Bud Dupree Emerges As Option For Jets

flgreen

He's talking about combine numbers. Gholston had good speed and explosion scores for an edge player. Dupree had amazing speed and explosion scores for a cornerback.

I used that system from the link you posted a few days ago regarding OLBs and how they stack up. I compared Beasley Fowler and Dupree to those with the closest numbers and came up with:

Fowler- Tamba Hali/Worlids (JW vert 6" higher than Fowler)

Dupree- Orakpo

Beasley- Antwan Barnes

To be fair to Beasley, no one his height has had his numbers before, he's 3 inches taller and 10 lbs heavier than Barnes. Barnes was faster though. So, unless there's an updated version of that list, it's hard to compare him to those players. Also, Dupree hasn't done the bench press, but I imagine he could put up around 30 (orakpo put up 31).

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used that system from the link you posted a few days ago regarding OLBs and how they stack up. I compared Beasley Fowler and Dupree to those with the closest numbers and came up with:

Fowler- Tamba Hali/Worlids (JW vert 6" higher than Fowler)

Dupree- Orakpo

Beasley- Antwan Barnes

To be fair to Beasley, no one his height has had his numbers before, he's 3 inches taller and 10 lbs heavier than Barnes. Barnes was faster though. So, unless there's an updated version of that list, it's hard to compare him to those players. Also, Dupree hasn't done the bench press, but I imagine he could put up around 30 (orakpo put up 31).

beasley compares better to clay matthews except a little more explosive

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=57020&draftyear=2009&genpos=olb

Fowler in college:

74 solo tackles, 140 TKLs, 33 TFL, 14.5 sacks, 25 hurries, 2 PDs, 5 FFs,1 FR

Dupree in college:

145 solo tackles, 247 TKLs, 37 TFL, 1 INT, 1 TD, 23.5 sacks, 5 PDs, 1 blocked kick, 9 QB hurries, 4 FF

Definitely some eye opening stats although Dupree played one more year then Fowler. So i went back and watched a few more games of Dupree and I still just dont see his combine numbers translated to the field. He just disappears a ton. Trust me, I'm not huge on Fowler at all but on the field he just seems more explosive.

I know your into Dupree. What do you think his upside is? Do you really think his scheme hurt him like many say?

Archived