If Mariota drops to us at #6, do we trade with Chargers for Rivers?

SouthernJet

Solid conundrum.

Rivers w/our Defense gives us legit shot at more than 9 Ws, actually enough Ws to get Home Field possibly.

Is Mariota next Johnny Unita? Who the hell knows.

We would have Rivers for 2-3 years I assume and we could still draft a QB in rounds 3 thru 6 if we have a hidden gem we think has Top 10-15 material in him. Let him learn under nutso Rivers.

I assume our #6 gets us Rivers and maybe another SD pick somewhere in draft. remember, we inherit his cap# and age. What is fair to get plus Rivers? A #2, 3, 4? I dont know.. Bit?

Here's what would happen in that scenario:

1. The Jets would select Mariota.

2. The Eagles would trade Sam Bradford to the Browns for Pick #19.

3. The Eagles would give the Jets picks #19, #20, a 2015 third round pick, and their 2016 first rounder in exchange for Mariota.

4. The Jets will draft Andrus Peat and Shane Ray.

3. The Eagles would give the Jets picks #19, #20, a 2015 third round pick, and their 2016 first rounder in exchange for Mariota.

Shane Ray? The defensive lineman, Shane Ray? 

I thought Rivers is a FA after this year? Are you talking about tagging him which carries a vicious cap hit.

Even outside the cap, I wouldnt even know how we'd pay him this year. Furthermore, I dont even know how we'll give him to play for us in NY when he doesnt even want to play 15 mins away from San Diego over there in Los Angeles. 

We're California dreamin' right now. 

I would be deliriously happy if this happened! 

Solid conundrum.

Rivers w/our Defense gives us legit shot at more than 9 Ws, actually enough Ws to get Home Field possibly.

Is Mariota next Johnny Unita? Who the hell knows.

We would have Rivers for 2-3 years I assume and we could still draft a QB in rounds 3 thru 6 if we have a hidden gem we think has Top 10-15 material in him. Let him learn under nutso Rivers.

I assume our #6 gets us Rivers and maybe another SD pick somewhere in draft. remember, we inherit his cap# and age. What is fair to get plus Rivers? A #2, 3, 4? I dont know.. Bit?

It would have to be a conditional pick. We give up the 6th n take their 2nd this yr. That's the non conditional part of the trade of course.

if Rivers is a one year rental, we get a 4th round pick. If he signs an "extension" before hitting FA, we SEND a 4th to Chargers next year to compensate for the long term value.

This seems to be tilted in Jets favor. Why should the Chargers do this? Because we are essentially trading away Mariotta on a team friendly rookie deal to take over Rivers n a 2nd. They'll lose Rivers next year regardless.

bradford is worth a 1st round pick ?

Bradford, 27, missed the entire 2014 season after tearing his left ACL for the second straight season

weird

I like peat and ray tho

The Jets seem to like him and he'd be the best available pass rusher at that spot.

I think Ray would be gone there personally, but the debate about who the Jets draft with both those picks should have nothing to do about the idea of what you stating could happen, and I like the idea of giving McCags, and Bowles 19, and 20, and 2 1st rounders next year to set this team up with their stamp for the near future.  Personally I believe the Jets would probably take one of the RB's if they were on the board in your scenario.

The Browns offered 19 to the Rams for him.

I would also take Bradford, the 20th pick, 3rd rounder, and a conditional high draft pick next season from the Eagles, on condition the better Bradford does the worse the pick the Jets would receive from Philly, having crazy swings in conditions from as high as a 2nd to as low as a 6th.

Healthy Bradford>Rivers IMO if you include age, system, and douchebag factor.  But I do get the whole injury thing is extremely serious, but I feel Bradford could become the next Brees, but even better if he could somehow just stay healthy for 5-10 years, even more so if he stays on with a offensive mind like Kelly.

One other thing I'd do in this deal is make Cleveland throw in Johnny Football.

I know he's a wreck, but if he gets his head on straight he's worth a free look.

Eh. Rivers ends like Favre. Dude's a southern boy who doesn't want anything to do with big city life. The reason he's even on the table is because he doesn't want to live in LA. You're telling me he'd be cool with NY? It's not worth the capital.

That area of NJ isn't NYC... unless it's the media that bothers him, it's not city living

As long as Rivers is willing to sign an extension I'd trade #6 for him, and if we can get a 2nd as well all the better.

We have a legit defense from the line to the secondary, weapons to throw to on offense and have been able to run the ball with Ivory. If we can get the established top 10 QB it just might be enough to truly challenge for the division and a SB.

I say you take that chance UNLESS you're convinced Mariota is the answer.

Can you imagine what Rex would be thinking (yeah, yeah, fvck Rex, who cares.....but still) if this scenario played out, that would basically be the perfect team in his eyes and he missed coaching it by one year lol he would probably curse Idzik's name til the day he dies

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

From your mouth to God's ears.  

I can't believe people would want bradford over rivers....a qb of rivers caliber doesn't come available at his age. Bradford is made of glass and trading for him and two mid round 1sts over Rivers is absolutely insane to me.

Our defense is super bowl capable. We are rivers away from being the strongest team the jets have had since 98. Maybe longer. Our dline is basically a cheap super unit but that window will close. Go get rivers and let's go for this sh*t this year!

Archived