Does Jemeis Winston = Big Ben 2.0?

32EBoozer

Yeah... because Tomahawk Nation is really the go to source for unbiased news about Florida State athletics.

I'm easy to fool? Nice to meet you Pot, I'm Kettle. 

LOL

And deadspin is?

s New York Times Smearing Jameis Winston?

BY STUART TAYLOR JR. - FEBRUARY 17, 2015

‹‹Previous Page |1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next Page››

Among the facts that The Times has never acknowledged are Kinsman's shifting accounts, starting with the original, recorded phone report to campus police. In that call, a friend of Kinsman’s reported that Kinsman said she was hit in the back of the head, blacked out, and found herself being raped by a stranger. A sexual assault nurse's medical exam hours later showed no sign of a blow to the head, according to the nurse's report, and Kinsman never repeated that claim. She now suggests she never said she had been hit. The evidence suggests otherwise.

The Times has never reported the significant conflicts between her versions of events and the physical evidence. It has never reported the facts casting doubt on her claim that her decision to go with Winston from a bar where he says they danced together to his apartment was involuntary and forced by fear. (Harding found this less than credible.) It has never reported that sherefused to tell an investigator for State Attorney William Meggs the source of a second set of semen — not Winston's — on her pants. It has never reported the specific reasons the Tallahassee police gave for declining to pursue charges against Winston. Bogdanich strongly implied near the top of his 5,200-word article that Kinsman had been drugged—but he did not mention the fact that police toxicology reports had found no evidence of any known drug in her system .

The paper, in a rapturous report on "The Hunting Ground,” says the film “makes a mockery of Florida State’s investigation,” and reports the film’s challenge that the NFL should shun him.

Times Executive Editor Dean Baquet, in an email responding to 20 detailed questions posed to him and Bogdanich, said that "[w]e believe your premise is fundamentally wrong" and that "we took no position on whether the sexual encounter ... was rape or consensual sex."

He said that the goal of Bogdanich's reporting was to examine "how the authorities badly botched their investigation," so that "critical evidence was not obtained, was lost, or was destroyed." Baquet also noted that the Times had reported Winston's lawyer's "denial that he had raped anyone, along with the fact that Mr. Winston's two friends witnessed the sexual encounter and backed up his account," and a statement by Meggs that even a proper police investigation might not have supported a prosecution. Baquet further stressed Justice Harding's refusal to adopt Winston's lawyers' claim that the accuser "intentionally fabricated an elaborate lie" and Harding's finding that "trauma, stress, anxiety, or the like can affect a person's memory which can possibly improve with time."

Bogdanich did not respond to any of this writer's specific questions. He did forward them to Baine Kerr, one of Kinsman's lawyers. Kerr revealed this by saying in an email to this writer that the questions were "laced with falsehoods." But neither Kerr, nor Bogdanich, nor Baquet identified a single error.

Winston is not the first - or the second, or the third - young man whom the Times has portrayed as a sex criminal by, among other things, distorting or ignoring evidence pointing toward innocence.

http://www.realclearsports.com/articles/2015/02/17/new_york_times_and_jameis_winston_98148-2.html

LOL

And deadspin is?

s New York Times Smearing Jameis Winston?

BY STUART TAYLOR JR. - FEBRUARY 17, 2015

‹‹Previous Page |1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next Page››

Among the facts that The Times has never acknowledged are Kinsman's shifting accounts, starting with the original, recorded phone report to campus police. In that call, a friend of Kinsman’s reported that Kinsman said she was hit in the back of the head, blacked out, and found herself being raped by a stranger. A sexual assault nurse's medical exam hours later showed no sign of a blow to the head, according to the nurse's report, and Kinsman never repeated that claim. She now suggests she never said she had been hit. The evidence suggests otherwise.

The Times has never reported the significant conflicts between her versions of events and the physical evidence. It has never reported the facts casting doubt on her claim that her decision to go with Winston from a bar where he says they danced together to his apartment was involuntary and forced by fear. (Harding found this less than credible.) It has never reported that sherefused to tell an investigator for State Attorney William Meggs the source of a second set of semen — not Winston's — on her pants. It has never reported the specific reasons the Tallahassee police gave for declining to pursue charges against Winston. Bogdanich strongly implied near the top of his 5,200-word article that Kinsman had been drugged—but he did not mention the fact that police toxicology reports had found no evidence of any known drug in her system .

The paper, in a rapturous report on "The Hunting Ground,” says the film “makes a mockery of Florida State’s investigation,” and reports the film’s challenge that the NFL should shun him.

