prime21

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

5 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Yeah considering there is another Continent full of people that the army can't get to except maybe the NK on a Dragon the walkers winning don't make sense, and the fact that the Head Meister told Tulley this isn't the first time the walkers have come, and every time the living beat them back seems to go against the Walkers prevailing.

Did he say this isn't the first time?  I thought Sam was trying to convince them it was true.  I thought he was saying the Wall has protected them this long and it will continue to protect them.  I thought the reason he left was because the were being stubborn and mocking him.

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
4 hours ago, section314 said:

Don't forget the prophecy that the Witch in the forest gave to Cersei when she was a young girl.  1)  She will have 3 children, all of whom will die. Check   2) She will be replaced by a younger, more beautiful woman. Sansa or Dany?  3) She will be killed by a younger sibling. Remember, Jaime stated a throw away line in an episode in season 6, when He said that Cersei was born a few minutes before him.  

The King/Queen Slayer!!!!!!

8 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I genuinely think Tyrion may turn on Dany/Jon. He's too big a character not to have a bigger role in the end game than being a very poor advisor to Dany.  Him mentioning the obvious plot device of Cersei's pregnancy and Tyrion questioning Dany's succession plans could be his motivation. He may never support Cersei on the throne but I could see him supporting Jaime's son - A trueborn (albeit incestous one) Lannister to rule the 7 kingdoms. They played up his sub-conscious support for his family all season, especially during the field of fire episode. Tyrion is Tywin's son after all. It would be something I'd love to see but I think I'm giving D&D too much credit and the look was probably nothing, maybe Jorah's actor was busy.

The Hound was talking about the BOWL that was promised. Cleganebowl ******* confirmed for season 8. 

Jaime is most intriguing character in the show right now. Love that they finally cut him loose from Cersei, the symbolism of him in black, covering up the gold hand to go North to save the world. Awesome. Will be very interesting how the Starks receive him, Bran especially. 

They should have enough to wrap it up - They've absolutely blitzed through Season 7 which I didn't like at times but can see why it's necessary. There's still some horrendous writing at times but they payoff generally allows for it. Every episode will be like a movie from now on. 

What bothered me is Jon's name being Aegon. No mention that his brother was also called Aegon? 

Half brother. And if Rhaegar married Lyanna and was planning on having his child with her be his heir, then it makes sense he would name him after the most famous and powerful Targaryen. Or Egg. LOL.

4 hours ago, JiF said:

It's not like he supported the first of Jamie's sons...but I see you point.  He does have a soft side for his nieces and nephews.  I can't imagine him turning on her now, especially with Jamie leaving Cersi and you assume sharing the info that she was bluffing and used Tyrion to orchestrate her master plan.

Looking forward to the Cleganbowl for sure.

I don't think Jamie is the most intriguing.  I think that honor goes to Bran or Arya.  Arya not so much intriguing but just a bad ass but Bran is way out there.  He's the most powerful person in the world and how he uses that power I think is the most important part of the whole story.  That said, Jamie's character development has been some of the best in the history of TV.  To go from probably the most hated to one of the most loved and how it happened, has been so fun to watch.  

This season felt a little rushed, I can't imagine what 6 episodes are going to look like....are they longer in duration?

He technically did - Served as his hand and was the reason Joffrey kept his crown at the Blackwater. If Joffrey wasn't such a **** he'd likely still be on Team Lannister. Maybe not, it would be tough for the show runners to pull off but I Tyrion has to do something hugely significant in the end game. He's too big a character to just be a bit part player, which he really has been since Season 4.

Get hype.

I know it's an unpopular opinion but I genuinely despise Arya. Worst character on the show by a lot IMO. Was my favourite character through season 4 but she's now less believable than the zombie dragon. Jaime is my boy - I think the Starks will want him killed or imprisoned for his past crimes when he arrives North only for Bran to actually defend him, ironically. He knows why he killed Aerys, the only other character who does is Brienne, he'll know he tried to keep his vow to Catelyn as well. Hopefully he can forgive the whole spine snapping thing. 

I think each of them are going to be huge. I really hope the Walkers aren't just defeated in the first few episodes. They really have to be the end game, not Cersei. 

21 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Army of the Dead is a metaphor for--wait for it--creeping mortality. If Martin plays this out to the end, the Night King wins because no one beats death. 

