RB Todd Gurley is profiled on "Path to the Draft" tonight

ManCave Analyst

For those of you who have the NFL Channel , Todd Gurley is the prospect to be profiled tonight. Each night a draftee is the  subject of selected video  clips and player and sometime coach interviews. Mark Richt the UGA will also be on. Most coaches "Talk up" their players and I am not sure if this will be anything different. But, for those of you who don't watch multiple college games , especially the strong matchups, this is another source of info as you formulate your post. But not the only source.  

Not everyone who views or posts on this or other Team boards live in the city of the Team. So we get to watch different games locally broadcast. Even though I grew up in NJ and lived there for 25 years , I now live in the south and watch the SEC and ACC along with Nationally televised games.  It seems every 5-10 years  a player emerges with potential "Star Quality" ability like A. Luck, C. Johnson, or  A. Peterson. Years back when Texas played Okla. a Blockbuster RB matchup between Cedric Benson ( senior drafted by and failed in CIN )  against Adrian Peterson. was being advertised all week, so I like many others tuned in.  Benson was hyped to dominate Okla. Instead this kid with a troubled childhood dominated the game . I then tuned in to watch as many of his games to see if it was a fluke. We all know the rest about what he has done since.

Many of the analyst on TV  voice opinions and much is biased and often misleading.  I am not selling Todd Gurley. But, I do encourage you to think outside the box and consider Long Term Value.  It is my opinion after watching this prospect for 2yrs that he could be Truly Special,  I watched the game when he tore his ACL and felt sick for him. Up to that point he was a Heisman candidate and potential #1 pick in this Draft. And rightly so. Everything I read says his rehab and condition is ahead of schedule.

Next Wed or Thurs I am going to Post that we should draft /STEAL him with our pick. Don't  BLAST this selection yet, a lot will happen over the next week leading up to the draft. Apparently MIA is doing their homework and targeting  him too. I don't think it is a Smoke Screen.  This kid is Special.  So I challenge you all to not make child-like smartass posts. But, instead do a little research about the possible Edge Rushers, WR A. Cooper and Todd Gurley.

Let's change the Flavor of this Web Board and make it the best in SPORTS. One that other Fans tune in for info instead of non clever and insulting RANTS.  "It starts today with YOU".   

"Holy Crap". Now even ESPN's Todd McShay reads my posts and just adjusted his latest Mock Draft today on Roto World. and has the Jets taking Gurley.  Betting he  and Kiper will take up the topic today on InSider or NFL Live. They both say it is unwise to take a RB in the 1st round. I agree, except when a potential stud enters as a prospect. Msg to Mr, McShay, you owe me dinner. 

If Gurley is the next Adrian Peterson then you take him at #6.  The way the draft projects, he is more of a mid to late first round pick so you would think that a trade back even if its not a super big haul could be done.  The only thing is, how many times do we fill our heads with mocks and things will look only to see the GM's do something totally different?  I would drop down but not too much if he is the pick.  Anyone can grab him.  The Giants do stuff like that. Minnesota could look for AP's replacement. Cleveland has two picks and could grab him early and still get a a good WR at 19.  He is definitely someone that could change the face of our offense for years to come.

So, if Adrian Peterson was entering this year's Draft recovering from an ACL Tear , you wouldn't at least consider taking him ? All I am saying is I watched Gurley and Peterson play in college, multiple times. Not just highlight tape. And it is my opinion that they have Rare Talent. And deserve consideration reflective of their unique abilities when making a draft selection.   

Yahoo! Sports' Charles Robinson reports the "word on the street" is Georgia RB Todd Gurley will be a top-10 pick.

Specifically, Robinson expects Gurley to be picked in the 6-10 range. The Jets and Falcons at Nos. 6 and 8, respectively, would seem to be the most logical fits in that range, as ESPN's Todd McShay's most-recent mock draft released on Wednesday has the Jets taking Gurley at No. 6. Gurley reportedly received "two thumbs up" at his medical recheck in Indianapolis, adding more fuel to Gurley's already piping-hot draft stock. He's a lock to come off the board on Day 1.

