GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

Littlefinger and Olenna Tyrell coming into town to blow up Cersei's nonsense will be must-see TV. You'd have to think Cersei has it covered, though. Also want to see Brienne behead Ramsey Bolton. I'm actually a little anxious because you can sense that another major character is about to get the whack.

Cersei is a moron.  She just created an armed group of religious fanatics in her city who don't listen to the king, one of the members of which is her cousin she used to sleep with.

That scene with Sansa at the end was brutal to watch. 

Cersei is a moron.  She just created an armed group of religious fanatics in her city who don't listen to the king, one of the members of which is her cousin she used to sleep with.

That scene with Sansa at the end was brutal to watch. 

Cersei's plotline makese sense to me, I agree she is a moron, but that's what makes sense. She's so used to being impetuous and hateful in all of her actions, but having her father, Jaime and even Tyrion there to guide her rage into strategic maneuvering that it insulated her. Now, we're seeing her without the male figures of her household to protect her from herself and her own rage. She'll be her own undoing, I suspect. 

All of that.  Jaime trying to sneak around, and he arrives at the same moment that Sand Snakes arrive.  Very cheesy.

Agreed. It was corny. What a waste of screen time for Bronn, who is a great character and well-acted role. 

Sand Snakes couldn't act their way out of a paper bag, and completely agreed that the Dorne stuff stinks.

Dorne is awful. Every bit of it, except the big dude that told Jaime "if you were whole it would have been a good fight" or whatever, that dude's character needs to be unpacked further.

Cersei's plotline makese sense to me, I agree she is a moron, but that's what makes sense. She's so used to being impetuous and hateful in all of her actions, but having her father, Jaime and even Tyrion there to guide her rage into strategic maneuvering that it insulated her. Now, we're seeing her without the male figures of her household to protect her from herself and her own rage. She'll be her own undoing, I suspect. 

Agreed. It was corny. What a waste of screen time for Bronn, who is a great character and well-acted role. 

Dorne is awful. Every bit of it, except the big dude that told Jaime "if you were whole it would have been a good fight" or whatever, that dude's character needs to be unpacked further.

Agreed, Cersei's plot line makes sense, and is a great story. 

She is what she is.  She schemes well, and can plot to take people down.  She does not have Tywin or Tyrion's ability to see long term.  She feels like she has been slighted by her father, who wanted Jaime and then Tyrion to rule, and just wanted to marry her off.  However, she is proving she does not have the ability to rule, really she isn't much better than King Robert was.  Robert could lead the rebellion, but had not ability to rule.  Cersei can plot to take people down, and can cause mayhem, but can't rule.

Agree on the big dude.  He and the Viper's brother could be good.  Instead, one just sits there, and one just guards him sitting there.

Agreed,

I can't stand Arya anymore now with the Hound gone. All this faceless BS is agonizing.

Agreed and agreed.

Throughout all of the seasons, the only real reasons I've truly enjoyed watching GoT is for the Westeros and Winterfell plots (and the girls, obviously). 

The whole Bran/Hodor plotline has been a snoozefest, the white-walkers plotline is nowhere near the kind of stuff I enjoy, Dorne flat out sucks, Arya's plotline was fun when she was with the Hound and could be awesome with the house of black and white, but it leaves so much to be desired. The only other storyline that is someone interesting is Jon Snow's. 

They need to cut out all the extra fluff and focus on Westeros and the Stark children. 

Agreed and agreed.

Throughout all of the seasons, the only real reasons I've truly enjoyed watching GoT is for the Westeros and Winterfell plots (and the girls, obviously). 

The whole Bran/Hodor plotline has been a snoozefest, the white-walkers plotline is nowhere near the kind of stuff I enjoy, Dorne flat out sucks, Arya's plotline was fun when she was with the Hound and could be awesome with the house of black and white, but it leaves so much to be desired. The only other storyline that is someone interesting is Jon Snow's. 

They need to cut out all the extra fluff and focus on Westeros and the Stark children. 

Arya's they are moving very slowly, but it should get pretty good.

