Calling it now

jgb

When Fitzpatrick was with the Bills, 99% of posters on the board thought he was pure garbage and laughed at the Bills for starting such a lousy QB.

Now that he's wearing a Jets uniform, he will miraculously turn into the NFL's Comeback Player of the Year?

Fitzpatrick will be what he has always been, a mediocre QB with limited abilities.

Get lost, frontrunner.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much you wanna bet. If Geno and Fitz are the two (main) QBs on the roster this summer, only an idiot would start Fitz over Geno unless the latter faceplanted in camp. You should know why if you understand managing a roster and preparing for 2016.

So, after all the FA signings, the master plan is to punt the 2015 season?  Brilliant  

Jet fans have lost their minds!

Fitz is a mediocre QB with very limited abilities & won't last more than 2 games behind this Oline.

Geno had to run for his life quite a few times in situations where Fitz would have been squashed like a bug.

We need to draft another QB to challenge Geno.

Fitz is here in case Geno gets injured.

Depending on how dominant our D, run game and pass catchers are, Fitz can get us to the playoffs. Also, Special Teams was an underrated part of our previous playoff teams, they will also play a huge role in the success of our season.

Like previous posters stated, his numbers last year weren't terrible, so I doubt a slight increase leads to being Comeback Player of the Year.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

When Fitzpatrick was with the Bills, 99% of posters on the board thought he was pure garbage and laughed at the Bills for starting such a lousy QB.

Now that he's wearing a Jets uniform, he will miraculously turn into the NFL's Comeback Player of the Year?

Fitzpatrick will be what he has always been, a mediocre QB with limited abilities.

Not going to argue that Fitzpatrick is any better than mediocre...but let's not forget the ineptitude of his supporting cast while he was in Buffalo.

I'd take our current starters over what they had on the field every day of the week.

What is he coming back from? He played 12 games, was .500 for the first time in his career and it was his best statistical season. He basically had a career year last year.

True...but I still think you've been a poopoo head around here lately.

I just posted this in another thread but it looks like it belongs here too:

Football Outsider

http://www.footballo...d-interceptions

has a chart that shows Geno's adjusted interception rate was slightly superior to Fitz's, so go and figure.

Geno: attempted 366, int 13, 3.6%.......adjusted int 15, 4.1%

Fitz:    attempted 311, int 8,   2.6%.......adjusted int 13, 4.2%

How much you wanna bet. If Geno and Fitz are the two (main) QBs on the roster this summer, only an idiot would start Fitz over Geno unless the latter faceplanted in camp. You should know why if you understand managing a roster and preparing for 2016.

I eagerly await your apology

I'm not Fitzpatrick's biggest fan by any stretch, but Fitzpatrick >>>>>>>>>> Cassel

I just posted this in another thread but it looks like it belongs here too:

Football Outsider

http://www.footballo...d-interceptions

has a chart that shows Geno's adjusted interception rate was slightly superior to Fitz's, so go and figure.

Geno: attempted 366, int 13, 3.6%.......adjusted int 15, 4.1%

Fitz: attempted 311, int 8, 2.6%.......adjusted int 13, 4.2%

More ints acceptable if you get more tds in return. Td is 6.999 points, an int is negative 2-3 probably in expected value

He had 17tds to 8 ints in 12 games last year. How does 24TDs to 11 ints get him a CPoY award? It's the same ratio. Good stats but he's gotta have a sh*tty year or a freak injury before he becomes the CPoY.

When he leads jets to playoffs he will get award

In order to be an improvement over Geno, all FItzpatrick has to do is not lose games. That's it. He doesn't even have to make any big throws or attempt any heroics. So long as he doesn't actively make mistakes in big spots, he's significantly better than what the Jets have had the last five years.

Jet fans have lost their minds!

Fitz is a mediocre QB with very limited abilities & won't last more than 2 games behind this Oline.

Geno had to run for his life quite a few times in situations where Fitz would have been squashed like a bug.

We need to draft another QB to challenge Geno.

Fitz is here in case Geno gets injured.

Geno had to run for his life because he held the ball longer then any other QB.  Why?  cause he dumb as a stump.

Yes, Fitz is a Mediocre QB, no doubt, but that still makes him much better then Geno. 

Fitz can hold down the position until a new QB is drafted and ready to play.  He is only 32, has four to five years left.

He is also the best QB the Jets have had since Vinny, oh god thats so sad.

Lately? Unfair.

FWIW - Fitz still sucks.

Ok.....especially lately.

What moves would you like to see from here on out to get you to stop sounding like someone pee'd in your Cheerios?

In order to be an improvement over Geno, all FItzpatrick has to do is not lose games. That's it. He doesn't even have to make any big throws or attempt any heroics. So long as he doesn't actively make mistakes in big spots, he's significantly better than what the Jets have had the last five years.