So, if Adrian Peterson was entering this year's Draft recovering from an ACL Tear , you wouldn't at least consider taking him ? All I am saying is I watched Gurley and Peterson play in college, multiple times. Not just highlight tape. And it is my opinion that they have Rare Talent. And deserve consideration reflective of their unique abilities when making a draft selection.   

This is my point of view exactly.  I love Gurley, I do not want him at 6 but I wouldnt be mad if we took him.  That guy is a monster, i'd put him on the tier right below Peterson

Yahoo! Sports' Charles Robinson reports the "word on the street" is Georgia RB Todd Gurley will be a top-10 pick.

Specifically, Robinson expects Gurley to be picked in the 6-10 range. The Jets and Falcons at Nos. 6 and 8, respectively, would seem to be the most logical fits in that range, as ESPN's Todd McShay's most-recent mock draft released on Wednesday has the Jets taking Gurley at No. 6. Gurley reportedly received "two thumbs up" at his medical recheck in Indianapolis, adding more fuel to Gurley's already piping-hot draft stock. He's a lock to come off the board on Day 1.

Yep, that's what I saw almost 3 hours after my post. And no I don't have ESPN Insider nor did I steal the idea from a TV Analyst.  I am a Draftnik and football fan like you all and have been disappointed with some of  our picks in the past. The people who make these choices have much more info and resources than we have access to and still SCREW UP the SELECTION. I am just saying do your homework when formulating an opinion. And, it is not wrong to disagree with my on anyone else's opinion. But, it could be wrong to SLAM them for it.

Yep, that's what I saw almost 3 hours after my post. And no I don't have ESPN Insider nor did I steal the idea from a TV Analyst. I am a Draftnik and football fan like you all and have been disappointed with some of our picks in the past. The people who make these choices have much more info and resources than we have access to and still SCREW UP the SELECTION. I am just saying do your homework when formulating an opinion. And, it is not wrong to disagree with my on anyone else's opinion. But, it could be wrong to SLAM them for it.

Did you ever think of shortening your name to "Manalyst"?

Yep, that's what I saw almost 3 hours after my post. And no I don't have ESPN Insider nor did I steal the idea from a TV Analyst.  I am a Draftnik and football fan like you all and have been disappointed with some of  our picks in the past. The people who make these choices have much more info and resources than we have access to and still SCREW UP the SELECTION. I am just saying do your homework when formulating an opinion. And, it is not wrong to disagree with my on anyone else's opinion. But, it could be wrong to SLAM them for it.

I also saw Mcshay give his latest Mock on ESPN this morning.  He made the point that Gurley looks like he will be going in the top ten. Either 6 to us or 8 to the Falcons.  Things are definitely getting more interesting. 

I didn't slam you. 

I still want the edge rusher but if we do Gurley in the first, Eli Harold in round 2, the Tre McBride in round 3, BPA in round four with emphasis on OG/T, developmental types in round 7, than I would be a VERY happy camper. 

He could be great but I'd still be pissed if we took him. You can win with JAG RBs. Though of course maybe that trend will change at some point. But right now it feels like RB is a waste of a high draft pick (even if it's for a young AP). A good OL (and Scherff will be available) is a better option to build a strong running game. Though I don't necessarily want Scherff at #6 either (though wouldn't hate it). I really want one of the 2 QBs or else Amari Cooper (who prob won't be available). Glad we got that meaningless win against the fish week 17!

I'm not on the Gurley train for the #6 pick but as far as impact, other than MM or Winston, he could have the biggest impact on our team for foreseeable future. More so than one of the edge rushers and even more than Cooper or White.  We still need a QB to get the ball to Cooper and White and how many years does Ivory have left playing the way he does?  The problem is, if the Jets really want him in the first round more so than one of the the people mentioned before and can't pull off a trade, do they not take him because it's the #6 pick?  Just as reporters get "inside info", teams I'm sure have their own spies and are getting as much inside info as possible on other teams.  If there is a possibility of him being taken in the top 10 and we really want him then we may have no choice at #6.  Assuming his knee is fine as they have been saying then Gurley is right up there with Cooper as the "safest pick" to have in the top 10.

