Not Hard To Read Handwriting On Jets QB Wall

flgreen

Scherf and move up into end of 1st for Gregory and we're set. Except for that QB thing.

Gregory will be taken before pick 20.  He is too good to pass on; Pothead or not.  In fact, I can see the Jets taking him; he is actually the best fit for their defense.

The media desperately wants a QB controversy so they will do everything they can to annoint Fitz the starter and trash Geno. Ehy don't we go with what the coach said? Geno will be #1 in camp and it will be his job to lose. No one here knows how he will respond to the new environment and competent coaching. People forget that Geno does have elite upside, and coincidentally did well when Rex stopped meddling after he tossed in the towel the last couple of seasons.

Look it is simple. If right now the Jets think Fitz is the starter we are screwed. If that is the case, then if they think Mariota or Winston are franchise guys they need to do whatever they need to do to get him. Three number ones, whatever. We will win nothing with Fitz. Geno may develop, or he may be damaged beyond repair. But accepting a backup guy as your QB is also accepting mediocrity. 

I would much rather sign someone like Austin Davis who showed some good things last year but was yanked by their buffoon coach, and see if we can develop him than start a backup at best retread. Anyone wanting that is an idiot.

You had me up until that statement. I see no reason Fitz can't follow in Plunkett's footsteps and bring the Jets a SB or two.

Archived