Which draft would you choose?

Paradis

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which draft would you choose?

• OPTION #1
    • OPTION #2
    • OPTION #3
    • OPTION #4

It's amazing how many people have talked themselves out of Shane Ray based on nothing more than speculation about his fit... watch the guy's tape. He murders everyone, everywhere. It's Teddy Bridgewater all over again.

(gato stay out of this)

I should probably shut up too then. Ray looks like a laser beam off the ball. JMO....but also looks extremely stiff, gets engulfed and completely taken out of plays a lot if he doesn't get the jump, poor change of direction. But he's a pit bull when he gets a straight line to QB, I get it. 

IMO, Beasley has as a good a first step if not better, and is much more athletic on the field, better hips/bend etc...again, JMO...and I did watch everything I could find on the internet for the top 5 guys plus a couple live games on Sat's fwiw. 

Dupree is right behind them off the ball. Fowler and Gregory behind those 3 guys...but Fowler is really strong and uses his hands extremely well. He's extremely disruptive sometimes just based on sheer will power. 

Honestly, jmo but Gregory plays soft a lot. He was the most hot and cold out of what I saw. Crazy bend, great feet though.  Probably my least favorite even before the weed.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His 3 cone is shoddy as well.  I think those are the numbers that lonely hearts keeps referring to as being the most important for pass rushers.

It's kind of an either/or.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=439601

Everybody in the whole world who doesn't post in this forum does metrics for pass rushers, and they're all stealing from this guy. The formulae are far from perfect (the agility equation perversely punishes a good 10 split, for example, and the weight-adjusted jumps are scaled feet to inches for some reason), but crazy effective anyway (Matthews, for example, is over the green line for agility notwithstanding that his insane 10 actually hurt him). Justin Houston went in the third round the year this came out. That would not happen now.

Everybody in the whole world who doesn't post in this forum does metrics for pass rushers, and they're all stealing from this guy. The formulae are far from perfect (the agility equation perversely punishes a good 10 split, for example, and the weight-adjusted jumps are scaled feet to inches for some reason), but crazy effective anyway (Matthews, for example, is over the green line for agility notwithstanding that his insane 10 actually hurt him). Justin Houston went in the third round the year this came out. That would not happen now.

gay

Beasly had like 35!!! Fowler 19 Dupree ?

Beasley is climbing fast up "Shadetrees Emotionally Unstable Chart of Death"!!!

At first I was loving fowler & Dupree's 260 LB weight-class.. Now I'm loving Beasley fast twitch first step & strength.

I'm torn...I'm gonna watch some hockey and flip flop on this in between periods

The jumps. I'm on phone but I was talking about the 35.5 and 121...or somethig like that.

Sure, his explosion numbers are nothing special. Generally speaking the guys who clear the jumps are power rushers and the guys who clear the agility drills are speed rushers. I don't remember anybody ever hitting both marks. You only really look at the numbers in tandem if they don't hit either and you're already behind the eightball at that point.

Interesting stuff, thanks for the link.

Unless I totally f'up my math Dupree has a killer value for explosive power (1.22)   Beasley was at (1.07) still over the 1.05 mark.  Fowler only (.94)

I'll have to play with the other formulas as well.  I just did EXP Power.

I'll give you EXPLOSION Power!! :xxx:  :blowup:

Unless I totally f'up my math Dupree has a killer value for explosive power (1.22) Beasley was at (1.07) still over the 1.05 mark. Fowler only (.94)

I'll have to play with the other formulas as well. I just did EXP Power.

Jesus. The numbers I got day of had Dupree in the high teens. That broke the curve, and this is like a standard deviation beyond that. He might not make it to 6.

explosion score > speed score for the position correct?

The way the original model is set up, prospects are tiered by agility scores but ExP trumps. I use ExP, SPARQ, and a dummy variable for the agility drills (basically differencing out the back 20/30 yards of the 40 against the shuttle and cone times, rather than the first 20/30 as in Waldo's twitch rating) as a multiplier for the simple speed score.

The way the original model is set up, prospects are tiered by agility scores but ExP trumps. I use ExP, SPARQ, and a dummy variable for the agility drills (basically differencing out the back 20/30 yards of the 40 against the shuttle and cone times, rather than the first 20/30 as in Waldo's twitch rating) as a multiplier for the simple speed score.

The 1.22 is legit. Mosqueda says his ExP is higher than everyone since Mario.

Why the heck is Fowler getting all this hype then? 

Because you need a hundred percent hit rate if you're gonna convince anybody that numbers trend better than guts.

Ha- even in NFL war rooms apparently.

The only things these numbers dont project is the dumbass factor, which I have to assume Gregory dominates. 

A9SGHueCUAAJPmU.jpg

In between periods of ranger game.

I'm feeling Beasley over fowler right now...first explosive step...remember when Abraham had those type of sacks where you knew it was a sack 2 seconds after the snap? It'd be nice to have that type of player again.

Archived