* family!”
Tyrion: “because I have balls” 

"He has blue eyes!!'

"I've always had blue eyes!!"

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Having the last 4 episodes be 80ish minutes each allowed them to do one final table-setting episode. Plus, after two years, I kinda expected last night's episode to be slower. What upsets me is that the final 5 episodes are going to feel very rushed. You can already tell that the things that made this show great are going to be traded in for scenes where there is a resolution. Exhibit A: Theon's story from jumping off the boat a coward to saving Yara. There was so much much that had to go on off-camera in order to make that leap, but it was all forsaken to get to the resolution.

That said, maybe my expectation allowed me to at least enjoy some parts of last night's episode. Euron, however, is god awful.

For sure, I expected a set up episode and honestly have no problem with it.  I just feel like there was some wasted air time with unnecessary scenes that doesnt really move the plot and it's become a theme over the past few seasons.  Whereas, there are some significant plot lines that arent moving that I'd like some closure on and to do it over only 5 more episodes, you cant help but to feel it's rushed.  I also think that fact there is like, zero urgency going on right now is bizarre.  They know the Night King just destroyed the wall, they turned a Dragon and everyone was like, cool, I got sh*t to do...like taking a leisurely ride on some dragons for 15 minutes.

Ironically, I think the scene where Theon talked to Snow at Dragonstone and then took an ass beating in front of his men on the beach only to overcome the ass beating to take that dude out was leap you're looking for and one of the few storylines they've brought full circle...but now what?  Theon goes back to Winterfell and Yara goes into hiding?  

Here are my takeaways of significance:

- Arya asking Gendry to make her a weapon.

- Winterfell, Sam included, not being down with Dany

- Cersi not getting what was promised from the Golden Army or whatever

- Sansa telling Tyrion he's a fool for believing Cersi

- Bronn being ordered to kill the Lannisters that made him relevant

- Bran waiting for Jamie in the place of the event that started this whole thing

That's it.  The rest was wasted air time. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

For sure, I expected a set up episode and honestly have no problem with it.  I just feel like there was some wasted air time with unnecessary scenes that doesnt really move the plot and it's become a theme over the past few seasons.  Whereas, there are some significant plot lines that arent moving that I'd like some closure on and to do it over only 5 more episodes, you cant help but to feel it's rushed.  I also think that fact there is like, zero urgency going on right now is bizarre.  They know the Night King just destroyed the wall, they turned a Dragon and everyone was like, cool, I got sh*t to do...like taking a leisurely ride on some dragons for 15 minutes.

Ironically, I think the scene where Theon talked to Snow at Dragonstone and then took an ass beating in front of his men on the beach only to overcome the ass beating to take that dude out was leap you're looking for and one of the few storylines they've brought full circle...but now what?  Theon goes back to Winterfell and Yara goes into hiding?  

Here are my takeaways of significance:

- Arya asking Gendry to make her a weapon.

- Winterfell, Sam included, not being down with Dany

- Cersi not getting what was promised from the Golden Army or whatever

- Sansa telling Tyrion he's a fool for believing Cersi

- Bronn being ordered to kill the Lannisters that made him relevant

- Bran waiting for Jamie in the place of the event that started this whole thing

That's it.  The rest was wasted air time. 

Yeah, there's zero chance Bronn kills Jamie or Tyrion and that goes back to one of my concerns about the direction of the show: if Martin is writing it, he'd be aware that Bronn was never going to do it so this would be part of an elaborate setup by Cersei to move some chess pieces around. As is, I'm not so sure that this doesn't end up in a lame Bronn v Jamie thing that should never happen. Cersei is diminished, broke, and she has no loyalists of any significance. The blue monster guy is there solely to fight with the Hound eventually, and the creep maister is meh. That whole setup just isn't working as a counter to the coalition in Winterfell. It's all got a very wishy-washy Lord of the Rings feel to it where we end up with random armies showing up to battle faceless, generic bad guys, which is going to be disappointing. They've gotten away from the plot being character-driven and now it's just all CGI masturbation.  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, there's zero chance Bronn kills Jamie or Tyrion and that goes back to one of my concerns about the direction of the show: if Martin is writing it, he'd be aware that Bronn was never going to do it so this would be part of an elaborate setup by Cersei to move some chess pieces around. As is, I'm not so sure that this doesn't end up in a lame Bronn v Jamie thing that should never happen. Cersei is diminished, broke, and she has no loyalists of any significance. The blue monster guy is there solely to fight with the Hound eventually, and the creep maister is meh. That whole setup just isn't working as a counter to the coalition in Winterfell. It's all got a very wishy-washy Lord of the Rings feel to it where we end up with random armies showing up to battle faceless, generic bad guys, which is going to be disappointing. They've gotten away from the plot being character-driven and now it's just all CGI masturbation.  