Question is are RB's in general not a top 10 pick anymore regardless of talent?

I'm not on the Gurley train for the #6 pick but as far as impact, other than MM or Winston, he could have the biggest impact on our team for foreseeable future. More so than one of the edge rushers and even more than Cooper or White.  We still need a QB to get the ball to Cooper and White and how many years does Ivory have left playing the way he does?  The problem is, if the Jets really want him in the first round more so than one of the the people mentioned before and can't pull off a trade, do they not take him because it's the #6 pick?  Just as reporters get "inside info", teams I'm sure have their own spies and are getting as much inside info as possible on other teams.  If there is a possibility of him being taken in the top 10 and we really want him then we may have no choice at #6.  Assuming his knee is fine as they have been saying then Gurley is right up there with Cooper as the "safest pick" to have in the top 10.

Question is are RB's in general not a top 10 pick anymore regardless of talent?

THIS.  Since we don't have that franchise QB, a guy like Gurley can totally change our offense.  I also would prefer the edge rusher as you can add a quality running back in rounds 3 or 4 but backs like Gurley don't come around that often. 

He could be great but I'd still be pissed if we took him. You can win with JAG RBs. Though of course maybe that trend will change at some point. But right now it feels like RB is a waste of a high draft pick (even if it's for a young AP). A good OL (and Scherff will be available) is a better option to build a strong running game. Though I don't necessarily want Scherff at #6 either (though wouldn't hate it). I really want one of the 2 QBs or else Amari Cooper (who prob won't be available). Glad we got that meaningless win against the fish week 17!

Rex says you're welcome. ;-)

All of these points of view are really good addressing our need and who you think is our pick. Right now I am just against moving up and paying a steep price. Would not  mind trading down depending how far and what we got . And like you I don't know the Jets Ranking Board. I did watch games of the 4 QBs and I am not impressed at 6 to take one of the top 2. But, if you are fine.  OLB Beasley performance at the combine intrigues me like the many other people. But, I didn't watch any of his games and I would appreciate if any of you have seen any of the Edge Rushing prospects play and give their opinion. 

Oh, so you saw him run and fill in for Gurley, too.  Quite impressive. The UGA does open holes to run, but, these 2 see the lane , burst thru, and shed tacklers. 

If Nick Cubb started the entire season, he breaks 2k last year, as a freshman.  He also rushed for 200 yards twice last year.  Gurley only rushed over 200 yards twice, in a 3 year career.

I love Gurley.  The guy is an amazing player.  I'm not taking him 6th overall. 

If Nick Cubb started the entire season, he breaks 2k last year, as a freshman.  He also rushed for 200 yards twice last year.  Gurley only rushed over 200 yards twice, in a 3 year career.

I love Gurley.  The guy is an amazing player.  I'm not taking him 6th overall. 

I can't disagree with that either.  I would love a QB to lead our Team , just don't see it. And I know we need an impact OT  and OLB who can rush, tackle,  and drop in coverage. , I like that you watch games and provide good info. Hopefully , someone else here will step up and give a good opinion on some of our prospects, too.

I just watched ESPN  Insiders and NFL Live and as expected Mel Kiper and Chris Mortensen think Gurley would be a luxury pick unless the thought is to run him to take pressure off of our weak QBs.  That is the reason for my post and when I heard on NFL AM, @ 6am, that Gurley will be on Path to the Draft tonight, I sent it will enjoying my morning coffee. I was planning this for next week originally. Coincidently it got legs in the media today from McShay . But, I still would make this pick.  

Just want to say that I love Gurley as a prospect, but the injury aspects scare me.   He injured his ACL with very little contact and he missed a few games in 2013.  Anyone can get injured once, but once there are two significant injuries, you become injury prone in my mind.

Would not take him in the first round because of it.

Archived