What are your Expectations of Shaq Evans and Quincy Enunwa?

JetBlue

I know we continually debate what receivers we should take and I am on the side of those that say we need another receiver (although it doesn't have to be in the first or second rounds...)

I know Shaq struggled after missing all the OTAs and then adding insult to injury by getting hurt.  Actually that might have been a good thing, because unless he turned it around, he might well have been cut.  Quincy actually showed flashes in the latter part of the preseason and that earned him a spot on the PS and eventually the 53 man roster.  I am hoping that a full off-season work out program, OTAs etc. will help these guys step up their games and seriously challenge to make the team.  I don't want to see the David Nelsons and Greg Salas's of the world on this roster if we can help it.   Chris Owusu showed me enough that I think he will have a legit shot to make the team.  

So we will be looking at: Marshall, Decker, Kerley, Drafted Rookie, Owusu, Evans, Enunwa.  That is seven receivers... who goes?  I think Enunwa can learn a lot from Marshall and I'm interested in seeing him in camp.  Evans probably has the most talent of that second tier group; it is just a question if he can show enough to make the team.  I think he will.  Whatever rookie is drafted will probably make the team just on general principles unless he outright sucks or he or someone else gets hurt.  That leaves Owusu who did look okay in limited playing time.   

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect nothing from them to be honest.  I am not an Idzik hater like most on this forum but his choices for WR in that last draft just STUNK.

Owusu has some potential, I think we draft at least one Wr this year, it will take a number of injuries for the guys you mentioned to have a shot.  I'll say one thing, they better have outstanding camps or they are history sooner than later.

I find life easier if I lower my expectations, so I expect them to find their way to the stadium. Anything beyond that is icing on top.

In all seriousness though, if we can have just one of Evans or Enunwa be a legit contributor at WR3 or higher, sometime in the future, then that'll be a major win.

But, it's the Jets, and my life is very sad, so I expect nothing.

Saalim Hakim is certainly on the bubble, but if Gailey is Mr Use Whar He Has, he might be able to find some value in a guy that is legit faster than the other NFL players. Kid is still young and raw, but you cant teach speed and he sure seems willing. Plus, he is a.decent gunner.

Also, Graham has more.pedigree and production and Powell shoukd be.on equal footing equal footing with Evans and Enunwa.

The new regime has no ties to a fourth and sixth round pick from last season. They traded for Marshall because they have no interest in either of them cracking the top three. If they go WR in the first or second round, that'll further demonstrate just how difficult it will be for either of these guys to even make the team.

I have no expectations at all.

Shaq played well his final year; showed great acceleration and quickness and route running ability.  He was a shadow of himself in training camp, thinking way to much rather than just playing.  With a full offseason under his belt, I expect a much better player to show up this go round.  Enunwa is really an intriguing guy as well.  6'2 220 pounds runs 4.45 with pretty decent hands.    I like both of their chances but then I guess I am just an optimistic kind of guy.  

The new regime has no ties to a fourth and sixth round pick from last season. They traded for Marshall because they have no interest in either of them cracking the top three. If they go WR in the first or second round, that'll further demonstrate just how difficult it will be for either of these guys to even make the team.

I have no expectations at all.

I don't think it has anything to do with ties to the regime. I am talking about what they flash on the field; both of these guys are "rookies" in terms of NFL playing time but have the advantage of spending an entire off season working out, participating in OTAs, etc.   I trust Bowles and Mac to be smart enough not to get caught up in whether they drafted a player but to instead look and see if said player can help this team.  

I find life easier if I lower my expectations, so I expect them to find their way to the stadium. Anything beyond that is icing on top.

In all seriousness though, if we can have just one of Evans or Enunwa be a legit contributor at WR3 or higher, sometime in the future, then that'll be a major win.

But, it's the Jets, and my life is very sad, so I expect nothing.

Come on man, cheer up! It's a new day!!

I expect nothing from them to be honest.  I am not an Idzik hater like most on this forum but his choices for WR in that last draft just STUNK.

Owusu has some potential, I think we draft at least one Wr this year, it will take a number of injuries for the guys you mentioned to have a shot.  I'll say one thing, they better have outstanding camps or they are history sooner than later.

We should have taken Bryant instead of Saunders, and then the Evans pick wouldn't have looked so bad, but by passing over the guy TWICE :face: .   

I expect nothing.

If we get something from them in the #5/#6 WR positions, great.

But having "expectations" for these kinds of players is, in my view, too much.

Why? We will be playing 3, 4 and even some 5 receiver sets.  There is also always the possibility of injuries.  Both of those guys are basically rookies, and have ability.  After Marshall, Decker and Kerley we need some depth.  My expectations are they will compete and have a legit chance to make the team. 

Come on man, cheer up! It's a new day!!

Hey, as long as I hold on to my pessimistic viewpoint, the lows don't seem as bad, and the highs are that much more exciting!

Although, my gut reaction IS to be super-excited. I'm just trying to level myself.

I expect nothing from them to be honest. I am not an Idzik hater like most on this forum but his choices for WR in that last draft just STUNK.

Owusu has some potential, I think we draft at least one Wr this year, it will take a number of injuries for the guys you mentioned to have a shot. I'll say one thing, they better have outstanding camps or they are history sooner than later.

I am an outspoken Idziot hater... and I also expect zilch.

Thw 2014 draft will go down as one of the worst Jets drafts ever.

Archived