Calling it now

jgb

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

decker marshall kerley amaro, Hell even Geno could push for the Chad Pennington award.

Expected Fitz to be the starter as soon as they signed Gailey.  He's an older/smarter player now than he was years ago in Buffalo.  He's a good player and all, but how sad is it that he's arguably the best QB the Jets have had in over a decade? 

Expected Fitz to be the starter as soon as they signed Gailey.  He's an older/smarter player now than he was years ago in Buffalo.  He's a good player and all, but how sad is it that he's arguably the best QB the Jets have had in over a decade? 

Fitz is starting. It is amusing to me that anyone thinks otherwise. Pretty obvious IMHO.

Fitz is starting. It is amusing to me that anyone thinks otherwise. Pretty obvious IMHO.

I'm absolutely SHOCKED if Geno starts, but pleasantly surprised if he legitimately earns it.  Also nice that if Geno plays like Geno...Fitz is starting by wk 4.

I can't believe anyone would be excited about Fitzpatrick. With him starting it just means we have no long term answer and no real hope until someone else comes along. To me this guy is about as exciting as putting my hopes in Blaine gabbert if he was on the jets. At least geno could still become something. Fitzpatrick just is what he is and I think people are kidding themselves if they expect him to come in and play really well.

I can't believe anyone would be excited about Fitzpatrick. With him starting it just means we have no long term answer and no real hope until someone else comes along. To me this guy is about as exciting as putting my hopes in Blaine gabbert if he was on the jets. At least geno could still become something. Fitzpatrick just is what he is and I think people are kidding themselves if they expect him to come in and play really well.

you are confusing disgust with geno with excitement about fitzpatrick

How could someone miss so many times in just one post?  Sweet Jumpin' Jesus!

Statistically Fitz is somewhere between a Kyle Orton and a Jay Fiedler. Tell me how to get fired up over that?  :indifferent0023:

Geno hate has driven sane people to become happy with mediocrity...

Easy.  Geno is so atrocious that mere competency is a quantum leap forward.

Statistically Fitz is somewhere between a Kyle Orton and a Jay Fiedler. Tell me how to get fired up over that?  :indifferent0023:

Mediocrity is better than what any of us have experienced the last 5 or so years

Mediocrity you say? Just got wood.

I know I'm going to get killed for this but I truly believe that Geno, if placed in a system that is is built more to his strengths (basically a spread with minimal progressions and simplified route trees) that relies on our skill guys being better than our opponents skill guys, will take us farther than Fitz.  I think the fumbling is coachable and I think the atrocious red zone efficiency was as much on Rex for his FG mentality as it was on Geno.  Put him with playmakers and with a HC/OC combo that plays to win instead of not to lose and I think he can be a consistent good performer.  

Ryan Fitzpatrick-- comeback player of year. 24tds, 11ints.

He had 17tds to 8 ints in 12 games last year. How does 24TDs to 11 ints get him a CPoY award? It's the same ratio. Good stats but he's gotta have a sh*tty year or a freak injury before he becomes the CPoY.

I know I'm going to get killed for this but I truly believe that Geno, if placed in a system that is is built more to his strengths (basically a spread with minimal progressions and simplified route trees) that relies on our skill guys being better than our opponents skill guys, will take us farther than Fitz. I think the fumbling is coachable and I think the atrocious red zone efficiency was as much on Rex for his FG mentality as it was on Geno. Put him with playmakers and with a HC/OC combo that plays to win instead of not to lose and I think he can be a consistent good performer.

I'm with you there. Wasn't his college offense similar to what Chan Gailey runs? I'm pretty sure it was n I think he will indeed have a break out year.

Geno Smith, most improved player of the year. 8 TDs, 24 INTs, 2 rushing td's

I know it didn't feel like it but he was actually 13 TDs and 13 Ints last year.  What killed him in my mind was the 5 fumbles.  If the coaches can work with him and figure out how to stop the fumbling + few more conversions in the red zone with Marshall and 1 more year of experience for Amaro, Geno officially goes from atrocious to mediocre.  Add in 300-400 rushing yds and the 6 rushing TDs he had as a rookie and I'd actually call that pretty good.

How much you wanna bet. If Geno and Fitz are the two (main) QBs on the roster this summer, only an idiot would start Fitz over Geno unless the latter faceplanted in camp. You should know why if you understand managing a roster and preparing for 2016.

When Fitzpatrick was with the Bills, 99% of posters on the board thought he was pure garbage and laughed at the Bills for starting such a lousy QB.

Now that he's wearing a Jets uniform, he will miraculously turn into the NFL's Comeback Player of the Year?

Fitzpatrick will be what he has always been, a mediocre QB with limited abilities.

Archived