These guys want to buy the JETS. I'm in...

fatswalleye

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funding back down to zero.

Looks like this movement is moving in the wrong direction. :)

I seriously do get nervous any time people come here saying....tell all JetNation members to donate money to my cause.

I and another Jet fan I know "pledged" because we thought it was funny, and had taken the time to read through their pitch, and what fixed-funding meant. Understanding all along that it was a joke, but also that they're in fact not looking to profit in any way. Whether I pledged my $75, or maxed out my credit card, I knew the $ was never going to be transferred. Someone might be able to finance a small film through crowdfunding, but to raise $1.8B to buy a sports team...? Seriously!

Did they over estimate the willingness of Jets fans to go along with the joke, absolutely. Even some to even get the joke...? maybe. 

Should never have asked for $.  The "views" and maybe "comments" would have been more subtle, if there was such a thing. 

Just like plenty of others, I just saw this as two guys looking to have some fun. And look forward to others doing the same. More importantly, I'm looking forward to enjoying a winning season this year with my son and Jet Nation

Where did it go?

The page you are looking for is currently in "DRAFT" mode and hidden from the public. Please contact the campaign owner if you feel this is in error!

On to their next venture.  Geniuses like this always have more than one iron in the fire.  You've got to keep up, Max.

Archived