These guys want to buy the JETS. I'm in...

fatswalleye

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They sent us an email through our contact form. JetNation is going to sit this one out. They talked a lot about how much the Jets have been mismanaged. I didn't hear any solutions in their pitch though; how they plan on making it better.

Having a play named after us is interesting though. But we are going to pass. :)

Regardless of the lack of solutions, which I guess the idea is that we Jets fans can do a better job, I love their Moxie. Got to give them credit there. 

Sort of like politics. A lot of criticism, with no real solutions. Plus a lot more a-holes

Going to be fun to watch though!

JETS!!!

If I was owner I would also buy the Bills so I could get Rex back.  I would then hire Idzik just so I could personally fire him the next day.  I would give Rex a 10 year contract and a new truck.  I would then sign Revis to a 20 year 200 million extension.

I am sure these guys hugely care about the Jets, like we all do, and I love anyone who bleeds green like I do. It can be frustrating seeing things you perceive as mistakes being made, and I get that. But what good does this do? Do they think there is any way in the world they can raise 1.8 billion dollars? Do they think if they do that Woody will just sell? Do they think that if they can get the money and Woody decides to sell that the NFL would vote to allow them to buy? The answer to these questions has to be no, it has to be. So what's the end game here? Why spend the money on tshirts for this video?

I'll give them props, the video was funny and entertaining, and clearly they love the team.

Check these guys out. 

I've already pledged

Check it out. Lets Buy The Jets

Another group following the FIre Idzik business model. 

"Look at me, ma!  I'm famous on the internet!"

Mr. Johnson is a good owner who spends money on the team properly.  Like 30 other owners each year, he didn't hire the right guys to run the franchise.  Goes with the territory.  He's the least of our worries.

SAR I

If I was owner I would also buy the Bills so I could get Rex back.  I would then hire Idzik just so I could personally fire him the next day.  I would give Rex a 10 year contract and a new truck.  I would then sign Revis to a 20 year 200 million extension.

Beer....buy the Mets instead. Cheaper, and much closer to winning than the Jets. When you do, please hire me as a regional scout. :winking0001:

I could at least understand doing this in a typical Jets offseason, where ownership botches each and every decision.  But Woody's been 100% on point since shipping the circus out of town on Black Monday.  There is actually reason for hope that the franchise can build a solid foundation moving forward.  Actually moving forward with this plan would be a Same Old Jets move, blowing up a new management team that looks like it might have a decent head on its collective shoulder to go with someone with no experience or qualifications.

Another group following the FIre Idzik business model.

"Look at me, ma! I'm famous on the internet!"

Mr. Johnson is a good owner who spends money on the team properly. Like 30 other owners each year, he didn't hire the right guys to run the franchise. Goes with the territory. He's the least of our worries.

SAR I

Except the FireIdzik guys never once went on television or made any kind of a video to try and get "famous"... As a matter of fact, we turned down an interview on a major network's pregame show... We had a real goal - these guys are the polar opposite of us.

Archived