Dorne is not good.  Not at all.  But the thing with the stories is book 3 was so amazing, and so much happened, but they killed so many great characters, that there is a void, and the show has the same thing. 

King Joff, Tywin, Rob Stark, the Viper, the whore, the whole dynamic of the North fighting Tywin, the crazy aunt/sister Lysa, all dead and gone.  Replaced by the awfulness of the Sand Snakes. 

This is playing out how I anticipated.

I would say easily the best episode this season.

Watching Cersei lap up water from the floor.......priceless.

Agreed. I wouldn't go with best episode ever, but certainly best of this season.

Arya's plot is finally starting to scratch the surface of its potential as a storyline, Cercei's scenes were extremely satisfying, and while the fight scenes were all fun to watch, that final shot of Jon Snow looking some combination of helpless/hopeless/horrified/fatigued/defeated was must-see-TV.

All of that however is secondary to what I thought were the best parts of the episode and possibly the best parts of the season: The Daenerys/Tyrion scenes- the first at the beginning of the episode when Tyrion and Jorah are 'on trial', and the second "spokes on a wheel" scene. 

Riveting stuff. 

• Upvote 1

Agreed. I wouldn't go with best episode ever, but certainly best of this season.

Arya's plot is finally starting to scratch the surface of its potential as a storyline, Cercei's scenes were extremely satisfying, and while the fight scenes were all fun to watch, that final shot of Jon Snow looking some combination of helpless/hopeless/horrified/fatigued/defeated was must-see-TV.

All of that however is secondary to what I thought were the best parts of the episode and possibly the best parts of the season: The Daenerys/Tyrion scenes- the first at the beginning of the episode when Tyrion and Jorah are 'on trial', and the second "spokes on a wheel" scene. 

Riveting stuff. 

Oh yeah......that Daenery's Tyrion 'spoke on a wheel' scene was phenomenal. Great episode.

Riveting stuff. 

All great scenes.

I like the, "I just killed thousands of people, now I raise my hands and they all raise up to join me while you run away" 

Special mention, the Giant stomping the frozen zombies was pretty cool and funny all at once.

Anyone else think that giant got infected or something? Walked off a little woozy there.

Will there be more giants? I feel like they will need more giants to beat the ice zombies and their king. That one giant with one log didn't do much damage.

Can giants swim in GoT? Cuz that giant just walked into the water like he knew somebody, and next thing you know in the previews for next week, he's at the wall with Jon Snow...like, how he do dat?

Anyone else think that giant got infected or something? Walked off a little woozy there.

Will there be more giants? I feel like they will need more giants to beat the ice zombies and their king. That one giant with one log didn't do much damage.

I think he was hurting, but they can't hurt him too bad, he has those massively thick coats.  Maybe a few bites around the neck.

I don't know how it works, they aren't like zombies from Walking Dead.  I don't know if you die from the wounds you become one, or if you have to die near a white walker, or what.

An undead Giant would be a bitch to try and take down though....

In a two minute window, Stannis out-did anything that Joffery, Ramsey or Cercei have ever done over the course of their stories. I find it unimaginable that George or the show-writers will ever be able to produce a more despicable character than Stannis after last night. 

Also, after all the sh*tting I've done on this season, the last two episodes have been straight fire. Probably the best two-consecutive-episode-span that I can think of in this series. 

In a two minute window, Stannis out-did anything that Joffery, Ramsey or Cercei have ever done over the course of their stories. I find it unimaginable that George or the show-writers will ever be able to produce a more despicable character than Stannis after last night. 

Also, after all the sh*tting I've done on this season, the last two episodes have been straight fire. Probably the best two-consecutive-episode-span that I can think of in this series.

In a show that has had some effed up stuff in it, that was the far and away the most ghastly thing yet.

In a show that has had some effed up stuff in it, that was the far and away the most ghastly thing yet.

What is more fun than watching a wonderful little girl, who has been one of the few, upbeat people in the series, scream in agony because of her father.

Wow, just wow. 

Side note, I love the guys throwing spears a Drogan.  Because you KNOW the spear isn't really going to hurt him, but the fire might hurt back.