These guys want to buy the JETS. I'm in...

fatswalleye

Another group following the FIre Idzik business model. 

"Look at me, ma!  I'm famous on the internet!"

Mr. Johnson is a good owner who spends money on the team properly.  Like 30 other owners each year, he didn't hire the right guys to run the franchise.  Goes with the territory.  He's the least of our worries.

SAR I

LMAO oh the irony!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except the FireIdzik guys never once went on television or made any kind of a video to try and get "famous"... As a matter of fact, we turned down an interview on a major network's pregame show... We had a real goal - these guys are the polar opposite of us.

I wasn't referring to specifics, just that you guys built the model for Internet fan anger-buzz and this is the next iteration of it.

The bi-plane over Florham Park can't be topped though. That was the best.

SAR I

The best part of this thread is the lack of sense of humor displayed by some. although everyone wants the same thing...To experience a winning franchise. I guess all the years of disappointment has eaten away, like a cancer, at your funny bone. I love the varying attacks on these guys, as well as claims of entitlement. 

keep it going. definitely comic relief for me.

I wasn't referring to specifics, just that you guys built the model for Internet fan anger-buzz and this is the next iteration of it.

The bi-plane over Florham Park can't be topped though. That was the best.

SAR I

Ha... Sorry to disappoint you but that first plane over Florham Park was not our handiwork... We met those guys a few weeks after they did that... Same guys who flew the "Joe Must Go" plane over Giants Stadium...

They do good work... I don't take credit for things I didn't do.

I kinda feel like Woody is learning and getting better. And he spends money so besides not getting them their own stadium, I have no problem.

Agreed.  He's made a lot of progress as an owner this offseason.  Every move he's made since firing Rex and Idzik has been on point and has helped to set the franchise up for success down the road.  That's not to say that there still isn't the chance that he'll find a way to mess it up somewhere down the road, but for right now, I have the most confidence in him that I've ever had.

I could at least understand doing this in a typical Jets offseason, where ownership botches each and every decision. But Woody's been 100% on point since shipping the circus out of town on Black Monday. There is actually reason for hope that the franchise can build a solid foundation moving forward. Actually moving forward with this plan would be a Same Old Jets move, blowing up a new management team that looks like it might have a decent head on its collective shoulder to go with someone with no experience or qualifications.

I agree. It appears that the debacle that was last season got Woody to finally smarten up.

The best part of this thread is the lack of sense of humor displayed by some. although everyone wants the same thing...To experience a winning franchise. I guess all the years of disappointment has eaten away, like a cancer, at your funny bone. I love the varying attacks on these guys, as well as claims of entitlement. 

keep it going. definitely comic relief for me.

There's nothing remotely funny about it.

If they had come up with this idea a year or two ago, I would have been all for it. Now, the Jets seem to be on the right track and these bozos want to act like the team is still being mismanaged. Not gonna make their goal.

I'm sure that in their dreams, with all of our help, they'd love to hit their goal. but whatever names you want to call them, I'm also sure that they know there is no way in this life they will. And even if they did, there's a small matter of actually "buying" the team, when it's not for sale.

Although I wouldn't mind being a minority share holder, and pretty sure we'd all like to bring back the days of $5 beers and free parking.

between the jets and knicks, we've been suffering too long. 

love all the recent moves, now we need a real QB.

by the way, you're calling all the jets fans knuckleheads since the idea is for all the fans to own shares of the team. 

So when did you come up with the idea to do this?

not me, but had heard about their plan through a friend who has a connection to them. then was sent the link when they went live.

they should have put this together once the season just ended. 

You have to realize this is a joke.............Right?...................

now thats funny. 

at least I laughed watching video, and wasn't the same laugh out of pain and disgust during the season.

is the draft here yet?

Did you laugh when you recorded the video?  :)

Which one are you?

Not exactly the right time to be doing this.  Woody has made all the right moves in 2015, blowing the whole thing up and starting over.  He's brought in a GM who has addressed the major weaknesses of the team, Fitzpatrick is a decent stopgap until the right QB comes along, and I think they are planning to make a run at a veteran QB in 2016.

So if these guys buy the team, will W T F?  become the new chant?   Will they get fireman Ed back to do it?

So far they are well on their way

$0USD
raised by 0 people in 1 day

0% funded
59 days left
$1,800,000,000 USD goal

Anyone who didn't realize this was all in good fun, needs to relax, and unwind. Like they were ever going to come close, although $7500 in one day was, well...almost impressive...?

I just had my pledge sent back, so these guys must be changing some things up. It wasn't about the $, it was about the fun. 

Anyone who didn't realize this was all in good fun, needs to relax, and unwind. Like they were ever going to come close, although $7500 in one day was, well...almost impressive...?

I just had my pledge sent back, so these guys must be changing some things up. It wasn't about the $, it was about the fun. 

I am all for a good joke. I just get cautious when it involves asking JetNation members to pay money.

For only 50Gs a seat in owners box at every home game???? I ll take two-my grandson would love it. How many seats are there??? I have a few friends who would do it too.  But fortunately or unfortunately depending on your viewpoint-  Woody ( who seems like a nice man) won't do it for estate planning reasons.  Plus he doesn't need the money despite the recent drop in JNJ stock price. Got to be a joke

The fact that you even paid tells us you thought this was a serious run at an NFL franchise.

For only 50Gs a seat in owners box at every home game???? I ll take two-my grandson would love it. How many seats are there??? I have a few friends who would do it too. But fortunately or unfortunately depending on your viewpoint- Woody ( who seems like a nice man) won't do it for estate planning reasons. Plus he doesn't need the money despite the recent drop in JNJ stock price. Got to be a joke

Woody has nothing to do with JNJ.

Archived