Agreed and here's my other rub; Cersi no way, no how, sleeps with Euron Greyjoy.  Less than a 0% chance.  And to agree to sleeping with him in front of all her "team" for the lack of a better term, was ridiculous.  She would have dropped the Mic on "earn it" and that would have been that.  She would have been more inclined to sleep with the Knight from the Golden Army.  So stupid.  Everything involving Euron has been utterly terrible but that particular scene was just the dumbest sh*t they've ever done.

It's funny you bring up Lord of the Rings.  I hated those movies with a passion.  This genre in general doesnt connect with me.  It's why it took me so long to start watching this show...but what was refreshing once I did tune in, was how this started off to be all about the characters, their sub plots and the dialogue and less about wizardry bull sh*t.  Then it slowly started to shift, and now, we basically had the love scene from Tombstone where they go off on horses to a remote stream and talk love and life but instead, we had dragons and icey waterfalls.

Another thing that pissed me off last night; Arya and The Hound were one of the coolest duo's and stories of this entire show.  Their reunion?  5 seconds.  You left me for dead, bitch.  Bye.  WTF???  So dumb.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the CGI fiesta is definitely weird.  In truth, their CGI quality has actually been pretty poor since day one, as it's clearly not something they bother to put much of a budget into.  In truth, that has always been just fine because it's there as a slight complement, and everything is supposed to be about the story / characters, not the other stuff.  It goes right along with the fact that none of the battles actually ever show up in the books, other than simply being referenced by others after they happened.  Sure, they have meaning, but were never supposed to be the focus of anything.

The show was pretty true to that concept in its early seasons, but the issue is that they continue to get further away from that.  The dragon riding scene definitely got a serious eye-roll out of me.  It's been pretty crystal clear for years now the difference between what Martin comes up with, and what HBO decides to do itself.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate the episode and it was actually what I expected for the first episode to be, mostly a setup of what was to come.  I'm sure I'll enjoy the season regardless, but the story-telling has definitely become far less loyal to the structure of the books, as with books not yet existing for this part of the story, HBO is instead taking their own creative license and grasping for as much action as possible to finish it all off.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

Agreed and here's my other rub; Cersi no way, no how, sleeps with Euron Greyjoy.  Less than a 0% chance.  And to agree to sleeping with him in front of all her "team" for the lack of a better term, was ridiculous.  She would have dropped the Mic on "earn it" and that would have been that.  She would have been more inclined to sleep with the Knight from the Golden Army.  So stupid.  Everything involving Euron has been utterly terrible but that particular scene was just the dumbest sh*t they've ever done.

Yeah, that was definitely strange and doesn't really fit in with, well... anything.  The only guess I'm making in my own head in any way to justify this is if Cersei plans to credit Euron as the baby-daddy instead of Jaime.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

It's funny you bring up Lord of the Rings.  I hated those movies with a passion.  This genre in general doesnt connect with me.  It's why it took me so long to start watching this show...but what was refreshing once I did tune in, was how this started off to be all about the characters, their sub plots and the dialogue and less about wizardry bull sh*t.  Then it slowly started to shift, and now, we basically had the love scene from Tombstone where they go off on horses to a remote stream and talk love and life but instead, we had dragons and icey waterfalls.

Another thing that pissed me off last night; Arya and The Hound were one of the coolest duo's and stories of this entire show.  Their reunion?  5 seconds.  You left me for dead, bitch.  Bye.  WTF???  So dumb.

You know what was annoying last night? The lingering camera shots of Jon and Danaerys, who have zero chemistry. Especially in the context of the White Walkers bearing down on them and they’re just kinda staring at each other while everyone else is working. Who’s writing this sh*t? Nora Ephron? And also annoying, and you often see this with movies that go into a third film, is when an established character walks onto the screen for the first time, the director frames them dead-on and gives a little pause like the audience needs time to applaud or some sh*t. It kept happening last night and it felt so self-satisfied, which was gross. That whole caravan bit through Winterfell where all the main characters came through on horses was pure cheese and it felt like watching the first five minutes of The Love Boat. 

Gaming out the Euron grossness: what was suspicious was how easily Theon just kinda walked onto the boat to save Yara, and then they just grabbed a few ships and floated off from the fleet no problem? And they did this while Euron was boning Cersei? PERHAPS, Cersei is setting Euron up for some treachery that we don’t see yet. Remember that line about him being the most arrogant man ever and that she liked it? Could be that she likes his arrogance because it makes him dumb as a rock and she’s just gonna steal the iron fleet and the golden army. The golden army bro looks like a young Jamie, to boot. Either way, I hope somebody stabs the sh*t out of Euron in the next episode but you get the feeling they’re saving that for Theon

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, that was definitely strange and doesn't really fit in with, well... anything.  The only guess I'm making in my own head in any way to justify this is if Cersei plans to credit Euron as the baby-daddy instead of Jaime.

