Rex Ryan: Amaro will be accountable for his comments

BurnleyJet

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, okay.

The Jets open against the Browns, so when you say "we" you must mean the Jets.

So, my point proven. Just a Jets troll pretending to be a middle-aged mom Bills fan with bad dental coverage and anal fizzures.

Ape is like ultron and Jeanie is jar jar binks. Utter destruction and carnage eleventy billion!

Refreshing

@KMart_LI: Bowles said he has no reax to Rex's Amaro comments: "I'm just concentrating on the tm I'm coaching now. ...I got too much work to do here."

Bowles is probably wondering along with the rest of us what exactly Rex is going to do to make Amaro "accountable." And further, why making him accountable in any way addresses the comment about the locker room. Rex is like a 14 year old cut up.

Refreshing

@KMart_LI: Bowles said he has no reax to Rex's Amaro comments: "I'm just concentrating on the tm I'm coaching now. ...I got too much work to do here."

Wow kind of strange to have an Adult running things. Although I'm sure some on here may moan that there aren't any "Exciting" sound bites from our new H.C.

Bowles is probably wondering along with the rest of us what exactly Rex is going to do to make Amaro "accountable." And further, why making him accountable in any way addresses the comment about the locker room. Rex is like a 14 year old cut up.

My guess is by winning,  Rex would prove that he has control, not only of his locker room, but team and game as well.  

My guess is by winning,  Rex would prove that he has control, not only of his locker room, but team and game as well.  

Really? So he calls out an individual player to make him "accountable"?  Isn't winning the point of playing the game?  So if he loses does that make Amaro right?  See how silly your point is?   

Rex has never built a defense to my knowledge.  He has been handed great defenses and has had his GM draft loads of 1st round talent.  The moment he was given non premium talent in the secondary he just got killed.  I'd also love to see Julio Jones get 3 passes a game and Matt Ryan throw 20 times a game because of ground and pound.

He would have a terrible time in both Chicago and Atlanta because he would set up his D in his fashion and have no talent to pull off his schemes.  A non premium secondary?  We sat this past year and the year before what his pass defense looks like.

Non-premium talent?  Pretty ******* funny term.

Really? So he calls out an individual player to make him "accountable"?  Isn't winning the point of playing the game?  So if he loses does that make Amaro right?  See how silly your point is?   

Rex won't lose.  Just my opinion.  

oh jeanie I forgot.  rex is awful after the bye week.  it's another clue into how he runs "camp favorite uncle"

rex wants the players to like him.  he needs it.  that is the center of the whole problem

you need a cold calculating bastard as an executive.  he is the fun uncle.  it works sometimes, but in the end the team will underachieve

oh jeanie I forgot.  rex is awful after the bye week.  it's another clue into how he runs "camp favorite uncle"

rex wants the players to like him.  he needs it.  that is the center of the whole problem

you need a cold calculating bastard as an executive.  he is the fun uncle.  it works sometimes, but in the end the team will underachieve

Larz:  In your opinion,  do you think a cold calculating b provides open communication?  I agree that being friends with your subordinates can be damaging  but I am not so sure moving  in  the opposite direction,  in that a coach is as tough as nails,  works either.  

Larz:  In your opinion,  do you think a cold calculating b provides open communication?  I agree that being friends with your subordinates can be damaging  but I am not so sure moving  in  the opposite direction,  in that a coach is as tough as nails,  works either.

Ask Parcells or BB if that works.

Larz: In your opinion, do you think a cold calculating b provides open communication? I agree that being friends with your subordinates can be damaging but I am not so sure moving in the opposite direction, in that a coach is as tough as nails, works either.

I like how the narrative is being set. Rex the players pal, Bowles the big meanie.

It should really be Rex the disorganized, insecure, slapstick vs, Bowles, the unknown commodity.

Bowles gets to know each individual on his team, and coaches to their personality. That IS a players coach, he just doesn't come across as an affable moron.

Dcat:  You are not the first Jets fan that mentioned this.  Please understand,  after a 15 year drought,  we are happy to be in the place we are at right now.  We have new owners that want to win a championship and cost is no factor.  We are acquiring some outstanding players and Rex is so upbeat.  We are diehard fans that see a lot of hope for our team.   It's an exciting time for us.  

