Anyone catch Draft Academy last night with Jim Harbaugh?

JustInFudge

Pretty interesting show.  Jim is just an awkward dude.

Anywho, he helps the QB's prepare for interviews with teams and he spends a good amount of time essentially role playing an interview with Jameis.  He asks him to describe himself, then he gives him some hard questions;

Were you ever disciplined in High School?

Jameis - yes, because I laughed at my coach for crying, he thought it was disrespectful so I had to miss a game.

Were you ever disciplined in College?

Jameis - yes, I missed the Clemson game because I stood up on a table and said something wrong.

How about any run ins with the police?

Jameis - yes, and he goes on to describe the "hunting squirrels" incident and completely leaves out the "crab legs" incident.

Harbaugh's assistant was like, did you really just leave the most infamous incident of your college career out?  Harbaugh's reactions are classic.

But, how big of a concern is it that he's completely glossed and acted like he forgot about the crab legs when the guy confronted him on it?  That and between almost getting benched by Jimbo in the National Championship game and then laughing at a coach who cried in High School....does this enhance your character concerns on him at all?  I know the kid gets good grades and all, but he's not all there. 

Here is of some the interview, not the whole thing:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12734629

I didn't see the show and I have no real opinion on Winston, but I certainly would have laughed at my coach crying in high school.  I mean not if it was about some family thing, but about football?  My Dad taught me football since I could crawl and neither one of us much liked that rah rah, life and death stuff.  It's football.  Go out there run fast and hit somebody.  Then again, I guess my dad is an insubordinate anti-establishment type.  Guess that is why he is a Jets fan. 

I've seen a couple interviews of Winston. He is definitely a cocky dude but he doesn't come across as a prick and he doesn't come across as dumb either.

Harbaugh is an intense dude but he's done a lot of charity work he built a school for orphans in Peru can't hate on the guy

I didn't see the show and I have no real opinion on Winston, but I certainly would have laughed at my coach crying in high school.  I mean not if it was about some family thing, but about football?  My Dad taught me football since I could crawl and neither one of us much liked that rah rah, life and death stuff.  It's football.  Go out there run fast and hit somebody.  Then again, I guess my dad is an insubordinate anti-establishment type.  Guess that is why he is a Jets fan. 

He didnt provide context but in general, laughing at your coach probably isnt a good thing.  

Either way, the thing that shocked me is that he didnt mention the crab legs and was all like, oh yeah I forgot about that when confronted on it. 

If I was Winston I would of at least played it off when asked why I didn't mention the crab legs. Something along the lines of "the entire nation knows about the crab legs situation so I didn't figure it was worth mentioning anymore" would have done the trick... Maybe the kid isn't so smart after all.

If I was Winston I would of at least played it off when asked why I didn't mention the crab legs. Something along the lines of "the entire nation knows about the crab legs situation so I didn't figure it was worth mentioning anymore" would have done the trick... Maybe the kid isn't so smart after all.

I just dont get how of all things, that's the one issue you just happen leave out of the interview.  Most people dont know about the hunting squirrels thingy.  EVERYONE knows about the crab legs.  And he acted like he forgot.  He was like, oh yeah, that...forgot about that.  haha.  bizarre. 

I just dont get how of all things, that's the one issue you just happen leave out of the interview. Most people dont know about the hunting squirrels thingy. EVERYONE knows about the crab legs. And he acted like he forgot. He was like, oh yeah, that...forgot about that. haha. bizarre.

My dad was watching with me, and he doesn't really follow college football but knows who Winston is and said "what about the crabs"

He didnt provide context but in general, laughing at your coach probably isnt a good thing.  

Either way, the thing that shocked me is that he didnt mention the crab legs and was all like, oh yeah I forgot about that when confronted on it. 

I had a coach in high school that showed up stinking of booze and his car never started after practice.  I laughed. 

My dad was watching with me, and he doesn't really follow college football but knows who Winston is and said "what about the crabs"

Exactly. You're a handsome man. Miss u.