Times Executive Editor Dean Baquet, in an email responding to 20 detailed questions posed to him and Bogdanich, said that "[w]e believe your premise is fundamentally wrong" and that "we took no position on whether the sexual encounter ... was rape or consensual sex."

He said that the goal of Bogdanich's reporting was to examine "how the authorities badly botched their investigation," so that "critical evidence was not obtained, was lost, or was destroyed." Baquet also noted that the Times had reported Winston's lawyer's "denial that he had raped anyone, along with the fact that Mr. Winston's two friends witnessed the sexual encounter and backed up his account," and a statement by Meggs that even a proper police investigation might not have supported a prosecution. Baquet further stressed Justice Harding's refusal to adopt Winston's lawyers' claim that the accuser "intentionally fabricated an elaborate lie" and Harding's finding that "trauma, stress, anxiety, or the like can affect a person's memory which can possibly improve with time."

Bogdanich did not respond to any of this writer's specific questions. He did forward them to Baine Kerr, one of Kinsman's lawyers. Kerr revealed this by saying in an email to this writer that the questions were "laced with falsehoods." But neither Kerr, nor Bogdanich, nor Baquet identified a single error.

Winston is not the first - or the second, or the third - young man whom the Times has portrayed as a sex criminal by, among other things, distorting or ignoring evidence pointing toward innocence.

http://www.realclearsports.com/articles/2015/02/17/new_york_times_and_jameis_winston_98148-2.html

Deadspin doesn't have a rooting interest. 

Ive read every angle on this Jameis rape allegation. I'm convinced hes not a rapist in any way. I have zero rooting interest in fact i'm a die hard hurricanes fan sadly. If you ask me the Tally PD and FSU screwed this whole thing up with their handling of the case and the media took it and ran with it.  They could have buttoned this case up in no time and everyone would have moved on.

Deadspin doesn't have a rooting interest. 

Of course they do, Sensationalism .. Clicks turn to money.  Here's what we know about the case.  It has been investigated by The Tallahassee Police, The State of Florida's prosecutor, A former Chief Justice of the Florida Supreme Court, in a code of conduct hearing, that was  unbelievably attended by Federal moderators.   Federal moderators at a student discipline hearing?  Really?

They all concluded that no rape took place.

What we do know about this as facts.

The women definitely lied to police on several occasions.

Her attorney demanded $7,000,000 and the whole thing would go away.  She wouldn't fell bad any more about being raped.  What a surprise

Ive read every angle on this Jameis rape allegation. I'm convinced hes not a rapist in any way. I have zero rooting interest in fact i'm a die hard hurricanes fan sadly. If you ask me the Tally PD and FSU screwed this whole thing up with their handling of the case and the media took it and ran with it.  They could have buttoned this case up in no time and everyone would have moved on.

So am I.  When this story first broke I was happy.   LOL

As it unraveled not so much

Na I was told on here a few times he'll be working at Walmart in 3 years. More like "jamarcus Russell" than big ben

What's sonwrong about packing groceries? I remember another future hall of fame QB do it. Maybe Jameis can turn it around when he's 30 as well.

Size & arm strength are comparable IMO,  Winston obviously comes out of a better program vs. a higher level of competition and a more Pro style offense.

Both are big, lumbering types of QB's although Ben's incredible strength allows him to extend plays when the pocket collapses.

Both have character issues..... Ben's being more well documented and in my opinion more substantiated.

So if Winston were the next Rothlisberger.... do you go and get him at all costs... 2015 & 2016 First round picks as well as our 2015 Second and a 2016 3rd?

Or do we hope Marriota falls to 6 and take him or get the "Left-over" QB pickings in rounds 3-6 and hope a Brady miracle happens?

I have no problem with the Jets going up to get Winston, but IMO you CAN'T give up this years 2nd round pick, you have to come away with a 2nd possible difference maker from this draft, maybe get Winston a WR, or a speed back like Duke Johnson.  I really don't see the Jets trading up for Winston unless Woody gets involved, and says at all costs I want this kid do what you have to do which means we will be giving up 1,2, and 3 this year, and 1 next year, and probably a Dee Miliner.  I would be ok with 1st, and 3rd this year and 1st next year along with Dee, but because of Dee's injuries that just won't be enough.

In a perfect world the Bucs really don't want to take Winston, and get no serious offers, and panic while on the clock, anf the Jets can go up to 1 to draft him with a crazy package of like 1st, 3rd, and Dee keeping this years 2nd, and next years 1st.  Lovie is a D minded coach, and might like the idea of getting a talented player like Dee who would fit his Cover 2 scheme, as Bama runs tons of zone where Dee thrived.

Archived