Rex Ryan: Amaro will be accountable for his comments

BurnleyJet

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's in no way being unprofessional.  He was asked a question and he answered it.

I'm even willing to let Rex's initial comment pass.  He was, similarly, asked a question, and answered it.  He could have chosen his words better, but that's not what he does.  It's his continued comments on the matter that have been unprofessional.

I also doubt that it was Rex that gave him his opportunity.  It was more a combination of John Idzik and Marty Morninwheg.  I bet Rex probably still needs GPS to help him find the offensive meeting rooms at Jets HQ.

If Amaro got the opportunity (and he did) to play,  it was Rex who gave him the opportunity.    Idzik may have hired him but it was Rex who allowed him to play.

You need to stop, we get it you LOVE Ryan and he can do no wrong.  Amaro is not the one continuing

this story your beloved coach is.  The simple fact is an NFL rookie (who can tell time) noticed many

instances of players being late and Ryan doing NOTHING about it.  He's your problem now deal with it

I think players making millions of dollars should accept the responsibility of getting to meetings, practices, games on time.  I haven't heard of this being a problem here in Buffalo so that's one issue Rex won 't have to worry about.  As far as Amaro? EJ Manuel was cut after 4 games last year.  The reality?  Marrone didn't want him.  EJ never made a negative comment about Marrone.  In fact,  just last week he was asked about the cut and if he was glad Marrone was gone (or words to that effect).  His answer,  God works in strange ways.  And,  that was all he wanted to say.

I think players making millions of dollars should accept the responsibility of getting to meetings, practices, games on time. I haven't heard of this being a problem here in Buffalo so that's one issue Rex won 't have to worry about. As far as Amaro? EJ Manuel was cut after 4 games last year. The reality? Marrone didn't want him. EJ never made a negative comment about Marrone. In fact, just last week he was asked about the cut and if he was glad Marrone was gone (or words to that effect). His answer, God works in strange ways. And, that was all he wanted to say.

I remember when I was a Rex apologist.

If Amaro got the opportunity (and he did) to play,  it was Rex who gave him the opportunity.    Idzik may have hired him but it was Rex who allowed him to play.

That's just not the case.  Rex Ryan doesn't coach the offense, nor does he have anything to do with the offense in any way shape or form.  As I've said before, he probably needed GPS to find the offensive meeting rooms at the Jets' facility.  Idzik drafted him and Morninwheg may as well have been his HC, because Rex's involvement with the offensive side of the football is virtually zero.  It was Marty that let him out on the field.  Marty could have not put him out there and I seriously doubt Rex would have noticed, unless Idzik had come to him and told him to tell Marty to put him back in.

Yes another Rex thread, but he's just can't leave it alone.

The new coach of the Buffalo Bills came out firing on Saturday in a lively interview with NFL Media's Kimberly Jones.

Jets tight end Jace Amaro took the worst of it.

After telling The MMQB's Jenny Vrentas this week that Amaro was "full of (expletive)" for claiming that Gang Green wasn't held "accountable" under Ryan last season, Rex circled around on Saturday to take the newbie to task.

"It's not the truth and that's the thing that I was saying. It's absolutely not the truth," Ryan told Jones on WFAN in New York. "That kid's, you know, well, we will see what happens. I just know it's not the truth and for him or anyone else to pop off like that, I think is absolutely a joke. If (veteran linebacker) David Harris had said something or (offensive linemen) D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold or something, I would be hurt by it. I would be absolutely devastated by it. But a kid like that? Nah. I know him and it doesn't bother me one bit."

Said Ryan of Amaro: "I think the kid's got some talent I am just going to leave it at that. I just know one thing: He totally misspoke and you talk about accountable? He's gonna be accountable when we go to play him."

Is it me, or is Rex Ryan simply the best?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000486243/article/rex-ryan-amaro-will-be-accountable-for-his-comments

I thought I heard Bowles say the Jet's weren't held accountable last year and this year that was going to change.

The kid didn't say anything inaccurate.

Geno got to skate after that legendary brain fart when he missed the meeting.

What about that???

I like Rex but I really hope we kick his *ss.

And if it happens, I will not miss that post game.

I remember when I was a Rex apologist.

Same here.  I feel appropriately ashamed of it now, though.  

As for the issue brought up that the players should be accountable for being on time, and how the Bills don't have that problem for Rex to worry about, all I'll say is that they don't yet have that problem yet.  I don't recall there being many missed meetings or tardiness under Mangini before Rex got here.  It's something that results from the culture that he brings to the franchise.  Things will be good in the beginning, because he has everyone fired up and he's relaxed with the players, which they'll enjoy because they didn't have that under Marrone.  But, like the Jets' players, they'll take advantage of that after a while and the story will, more or less, follow the same path that it did in New York.

