Does Jemeis Winston = Big Ben 2.0?

32EBoozer

Size & arm strength are comparable IMO,  Winston obviously comes out of a better program vs. a higher level of competition and a more Pro style offense.

Both are big, lumbering types of QB's although Ben's incredible strength allows him to extend plays when the pocket collapses.

Both have character issues..... Ben's being more well documented and in my opinion more substantiated.

So if Winston were the next Rothlisberger.... do you go and get him at all costs... 2015 & 2016 First round picks as well as our 2015 Second and a 2016 3rd?

Or do we hope Marriota falls to 6 and take him or get the "Left-over" QB pickings in rounds 3-6 and hope a Brady miracle happens?

Yeah, but in 2 weeks teams will finally have the opportunity to draft this kid.... If he is Rothlesberger-esque, does Maccagnan go get him?

If he is I'd hope he do whatever he can to get him. I'd sign up for Roethlisberger 2.0 in a heartbeat.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Wilk and the 6 pick

If you feel he's going to be that good, then you easily make that trade.

I don't know what to make of Winston, to be honest. The talent is certainly there, but I'm not sure his head is screwed on right. But at some point this team needs to find a quarterback, so I'd probably gamble on him.

If it would only be that easy. If he is Ben 2.0 and there is a chance I would be in favor of moving up to get him, but i just dont see it.

Then Geno/Fitz is your qb at least for the rest of this year. Mariota isn't getting it done and I don't think he's ever falling to 6 anyway.

Then Geno/Fitz is your qb at least for the rest of this year. Mariota isn't getting it done and I don't think he's ever falling to 6 anyway.

Do you think Wilk and our 6th would be enough to move up for Winston? Do u think Tampa or the Titans will pass on him? I didnt say i wouldnt dot it I said I would.

The Jets don't need another sensitive little quarterback.  Sanchez and the pouty face after int.  Always aware when the camera is on him,

while standing on the sideline.  Please.  Maybe the reserved quarterback out of Oregon, crying on the field after losing the big game.  

Tight around the collar on the big stage.  

What the Jets do need is a dynamic leader that will bring an energy to the offense, that it has not seen sense the days of Namath himself.

What sets Winston head and shoulders apart from other quarterbacks is, the ability to make players around him better.  And thats RARE.

We won't be in this position anytime soon.  I hope Mac gets it done.  If he thinks the price is right, he will do it.  Mac knows talent!  

Now bring it on!  I said it.  I own it.  Little Marcus won't make it in New York!  Winston will, just take off your blinkers.    

Do you think Wilk and our 6th would be enough to move up for Winston? Do u think Tampa or the Titans will pass on him? I didnt say i wouldnt dot it I said I would.

If we offer that to Tampa they might consider it. Maybe we already have and Tampa's mulling it over

He's not a rapist?

Could've ******* fooled me!

He must have fooled the cops too. They didn't even charge him.

From what I've read the accuser had a boyfriend, cheated on him with Winston after a drunken night of partying and then once she got caught she accused Winston of rape figuring she could give herself cover and possibly cash in with a civil suit once he went to the nfl. There wasn't enough evidence to even charge Winston let alone make a case.

He's not a rapist?

Could've ******* fooled me!

You must be very easy to fool.

Don't mean to side track your agenda but here's some facts from the case.

The young lady lied to the police from day one.  In her initial complaint she said that she was drugged.  When the toxicology report came back  it showed no drugs in her system, and only a small amount of alcohol.  She then changed her story to that she was clubbed from behind.  At the time of her original complaint she made no mention of being struck, nor did a physical exam that was conducted at that time show any injuries.

She stated at that time that she hadn't had any consensual sex with in 48 hours of the time she had sex with Winston.  Her panties revealed several DNA samples from other people besides Winston.  The conclusion was she had sex with at least one other person  that day.  A friend of her's later testified that she tried to get her to lie, and say the panties she was wearing  actually belonged to the friend.  

This friend of hers belonged to a club, as did the young woman , who made the complaint, that had a face book page bragging about, and  detailing sexual encounters they had had with jocks.

Several eye witness' testified that upon walking into a room they were in , the young lady was not in a submissive position, but on top, and appeared to be the aggressor.   

After her story starting falling apart, she didn't show up for several police interviews.  It was 6 months later before she went to the media with it.   The only thing that amazes me about the case is that the young lady is awaiting charges for filing a false police report.

As far as his being stupid goes, he was offered a scholarship to Stanford, and last year made the ACC scholastic All Star Team.

If you don't like him as a QB, cool, but to continue to be snarky  and refer to Winston is just kind of silly

Archived