I can certainly relate to that as a Jet fan someone who was going to school in the 80's Upstate and witnessed the four empty trips you guys took to the Superbowl.  Of all the AFC east teams the Bills are the ones I dislike the least.  Feel for them.  Great fans of a bad team. 

No effect whatsover on me.  By the way,  the Jets have a pretty tough schedule this season and so does the bills.  Glad we are opening with  the Browns.  Good team to go up against.  

Yeah, okay.

The Jets open against the Browns, so when you say "we" you must mean the Jets. 

So, my point proven. Just a Jets troll pretending to be a middle-aged mom Bills fan with bad dental coverage and anal fizzures. 

You could have stopped at dental coverage but still some nice hunting.  Mafia style.  

You could have stopped at dental coverage but still some nice hunting.  Mafia style.  

"Dental coverage"?  In Buffalo?  Reminds me of an old joke.

What has 20,000 eyes and 12 teeth?

Answer: The upper deck at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

I too have two sons.  They are very courteous and very respectful.  They will also answer a question honestly when asked.  That's all the kid did. 

Yes and when EJ Manuel was asked if he was glad Marrone was gone -  His response was I am just  glad I  have a fair chance in competing for starting QB -  God works in strange ways.  This is a "young" kid who gets it.

Yes and when EJ Manuel was asked if he was glad Marrone was gone -  His response was I am just  glad I  have a fair chance in competing for starting QB -  God works in strange ways.  This is a "young" kid who gets it.

Great..  Let's take what is already a terrible thread... full of your trolling... and interject God and religion!  That will go over big.  

Actually it might be a good idea.  Maybe it'll get this thread closed down for good.  Where's Crusher?

No.  He might as well has said, "Im only here because I don;t want to get fined."  Amaro answered it honestly and I respect that.  He didn't purposely try and knock Rex.  In my opinion he was knocking the culture.  now Rex being the coach  is responsible for that culture.  Obviously he struck a nerve with Rex. Hey, "If the shoe fits wear it."  

Great..  Let's take what is already a terrible thread... full of your trolling... and interject God and religion!  That will go over big.  

Actually it might be a good idea.  Maybe it'll get this thread closed down for good.  Where's Crusher?

First of all she was only quoting someone. Secondly I just got here.  LOL

First of all she was only quoting someone. Secondly I just got here.  LOL

I know that she was quoting EJ... I am j/k.  When an idiotic  thread like this descends into the bowels of internet hot air, with a large dose of trolling, then anything goes.   

I know that she was quoting EJ... I am j/k.  When an idiotic  thread like this descends into the bowels of internet hot air, with a large dose of trolling, then anything goes.   

We are discussing/debating an issue relevant to this thread. If you believe it has turned into hot air or large dose of trolling,  why are you still visiting this particular issue?  

"Im only here because I don;t want to get fined."   

That's another way of looking at it.  Personally,  I hope that we've heard the last of the Amaro/Ryan saga in the media.  It's getting a little old.  I know that these men were  asked questions (by the media)  but it's time to squelch this topic.

That's another way of looking at it.  Personally,  I hope that we've heard the last of the Amaro/Ryan saga in the media.  It's getting a little old.  I know that these men were  asked questions (by the media)  but it's time to squelch this topic.

Agreed.  "Next topic please."

Amaro hasn't said two words since the initial report.  All the bluster.. every bit of it re: Amaro has come from the mouth of Rex Ryan.  So to call it an "Amaro"/Rex saga is just distorted.  and how interesting is it that other Jets, the ones that Rex claims he respects, like veteran Mangold and Colon, have said the same thing as Amaro?  Face it.  Rex runs an undisciplined sloppy camp and clubhouse and that always has adverse consequences after a year or two if not sooner.  Good luck with that.  

Amaro hasn't said two words since the initial report.  All the bluster.. every bit of it re: Amaro has come from the mouth of Rex Ryan.  So to call it an "Amaro"/Rex saga is just distorted.  and how interesting is it that other Jets, the ones that Rex claims he respects, like veteran Mangold and Colon, have said the same thing as Amaro?  Face it.  Rex runs an undisciplined sloppy camp and clubhouse and that always has adverse consequences after a year or two if not sooner.  Good luck with that.  

This. All of this, especially the bold.

Dcat:  I call it the Amaro/Ryan saga because both were involved.  Amaro initiated the issue and Rex followed up (when ASKED) twice.  

Archived