What I find interesting is that Harris, Brick and Mangold or anyone else, are NOT stepping in to refute Amaro. It wouldn't be much for them to speak up and defend him if it was dead wrong. I think that is more telling.

Looks like the Jets are unified for a change. No way should they be calling out Amaro here against Ryan

That's just not the case.  Rex Ryan doesn't coach the offense, nor does he have anything to do with the offense in any way shape or form.  As I've said before, he probably needed GPS to find the offensive meeting rooms at the Jets' facility.  Idzik drafted him and Morninwheg may as well have been his HC, because Rex's involvement with the offensive side of the football is virtually zero.  It was Marty that let him out on the field.  Marty could have not put him out there and I seriously doubt Rex would have noticed, unless Idzik had come to him and told him to tell Marty to put him back in.

The only guys who missed Amaro more than Rex were Smith and Vick

I think players making millions of dollars should accept the responsibility of getting to meetings, practices, games on time.  I haven't heard of this being a problem here in Buffalo so that's one issue Rex won 't have to worry about.  As far as Amaro? EJ Manuel was cut after 4 games last year.  The reality?  Marrone didn't want him.  EJ never made a negative comment about Marrone.  In fact,  just last week he was asked about the cut and if he was glad Marrone was gone (or words to that effect).  His answer,  God works in strange ways.  And,  that was all he wanted to say.

Manuel was benched because he sucked. Not cut.

Amaro just was responding honestly to the inaccountability in the Jets locker room last year. And the sad thing is- you're right Amaro is only a rookie. If he had been a 5 year vet, he could've answered about the lack of accountability over the course of the Rex Ryan era in NY.

We all get that you're an excited Bills fan. And we've all given you a pass here because the Bills have sucked for 20 years, and we all remember how hard we all were after Rex's first Jets press conference. But while Rex can run a defense, he can't run a team. Or a locker room. Or manage his timeouts. Or the clock. So get used to it. And stop bashing a Jets TE for answering a question. It's the same answer that Jets vets and their current HC has given, but I haven't seen the foot fetish partner swapping 'oooh can i watch you F my wife' Rex Ryan mention that.

What I find interesting is that Harris, Brick and Mangold or anyone else, are NOT stepping in to refute Amaro. It wouldn't be much for them to speak up and defend him if it was dead wrong. I think that is more telling.

I agree. Amaro should establish himself before shooting his mouth off. Jeez, the jury is still out on amaro, IMO...all the guy has done is put up 3rd round numbers and had several key drops.

The trash-talk bus left for Buffalo...time to put up or shut up.

I agree. Amaro should establish himself before shooting his mouth off. Jeez, the jury is still out on amaro, IMO...all the guy has done is put up 3rd round numbers and had several key drops.

The trash-talk bus left for Buffalo...time to put up or shut up.

He didn't 'shoot his mouth off'. he answered a question. Just like Greg McElroy did. Just like Todd Bowles said that this year's team would have 'more accountability'.  Let go of the Rex mancrush.. we're in good hands now

He didn't 'shoot his mouth off'. he answered a question. Just like Greg McElroy did. Just like Todd Bowles said that this year's team would have 'more accountability'. Let go of the Rex mancrush.. we're in good hands now

Rex man crush? You obviously don't know my posts, even if they are limited.

Plus, I said "the trash talk bus left for buffalo"...hardly sounds like a Rex fan.

Here the cliffnotes of my post--How about amaro becomes an leader on the field and the lockeroom before he opens his mouth?

Amaro didn't "pop off", he said the Jets weren't held accountable. Pretty cut and dry.

Rex has done nothing BUT pop off.

Demented. 

Not sure why anyone would think that Amaro has "popped off" or "shot off" at the mouth here.  It's very clear that's not what happened.

Rex, on the other hand, as you said, has done exactly that at every step of the way this week.  

This is shooting his mouth off?

"He's not really playing around with everyone being late," Amaro said of Bowles. "We had an issue with that last year. Guys just weren't accountable last year as much as they could be. I think that's the biggest thing. [bowles is] making sure everyone's gonna be 100 percent in or he's not going to be on the team."

Amazing, right?

Amaro never actually called Rex out, if anything he called out the "guys" in the lockerroom.

Rex took it personal, because he's an insecure ninny and a demented ******* headcase.

First of all this jeanie persoh just has to be an alt of one of your rec lovers on this site, has to be.

As for Rex, he had no clue about Holmes and all the problems on offense and totally admitted that.  I'm sure he has ZERO clue about 2/3 of the team he was not invloved with on a daily basis.  He really is a kid, a total child 100%.

Archived