Bowles Reaction To The Schedule

KRL

Football is entertainment so it's nice if the HC could be engaging like you said.. I loved Mike Westoff's comments during interviews.. That's said Just win baby, of course the guy that said that Al Davis had a personalty..

If they guy wins, I dont even need to see his face.  And if he's just dry to the media but is much more intense and engaging behind closed door, perfect!  That could be a good change for the Jets.  

Wow, what a night and day difference form Rex. RR would have said that he expects the Jets to be undefeated at the bye, and how he's already preparing for the Pats

THIS. I remember someone saying JETS could win 13 games and REX responded.."    who's gonna beat us"???

What a douche he is.

Everyone could agree to that it just makes it more fun when the HC is also interesting as a person.. 

Exactly...god forbid your team is good and your coach is entertaining....oh the humanity!

I've never seen a single quote from a poster on here say they'd prefer a personable coach on a losing team over a boring coach for a winner....something tells me that's one of those things that never actually happened.

Parcells wasn't "PARCELLS" till well later in his career.

He certainly wasn't the big mouthed showy said-whatever-he-thought guy in his first year as an NFL Head Coach.

He's also a HOF Coach. Bowles is a rookie Coach.

Lets at least try and compare apples to apples here.

You're having two different conversations.

Everyone could agree to that it just makes it more fun when the HC is also interesting as a person.. 

If the ultra dull coach is .5% better of a coach than the fun one I'll take dull.  If I want a comic I'll go to a comedy club or watch politicians make blustery promises.  It's all about winning football games not talking about winning football games.

Well, there's that guy in New England. He's a barrel of laughs.

Honestly, I can't believe that there are actually posters here who believe that a coach's job is to provide entertainment for the fans. Really? That would be about 20th on my list of 20 coaching priorities. Somehow Bowles does a good job relating to his players and they respect him. I can only hope that some of you are just trolling to be provocative.

This is the Jets they're not winning a SB in my lifetime and we said (JiF) hopefully he does win because he's boring as ****.

Honestly, I can't believe that there are actually posters here who believe that a coach's job is to provide entertainment for the fans. Really? That would be about 20th on my list of 20 coaching priorities. Somehow Bowles does a good job relating to his players and they respect him. I can only hope that some of you are just trolling to be provocative.

Other then you who said that?? I think it's a plus if he is that's all,of course it's not a prerequisite for the job..  Bruce Coslet used to do press conferences by phone from his office rather then go to the conference room downstairs..

I understand why fans get excited about this stuff but what can a coach say except that we will play the schedule that is put in front of us?  I suppose a little griping could be in order if you lost a home game to London, or had a Thursday night game after a west coast game on Sunday night, but otherwise, I really wouldn't expect a coach to say a thing, which is exactly what Bowles did.

To me, the controlled intensity in Bowles expression is far more interesting than the insecure ramblings of a petty man.

Exactly...god forbid your team is good and your coach is entertaining....oh the humanity!

I've never seen a single quote from a poster on here say they'd prefer a personable coach on a losing team over a boring coach for a winner....something tells me that's one of those things that never actually happened.

Yeah, sure. I would suggest the coach win first, then be interesting. I can't think of anything more irritating than a losing coach that acts like a circus clown. Perhaps that works for you like a shiny lure for a dumb fish. So be it.

Other then you who said that?? I think it's a plus if he is that's all,of course it's not a prerequisite for the job..  Bruce Coslet used to do press conferences by phone from his office rather then go to the conference room downstairs..

Go back and check all the posters who are in high dudgeon because he bored them. Not all, but enough to merit the disbelief. And I should add that there are all kinds of "interesting."  Preacher coaches; arrogant a*hole coaches; sadistic coaches; oracular coaches; good ol boy coaches; thin skinned coaches, etc. They all provide media fodder and fan reactions. I'm personally for keeping things professional, avoiding making oneself/team/organization a target, focusing on the business of winning, and letting the media and fans guess ones intentions. Like Jim Brown said about endzone celebrations: "Act like you've been there before." Same goes for coaches.

Go back and check all the posters who are in high dudgeon because he bored them. Not all, but enough to merit the disbelief. And I should add that there are all kinds of "interesting."  Preacher coaches; arrogant a*hole coaches; sadistic coaches; oracular coaches; good ol boy coaches; thin skinned coaches, etc. They all provide media fodder and fan reactions. I'm personally for keeping things professional, avoiding making oneself/team/organization a target, focusing on the business of winning, and letting the media and fans guess ones intentions. Like Jim Brown said about endzone celebrations: "Act like you've been there before." Same goes for coaches.

I'm happy Bowles is the HC and think he may be the right guy to take the Jets where they haven't been since Supe III..

Sadly one of those people was Woody Johnson. Which is how we got the last 2 years of Rex Ryan. 

Archived