GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What didn’t you like about it? I’m usually the grumpiest prick alive and I think that was one of the three or four best pieces of cinema I’ve ever watched 

Ridiculous plot armour to major characters. Just nonsensical that Sam’s just lying there stabbing people.

Wolverine flying in for the kill because she can. Absurd plot - Why was Bran even there? What was he doing? 

Literally the entire theme of the show being that the “game of thrones” is a distraction to the apocalyptic threat and yet, apparently not. 

Garbage. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Ridiculous plot armour to major characters. Just nonsensical that Sam’s just lying there stabbing people.

Wolverine flying in for the kill because she can. Absurd plot - Why was Bran even there? What was he doing? 

Literally the entire theme of the show being that the “game of thrones” is a distraction to the apocalyptic threat and yet, apparently not. 

Garbage. 

I will not even entertain these petty slights!

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What didn’t you like about it? I’m usually the grumpiest prick alive and I think that was one of the three or four best pieces of cinema I’ve ever watched 

Besides 80% of the episode not making logistical sense? Besides the darkness that made all of it impossible to distinguish? How many dragons are alive? How many times did characters with names die just show up dying again in another scene? The dragons conveniently disappearing.

10 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Besides 80% of the episode not making logistical sense? Besides the darkness that made all of it impossible to distinguish? How many dragons are alive? How many times did characters with names die just show up dying again in another scene? The dragons conveniently disappearing.

You’re not entitled to all the information. Kdels. This is the zombie apocalypse for gods sake 

13 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I love GoT because of the characters and their human arcs and the politicking. I’ve enjoyed most of the battle scenes because of how well they’ve been shot.

To be clear though, if the rumors are true for tonight’s episode and we are subjected to 80 mins of battle scenes, I worry that it will be akin to watching mac’s drafts over the last 5 years: I won’t be happy, but I’ll have to hope I’m wrong and that it turns out good.

The first 15 mins were awesome. The last 15 mins were awesome. All of the scenes with Arya or the Night King were awesome. The rest I could have done without, tbh - especially the scenes with Dany.

Evem still though, can’t complain too much. It was certainly a fun, chaotic, messy episode, which I guess was the whole point of it anyway. And that Arya ending was ? 

Can we ******* pause, for just a second, and stop this arguing to just have a moment of silence for Ser Jorah Mormont, Jorah the Andal, a Westerosi Knight and man of Honor who fought bravely and gave his life protecting his Queen!

Haven't been bummed out about a character death since Barristan Selmy. 

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Welcome to the Fog of War. First time? 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Oh cool I’ll just assume a bunch of cool sh*t happened until next Sunday. Oh guess what only 2 actual characters died.

Let me just put this out there: when the zombie apocalypse hits, you and your foul attitude are NOT invited to shelter in my vast and luxurious compound 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Fog of crappy storytelling

"Meh, I'm confused! Nobodies splainin' things to me! I guess they didnt have gaffers or flood lights...what a crappy production!! Can't they at least have some exposition from someone, so I know whats happening during the desperate battle fought in the dark against an army of the undead in a giant medieval type castle and keep! How am I supposed to know whats happening in the stoooory! Sheesh. Hack frauds....."

?

• Upvote 2

So I didn't know this thread existed until just now.

First off the darkness if the episode make it much more unsettling in my opinion.  Added to the sense of dread.

That was 90 minutes of teeth clinching.  Great cinema.

Last thought.   The Knight King walks through fire and flies dragons like nothing.  Is he a Targaryen? 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Let me just put this out there: when the zombie apocalypse hits, you and your foul attitude are NOT invited to shelter in my vast and luxurious compound 

Let me put this out there. At least I’ll know where things are in my house. And when I die I’ll actually die not just show up with scratches 10 minutes later in the same place.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

"Meh, I'm confused! Nobodies splainin' things to me! I guess they didnt have gaffers or flood lights...what a crappy production!! Can't they at least have some exposition from someone, so I know whats happening during the desperate battle fought in the dark against an army of the undead in a giant medieval type castle and keep! How am I supposed to know whats happening in the stoooory! Sheesh. Hack frauds....."

?

Macc gets sh*t for making decisions without any direction why does this bad direction get a pass?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So I didn't know this thread existed until just now.

First off the darkness if the episode make it much more unsettling in my opinion.  Added to the sense of dread.

That was 90 minutes of teeth clinching.  Great cinema.

Last thought.   The Knight King walks through fire and flies dragons like nothing.  Is he a Targaryen? 

The rumor is he’s the Mad King Targaryen that Jamie Lannister killed. Danaerys’ father, iirc