Ladies and Gentlemen Manish Mehta says Jets will go 8-8

FrankieJets1979

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

I agree, the Jets will be improved from last year.

5-7 wins at best.

10 wins is nothing more than an April pipedream.

Maybe...time will tell.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes they were...because the personnel was awful..this team spent $60 million on upgrades...they should be infinitely better than the 8 win team of two years ago.

Too many holes and new faces this year. Next year they might improve to an 8/11 win team but very very unlikely this year.

But we haven't even drafted yet, Manish.

I agree. most would hold off making predictions until after the Draft and wait a couple of days to see if there is any post draft trades. Them you might open your mouth after reviewing what every other Team has done this off season. I am watching ESPN and getting SICK  as Schlerith predicts records.  They must be related.

/  

Too many holes and new faces this year. Next year they might improve to an 8/11 win team but very very unlikely this year.

Could be the case, but if Bowles is the genius he's made out to be, he should be able to far exceed the production of Herm, Mangini and Rex as he has better players.  All of those coaches made the postseason in their first year IIRC.

Could be the case, but if Bowles is the genius he's made out to be, he should be able to far exceed the production of Herm, Mangini and Rex as he has better players.  All of those coaches made the postseason in their first year IIRC.

The Jets problem is the AFCE.

All 3 teams are better than the Jets.

If they go 1-5 or 2-4 in the division, they will never see the north side of .500

If they go 1-5 or 2-4 in the division, they will never see the north side of .500

Your opinion...mine is different....we'll know in about nine months.

If I'm Woody Johnson and Bowles/Mac tell me that my $60 million in spending will buy two extra wins.....not a good day.

Predicting records is nice intellectual masturbation but honestly who knows with an entirely new regime and rookie head coach how things will go?  I have a good feeling about Bowles, he seems to be a guy who really connects with his players while commanding their respect at the same time, and his defensive scheme seems eerily similar to Ryan's.  Cromartie said it was pretty much the same approach and philosophy on D and he would know.

I'm also cautiously optimistic that the Jets can be over .500 if Fitzpatrick can play in line with his career stats and have a TD:INT ratio >1.  That would be a huge improvement over what this organization has had the past 2 years.

8-8. With an improved secondary, the Jets will double their win total from last season. But uncertainty at quarterback, coupled with an improved AFC East, makes the playoffs out of the question in 2015. -- Rich Cimini

From ESPN article.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/166300/2015-nfl-regular-season-predictions#AFCE

Yeah. I am inclined to agree. Their is just too much adjusting and growing that this team is going to have to do. Bowles said in his press conference that the playoffs aren't going to happen over night. The last four games will really test the meddle of this team. God. I didn't realize how thin we were on linebackers! Holy S___ !

For the sake of posterity, what record will the Patriots have in 2015-2016 season?

On paper...

Jets are better than Buffalo and it's pretty close with Miami.

The Jets are a 4-12 football team with a new HC, new OC, new DC and still one of the worst QB situations in the NFL.

And you seriously think they will improve by 6 full games?

What is this amateur hour trollsh*t? Bring A game or bring silence.

On paper...

Agreed.

The Jets, at least under Woody Johnson, tend to have success in the first year of a new HC.  Herm, Mangini, and Rex all went to the playoffs in their first seasons in New York.

I think it's silly when people say 2 years ago we won 8 games so why can't we win more than that with this team? Or we were a 4 win team last year so it's impossible to improve by 6 games. Heading into last year many said "we won 8 last year and we added decker plus all those draft picks so we're improved we should win more than 8" It just doesn't work like that. Every single year is different in every sport but football more so than any. Let's see how the draft plays out, too early to start making predictions imo.

Until we get a brady, rodgers or manning, its all a moot point. We could get 8 or 10 wins. But we wont win the division let alone the super bowl w/ the qbs we have.

I think the d can be exciting and we will win some games, but the end result will be the same as its been since 1970.

I looked at the schedule and thought 7 wins. In reality I agree with Joe, - even if we get 8+ wins, unless we have a qb we are not winning the division or the SB.

Very early prediction, but I could see us winning 8-10 games this season. A lot of it depends on how good of a head coach Bowles is and how effective Gailey's offense will be.

Bringing up the 09 team or the 2013 team as comparison is questionable at best. 09 we had the best offensive line in the NFL and top 2-3 special teams which helped us win games. 2013 Rex (love him or hate him) coached his ass off, that was not an 8 win team talent wise.

We still have the draft too, adding a guy like Cooper to play the slot and face nickel corners would be a huge advantage and change the outlook on our passing game for example.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

On paper...

NFL games are not played on paper, they are played on the football field.

As of right now, the Jets are a 4-12 team, the Bills a 9-7 team and the Phins a 8-8 team.

Both the Bills and Phins are better teams.

- We haven't had the draft yet

- We haven't signed any UDFA's yet

- We haven't had any mini-camps yet

- We haven't had training camp yet

- We haven't seen what a Bowles/Rodgers defense looks like yet

- We haven't seen what Gailey is going to do with this offense yet

But the moronic media is going to predict the outcomes of games???  OK :animal0029:

They won 8 games two years ago with Geno Smith at QB, Antonio Cromartie with one good hip at CB1 and a horrendous rookie CB2 in Milliner.  This team is light years better than that team...spending $60 mil on a team that won 8 games 2 yrs ago has to result in at least 10 wins.

That is a horrible equation and makes no sense. Correlating a teams win total from 2 years ago + a spending spree guarantees nothing. Jet teams from 4-5 years ago had better depth.

Best Jets roster I've ever seen...fewer than 10 wins is a huge disappointment.

This roster is much better then the one Rex went 8-8 with in 2013 with a rookie Geno.. I agree with competent QB play 10 wins should be possible especially with Super Bowles as HC..

This roster is much better then the one Rex went 8-8 with in 2013 with a rookie Geno.. I agree with competent QB play 10 wins should be possible especially with Super Bowles as HC..

This roster is better than the two AFCCG rosters with the exception of the O-line.  Better QB play and Ivory instead of TJ should offset that.  O-line won't have to be absolutely perfect to score points...they just have to be good. 

This team is better at QB, RB, DL, WR, CBx1,000,000,000 and we haven't even hit the draft.  Getting a legit pass rushing OLBer puts them head and shoulders above those teams.

Seriously, if I'm Woody Johnson and my new GM/HC comes to me and says "Hey Woody, great news...that $60 million you just spent on upgrades just might get us two extra wins this season" then they're fired.

That 2013 Jet team beat two teams with winning records that year (one, NE in OT). 

That was not a team of overachievers, as some like to make them. They took advantage of a soft schedule, and beat 2 teams at the end of the year when there was not much on the line.

Archived