NBA Playoffs

drdetroit

Should be a great playoff series, lots of intriguing story lines, even if the East is a lot weaker than the West. Have a feeling whoever wins the West is going to make it to the finals just massively beat up. I think that's one of the reasons the Cavs are the favourites. I'm hoping for a Warriors championship though, best team through the regular season deserves it.

Hawks and Warriors both really lucked out that the Thunder and Pacers didn't get the 8th seed.

Yeah I think Westbrook harder to guard than the Brow, given the Brow relies on other players to get him the ball.

not for anything but the NBA playoffs especially the first two rounds are boring as all hell

The one series I wanted to watch began at 10:30 last night.

Agreed.  Its the absolute worst.  Games start too late.  Most arent even competitive.  Would it be any surprise if the first round wasnt anything but sweeps?  (sans maybe the Spurs/Clippers series).  I mean, the EAST is just stupid.

They need to redo the playoffs.  No more set up that half the league gets in.  Make the regular season worth something so in the very least it makes the first round of the playoffs compelling.  

But they wont.  They rather have a 3 month playoff systems because $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Agreed. Its the absolute worst. Games start too late. Most arent even competitive. Would it be any surprise if the first round wasnt anything but sweeps? (sans maybe the Spurs/Clippers series). I mean, the EAST is just stupid.

They need to redo the playoffs. No more set up that half the league gets in. Make the regular season worth something so in the very least it makes the first round of the playoffs compelling.

But they wont. They rather have a 3 month playoff systems because $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Most games are late because most of the markets are in central, mtn and pacific time zones. The clippers aren't having a 4:30 tip off to make things convenient for people in NJ

Most games are late because most of the markets are in central, mtn and pacific time zones. The clippers aren't having a 4:30 tip off to make things convenient for people in NJ

I get that...but 10:30?  Sucks.  I wont watch a single game of the only series that I'm mildly interested in.

And really my biggest complaint is the lack of competition in these serious.  Whats the point? 

I get that...but 10:30? Sucks. I wont watch a single game of the only series that I'm mildly interested in.

And really my biggest complaint is the lack of competition in these serious. Whats the point?

The earliest they could start a game would be 7pm their time 10pm est.

Thunder and Pacers both missing out on 8th seed hurtthe first rd.

It's a bummer the only two players that I actively root for outside the Knicks are playing each other, still pisses me off that Curry isn't a Knick. Would love to see The Brown take them to game 7, but he just doesn't have the supporting cast, unless Gordon goes nuts.

We were one pick away from getting Curry in the draft. I was pissed that night

Spurs Clips has been very high quality for a first round series; Clips have had their chances, but their name players just haven't stepped up when it counted. Having said that the Clips bench is trash compared to the Spurs. Spurs have got great minutes out of Diaw, Patty Mills, Belinelli and Ginobili, can't say the same about the Clips bench.

Spurs Clips has been very high quality for a first round series; Clips have had their chances, but their name players just haven't stepped up when it counted. Having said that the Clips bench is trash compared to the Spurs. Spurs have got great minutes out of Diaw, Patty Mills, Belinelli and Ginobili, can't say the same about the Clips bench.

Either team is capable of knocking out Golden St

• 2 weeks later...

That was a great game up until the end. Just bizarre sh*t on the refs there. Free timeout given to Cleveland because of the replay. They need to change the rules for that scenario right there. Cleveland mismanaged their TOs and it didn't matter in the least because the replay rules. That was an amazing shot that Lebron hit, but it was clearly a result of them being able to head over to the bench and draw up a play.

That was a great game up until the end. Just bizarre sh*t on the refs there. Free timeout given to Cleveland because of the replay. They need to change the rules for that scenario right there. Cleveland mismanaged their TOs and it didn't matter in the least because the replay rules. That was an amazing shot that Lebron hit, but it was clearly a result of them being able to head over to the bench and draw up a play.

Go Cavs

Huge impact on the game.

Bulls weren't out of the soup as they still would have needed to outplay them in OT and their horrific shooting, especially inside, showed no promise of getting better.

Hoping to hear a "pop" soon where Noah's head dislodges out of his azz.  

Plus, Blatt is such an awful in game coach, who was rescued by the TV timeout and his staff after he tried to call a TO he didn't have and wanted LBJ to inbound the ball on the last play.

BTW, Grizzlies-Clippers will be a fun WCF.  I don't thinks the Warriors can win the series now.  There's something about a dominant home team during the regular season not being able to rebound after their first post-season home loss.

They are boring. Trade baskets for 46 minutes and then manipulate the last two for commercials/timeouts. The Cavs will win this series in 7.

Your right dude 3 last second game winning shots in one weekend. What a snooze fest I'd much rather watch regular season Padres-Giants

Archived