4 hours ago, JiF said:

I have a feeling Jon won't take it.

What TS said is the reason Jon HAS to die. Whatever the result IMO - You don't pull that revival sh*t and get the happy ending. There's been virtually no consequence to this point. 

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

What TS said is the reason Jon HAS to die. Whatever the result IMO - You don't pull that revival sh*t and get the happy ending. There's been virtually no consequence to this point. 

Being alive to accidentally shtup your aunt strikes me as a consequence.

On 8/30/2017 at 1:30 PM, JiF said:

This season felt a little rushed, I can't imagine what 6 episodes are going to look like....are they longer in duration?

I believe I heard they will all be in the 90 minutes range and the last ep 2 hours? 

But it is believed they will all be the longest episodes in the series, with the final basically being a full length movie. Not certain but that is sure what it sounded like from many sources 

On 8/25/2017 at 4:56 PM, T0mShane said:

I just watched the episode and I had some issues with it. Thrones does a lot of mirroring, and it's what we got here with the dragon wiping out a bunch of chaff and a major character going into the water as in a baptism, from whence they emerge with some humility. Problem is, the dragons v white walkers was something being set up for years at this point, and it ended up feeling like a recycled visual because we just saw the same effect two weeks ago. If they did this as a narrative choice (employing dragon rage as a precursor to Jamie and Jon Snow having a baptismal awakening), it better pay off huge or it'll have been a waste. 

One of the pitfalls with moving beyond the books is that Benioff, etc might lose patience for, and interest in, some of the more clever plot elements from the books. Consider the discipline it took to carry out the Hodor/Hold The Door storyline, for instance. Is that kind of stuff going to fall off as we move forward, with no one beholden to any text? While this season has been pretty good, it doesn't feel as clever(?) as past seasons. Instead, it feels like Lord of the Rings. Could just be that I'm spoiled by previous seasons.

I hate to say it bro but I don't think you are far off at all as far as D&D and the mirroring, lack of cleverness (and flat out balls of steel) that took it above anything seen on tv and pushed the envelope, and I don't think it's a product of feeling spoiled. There has been a very real shift in overall... (philosophy?? what's the damn word O'm looking for)... direction or whatever. It's really almost a different thing now. They are, from what we know, clearly out of that fanfackintastic dialogue and masterfully intertwined situations etc, and have employed a mix of cliche Hollywood gutless moves and plot armor that doesn't jive at all with the full picture that's made it so special... They are also veering off of what the actual CHARACTER may do/act in many ways and instead, taking other liberties (changing fundamental psychologies that have been developed) in order to simply showcase the actors' acting chops... This is why you see so many long stares lately and very little dialogue... which ironically, may kind of help them since they CLEARLY have no imagination or talent to follow up GRRM and the way he had these characters speak, act, etc. D&D literally elude to this in post show extras... it's bizarre and kind of sad. I could go into this at serious length but I'd rather just hit you with a youtube link of someone who broke all this sh*t down and REALLY goes into detail and it really opened my eyes to a lot of things, but left me feeling like these guys are just some mindless trustafarian chodes who have their favorite pet actors and have shifted gears to try and show off how great they can make an emotional face.. or an angry glare... at the expense of where the story would actually be going. Apparently there was supposed to be a COMPLETELY different ending to Battle Of THe Bastards for instance... The director spoke about it... Such a damn shame they (D&D) basically ruined the hell out of it for the most ridiculous of reasons, all equating to, they are a couple of filthy rich douches who have no idea how things actually WORK on a set or in general. Ugh. Basically it bummed me out but I wasn't surprised... I could always tell they seem like total pretentious douches with too much money and no common sense about the real world. Basically, they RUINED Dorne because they liked the actress who Played Elaria and wanted her to be in a real palace instead of a set... to help her feel immersed to bring out her anger... and in doing so, being warned by every expert that what they wanted to do was impossible with the alotted time, ignored them... And absolutely BUTCHERED Dorne.  One of many examples. 

Having said that, I loved the hell out of the season and they still got me hyped AF. I thought the final one was kick ass and enjoyed most all of the season minus that stupid ass greyworm wast of valuable time to appease some social BS... ugh. But I'm sure the last season is going to be epic. Just glad those 2 are only gonna be involved with 6 more eps. 