Geno's rookie season with one of the worst rosters ever assembled, he won more games that season than Fitz has ever won in a single season.

Fitz doesnt win.  He's a career loser.  33-55.  Thats terrible.

Ok.....especially lately.

What moves would you like to see from here on out to get you to stop sounding like someone pee'd in your Cheerios?

I'm very happy with the offseason.  Getting Marshall and Revis!!!  Just all the others were meh and Fitz sucks. 

Geno had to run for his life because he held the ball longer then any other QB.  Why?  cause he dumb as a stump.

Yes, Fitz is a Mediocre QB, no doubt, but that still makes him much better then Geno. 

Fitz can hold down the position until a new QB is drafted and ready to play.  He is only 32, has four to five years left.

1. Geno held the ball too long because he was used in a complicated system that he had no experience with and lacked skill players

2. Healthy Pennington > Fitz.   Oh, and that Favre guy...   

WHAT? :face:

So, after all the FA signings, the master plan is to punt the 2015 season? Brilliant

I eagerly await your apology

Guess it was a stretch to think you two scientists could figure this one out, hey?

1) It's an understatement to say Fitz is a known commodity. He's an above-average bandaide. If he wasn't, he'd still be on one of the other 31 teams he's played for.

2) The WORST nightmare for Mac & co. is having to turn to Geno in december and watching Smith light it up. Do you have any idea the clusterfck that brings going into the 2016 offseason? Dust your head off.

3) If you start Geno in sept and he sucks, you can bench him after a couple weeks and never look back. Ride the bandaide consequence free and look at going after a franchise QB next year WITHOUT the scorn and curiosity of a red hot geno

I apologize for thinking you'd be able to put that together yourself.

Guess it was a stretch to think you two scientists could figure this one out, hey? 

1) It's an understatement to say Fitz is a known commodity. He's an above-average bandaide. If he wasn't, he'd still be on one of the other 31 teams he's played for.

2) The WORST nightmare for Mac & co. is having to turn to Geno in december and watching Smith light it up. Do you have any idea the clusterfck that brings going into the 2016 offseason? Dust your head off. 

3) If you start Geno in sept and he sucks, you can bench him after a couple weeks and never look back. Ride the bandaide consequence free and look at going after a franchise QB next year WITHOUT  the scorn and curiosity of a red hot 

I apologize for thinking you'd be able to put that together yourself. 

Temper, temper. Those awaiting the next Messiah since Joe Willy need to appreciate that having a competent "above-average bandaid" sure beats suffering a continuous string of atrocious never-was players at the position. No one is saying he is a long term answer, but he is a guy that can develop the skill players until the Anointed One finally arrives. He is John the Baptist, not Jesus.

I know I'm going to get killed for this but I truly believe that Geno, if placed in a system that is is built more to his strengths (basically a spread with minimal progressions and simplified route trees) that relies on our skill guys being better than our opponents skill guys, will take us farther than Fitz. I think the fumbling is coachable and I think the atrocious red zone efficiency was as much on Rex for his FG mentality as it was on Geno. Put him with playmakers and with a HC/OC combo that plays to win instead of not to lose and I think he can be a consistent good performer.

I'm one of the very few that agree.

Temper, temper. Those awaiting the next Messiah since Joe Willy need to appreciate that having a competent "above-average bandaid" sure beats suffering a continuous string of atrocious never-was players at the position. No one is saying he is a long term answer, but he is a guy that can develop the skill players until the Anointed One finally arrives. He is John the Baptist, not Jesus.

Are you dense or just that ignorant? It doesn't matter what you or I think of Fitz, cause it has nothing to do with Fitz. There is ZERO chance management risks putting themselves in a fcked up situation by having Geno look like the saviour in December. Get over it. They're going to let him play himself in or out of NY in sept...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When he leads jets to playoffs he will get award

JGB - I think its fair to say we differ on our opinions of Fitz.  But I have to say I love your posts simply to keep watching the Kyle Brady "We want Sapp" GIF.  Cracks me up every time.  Definite Jets Draft HOF material...  

Are you dense or just that ignorant? It doesn't matter what you or I think of Fitz, cause it has nothing to do with Fitz. There is ZERO chance management risks putting themselves in a fcked up situation by having Geno look like the saviour in December. Get over it. They're going to let him play himself in or out of NY in sept...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zero is a very low number. Amazing vitriol though. Please do keep it up.

JGB - I think its fair to say we differ on our opinions of Fitz.  But I have to say I love your posts simply to keep watching the Kyle Brady "We want Sapp" GIF.  Cracks me up every time.  Definite Jets Draft HOF material...  

Thanks. Reasonable minds can disagree, certainly. I would love nothing more than for Geno to seize the job with authority. I just don't see it though.

Archived