1. 1. Which draft would you choose?

• OPTION #1
    • OPTION #2
    • OPTION #3
    • OPTION #4

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should probably shut up too then. Ray looks like a laser beam off the ball. JMO....but also looks extremely stiff, gets engulfed and completely taken out of plays a lot if he doesn't get the jump, poor change of direction. But he's a pit bull when he gets a straight line to QB, I get it. 

IMO, Beasley has as a good a first step if not better, and is much more athletic on the field, better hips/bend etc...again, JMO...and I did watch everything I could find on the internet for the top 5 guys plus a couple live games on Sat's fwiw. 

Dupree is right behind them off the ball. Fowler and Gregory behind those 3 guys...but Fowler is really strong and uses his hands extremely well. He's extremely disruptive sometimes just based on sheer will power. 

Honestly, jmo but Gregory plays soft a lot. He was the most hot and cold out of what I saw. Crazy bend, great feet though.  Probably my least favorite even before the weed.

I agree with most of what you say - except your assessment of Ray, the bit about being completely taken out of plays, getting engulfed. He makes moves both on the inside and outside. He's proven to be far more disruptive than some of those other guys who basically have one move - and that's out run the tackle on the outside. NFL tackles will have a field day steering them around the pocket on 80% of the plays. 

Gregorys power score is pretty crappy as well only .95

One trick speed pony who is slight and head tackles.  Watch his sack highlights and see him try and grab the head or shoulders and throw guys down all the time.  I didn't want him before he even had the dope issue.

Gregorys power score is pretty crappy as well only .95

One trick speed pony who is slight and head tackles. Watch his sack highlights and see him try and grab the head or shoulders and throw guys down all the time. I didn't want him before he even had the dope issue.

Remember that the explosion metric is only a green line. Most of the shortcuts are primarily eliminators, like Lewin for quarterbacks. ExP identifies successes, not failures. If they don't hit the benchmark you have to look at the agility numbers.

So if you find a player that scores well in both twitch and power the metrics say he will be pretty safe?

A player that did well in both of those categories according to my feeble math skills is Owa Odighizuwa from UCLA.  Sounds like a large injury risk however.

So if you find a player that scores well in both twitch and power the metrics say he will be pretty safe?

A player that did well in both of those categories according to my feeble math skills is Owa Odighizuwa from UCLA.  Sounds like a large injury risk however.

Yeah. That would be an example of a guy who doesn't qualify as low risk 1 or low risk 2 based on the jumps and agility separately but who comes out as a force player when taken together.

Archived