Right but even that doesnt fit.  A Lannister and Greyjoy child?  I mean, I know she's doesnt have a lot of allies these days but for someone so concerned about their name stake and legacy, making babies with Euron Greyjoy doesnt seem to be the recipe to success. 

Also, did you pick up on that she had wine in this episode?  So maybe there isnt a baby after all, which would then make that whole scene even more weird. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You know what was annoying last night? The lingering camera shots of Jon and Danaerys, who have zero chemistry. Especially in the context of the White Walkers bearing down on them and they’re just kinda staring at each other while everyone else is working. Who’s writing this sh*t? Nora Ephron? And also annoying, and you often see this with movies that go into a third film, is when an established character walks onto the screen for the first time, the director frames them dead-on and gives a little pause like the audience needs time to applaud or some sh*t. It kept happening last night and it felt so self-satisfied, which was gross. That whole caravan bit through Winterfell where all the main characters came through on horses was pure cheese and it felt like watching the first five minutes of The Love Boat. 

Gaming out the Euron grossness: what was suspicious was how easily Theon just kinda walked onto the boat to save Yara, and then they just grabbed a few ships and floated off from the fleet no problem? And they did this while Euron was boning Cersei? PERHAPS, Cersei is setting Euron up for some treachery that we don’t see yet. Remember that line about him being the most arrogant man ever and that she liked it? Could be that she likes his arrogance because it makes him dumb as a rock and she’s just gonna steal the iron fleet and the golden army. The golden army bro looks like a young Jamie, to boot. Either way, I hope somebody stabs the sh*t out of Euron in the next episode but you get the feeling they’re saving that for Theon

Yes, the long stares are getting old.  The Dany face kills me.

Good thought on Euron.  The only way to make it remotely worth his time on the show is to see Theon kill him.

48 minutes ago, JiF said:

Right but even that doesnt fit.  A Lannister and Greyjoy child?  I mean, I know she's doesnt have a lot of allies these days but for someone so concerned about their name stake and legacy, making babies with Euron Greyjoy doesnt seem to be the recipe to success. 

Also, did you pick up on that she had wine in this episode?  So maybe there isnt a baby after all, which would then make that whole scene even more weird. 

Oh, I don't think that would make much sense, but the best I could come up with.  Has more to do with my lack of faith in parts written by HBO as opposed to Martin, which I would bet this very much falls into that category.

As far as the wine goes, as soon as I saw that my immediate comment was "oh good, a drinking mother carrying an incestuous child... this should go well."  Considering the entire back story of how awful the little incest babies have been for Westeros, I feel fully confident there are still a few more of them on the way.

• Haha 2

Sam reacting to the execution of his family was excellent.

Bran waiting for Jaime was good. 

Tormund is always awesome, I could watch an entire season of Beric, Tormund, etc. adventuring. 

Jon just jumping on like nothing and going for a "Pearl Harbor"-esque love flight was the gayest way to get him on a Dragon. Should have been an epic.moment, and Rhaegal should have chosen HIM. Whatever. Its still GOT...

not my fav episode, but still enjoyable. jon and arya reuniting made me happy. bran saying hes waiting for an old friend who turns out to be jamie was great.  euron sucks. also did not like the fact that jon just hops on the dragon and knows how to control it. i understand hes a targeeran and they have the ability but he rode that thing like hes been driving dragons forever.  someone one Reddit did point out that there are a lot of parallels to the pilot.  i wont post it all here but im sure you can find it on gooogle if you are intrested.  hoping the next ones are better. if bronn somehow actually goes through with trying to kill the lannister bros i will be pissed. hes prolly my favortie character and that would make no sense

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I like how they all decided to stop fighting and be superfriends at winterfell and spend half the episode playing grabass while the world is literally ending. Because that makes for a real good ******* show.

"We don't have time for this....."

-Three eyed raven

On 4/15/2019 at 1:35 PM, RedBeardedSavage said:

Anyone notice that stare down that Bran gave Tyrion after T spoke with Sansa? 

WTF is that about? Is Tyrion hiding something? 

Maybe...Tyrion is the bastard son of Aerys and Tywin’s wife, making him Jon’s uncle and Danny’s brother. The true heir. 

Or, he looks at everyone like that.

Agree 100000% with @JiF about Greyjoy. Was telling my wife he is the Negan of this show right now. Awful, cartoonish acting and storyline is non-sensical in context of established characters.