They will not be involved with any of the spinoffs which is music to my ears. I don't wanna call them hacks.... but... eh... ya know 

On 8/28/2017 at 10:33 AM, chirorob said:

It's not as clever as previous seasons, but I look at it as this is the 3rd act of a movie.

The characters are developed.  All the pieces are out there, now its just the climatic battles finishing things off.  I thought this season was really good, I don't know why they said it had to be 7 episodes, there was more than enough to do at least 8, and probably 9-10, just add in a little dialogue

Budget. There's so much CGI now... I wish they had just made them all longer at least... They kinda did, but I mean... 5 and 6 min longer, really? (besides the last one or 2 of course) 

6 hours ago, Hitman Harris said:

I hate to say it bro but I don't think you are far off at all as far as D&D and the mirroring, lack of cleverness (and flat out balls of steel) that took it above anything seen on tv and pushed the envelope, and I don't think it's a product of feeling spoiled. There has been a very real shift in overall... (philosophy?? what's the damn word O'm looking for)... direction or whatever. It's really almost a different thing now. They are, from what we know, clearly out of that fanfackintastic dialogue and masterfully intertwined situations etc, and have employed a mix of cliche Hollywood gutless moves and plot armor that doesn't jive at all with the full picture that's made it so special... They are also veering off of what the actual CHARACTER may do/act in many ways and instead, taking other liberties (changing fundamental psychologies that have been developed) in order to simply showcase the actors' acting chops... This is why you see so many long stares lately and very little dialogue... which ironically, may kind of help them since they CLEARLY have no imagination or talent to follow up GRRM and the way he had these characters speak, act, etc. D&D literally elude to this in post show extras... it's bizarre and kind of sad. I could go into this at serious length but I'd rather just hit you with a youtube link of someone who broke all this sh*t down and REALLY goes into detail and it really opened my eyes to a lot of things, but left me feeling like these guys are just some mindless trustafarian chodes who have their favorite pet actors and have shifted gears to try and show off how great they can make an emotional face.. or an angry glare... at the expense of where the story would actually be going. Apparently there was supposed to be a COMPLETELY different ending to Battle Of THe Bastards for instance... The director spoke about it... Such a damn shame they (D&D) basically ruined the hell out of it for the most ridiculous of reasons, all equating to, they are a couple of filthy rich douches who have no idea how things actually WORK on a set or in general. Ugh. Basically it bummed me out but I wasn't surprised... I could always tell they seem like total pretentious douches with too much money and no common sense about the real world. Basically, they RUINED Dorne because they liked the actress who Played Elaria and wanted her to be in a real palace instead of a set... to help her feel immersed to bring out her anger... and in doing so, being warned by every expert that what they wanted to do was impossible with the alotted time, ignored them... And absolutely BUTCHERED Dorne.  One of many examples. 

Having said that, I loved the hell out of the season and they still got me hyped AF. I thought the final one was kick ass and enjoyed most all of the season minus that stupid ass greyworm wast of valuable time to appease some social BS... ugh. But I'm sure the last season is going to be epic. Just glad those 2 are only gonna be involved with 6 more eps. 

They will not be involved with any of the spinoffs which is music to my ears. I don't wanna call them hacks.... but... eh... ya know 

Great post, but hard to read.

Cause.... Bamn!

But I totally agree.   No one can write GoT like GRRM, and the further they go beyond him, the more nuance is out.   It's still amazing, but different now.   The subtle characters are out, Littlefinger, Varys, and as you said, Tyrion has been marginalized.

I think this all ends the only way it possibly could.

Jon, Dany, Tyrion, and Jamie are sitting in a diner, eating onion rings, making time... Cersie walks by, lingering perhaps a moment too long... Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" can be heard.

In walks the Night King.  We see Jon look up.

The show cuts to black.

17 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I think this all ends the only way it possibly could.

Jon, Dany, Tyrion, and Jamie are sitting in a diner, eating onion rings, making time... Cersie walks by, lingering perhaps a moment too long... Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" can be heard.

In walks the Night King.  We see Jon look up.

The show cuts to black.

Don't forget Bran showing up outside, parking his wheelchair.

1 hour ago, whodeawhodat said:

image.png

Well that will be pretty f'n intense.

At least gives some justification to what originally came across as an annoyingly short season to address a whole lot of unanswered questions.