I had a coach in high school that showed up stinking of booze and his car never started after practice.  I laughed.

Yeah but you are you so it doesn't count.

ok I'll admit it.  I don't know what the whole crab leg thing is about

He stole Crab Legs from Publix.  You never saw the Footage of him walking into Publix taking the legs and walking out?  Its all on camera.

So the interesting new twist in this story is in that interview w/ Harbaugh he went on to admit that he was "given" the Crab Legs for free and he kept using "we"...implying that the team got the hook up when ever they needed it.  Not a shock or anything but now Publix is adamantly denying that they were given out for free.  And ofcourse, now FSU is playing damage control trying to say it was an isolated incident with just Jameis even though he's saying "we" throughout the whole interview.

So not only did he forget to share that story, now the whole, is he a liar debate is wide open.  haha.  Dude is not all there. 

You never say these pics:

jameis-winston-crab-legs-meme-3.jpeg

Winston-crab-run.png

Miss you more. When are you coming up for a game. Back rubs on me

Highly considering coming up for the Jags game.  Got a couple of the my buddies who are die hard Jags want to go.  Start working those hands out.  

Pretty interesting show.  Jim is just an awkward dude.

Anywho, he helps the QB's prepare for interviews with teams and he spends a good amount of time essentially role playing an interview with Jameis.  He asks him to describe himself, then he gives him some hard questions;

Were you ever disciplined in High School?

Jameis - yes, because I laughed at my coach for crying, he thought it was disrespectful so I had to miss a game.

Were you ever disciplined in College?

Jameis - yes, I missed the Clemson game because I stood up on a table and said something wrong.

How about any run ins with the police?

Jameis - yes, and he goes on to describe the "hunting squirrels" incident and completely leaves out the "crab legs" incident.

Harbaugh's assistant was like, did you really just leave the most infamous incident of your college career out?  Harbaugh's reactions are classic.

But, how big of a concern is it that he's completely glossed and acted like he forgot about the crab legs when the guy confronted him on it?  That and between almost getting benched by Jimbo in the National Championship game and then laughing at a coach who cried in High School....does this enhance your character concerns on him at all?  I know the kid gets good grades and all, but he's not all there. 

Here is of some the interview, not the whole thing:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12734629

The crab legs were Jameis Winston's most infamous incident in his college career?

I'm considering coming up for that game too but can you count me out on whatever freaky deaky sh*t you are planning with JiF?

I'm mean, I'll be all over Joe's tailgate for the food but....

Let me know what the plan is, we can get together for a few beers the night before. Joe does a great thing you're gonna have a blast.

I have never seen a bigger deal made about a stolen bag of frozen food. Holy Jesus you people are crazy.

It's not just about a frozen bag of food.

It about the fact that Winston didn't consider to be an issue. It's also about his story about being handed free stuff at Publix like it was a normal thing. 

There's are a bunch of red flags with this kid. 

I have never seen a bigger deal made about a stolen bag of frozen food. Holy Jesus you people are crazy.

Its not a big deal.  The big deal was he conveniently left out his most infamous run in with the police in an interview that was broadcasted on ESPN.  He then turned into a "we" thing, claimed we got them for free and Publix is adamantly denying it.

So now the question is; is he a rapist, a criminal, a moron....and a liar???

It's not just about a frozen bag of food.

It about the fact that Winston didn't consider to be an issue. It's also about his story about being handed free stuff at Publix like it was a normal thing.

There's are a bunch of red flags with this kid.

Oh I get it. So that plus false rape accusation means he's Ryan Leaf now.

Its not a big deal.  The big deal was he conveniently left out his most infamous run in with the police in an interview that was broadcasted on ESPN.  He then turned into a "we" thing, claimed we got them for free and Publix is adamantly denying it.

So now the question is; is he a rapist, a criminal, a moron....and a liar???

Yes and I am glad he will be a bust for the Bucs and not us. 

Yes and I am glad he will be a bust for the Bucs and not us. 

Dude can sling a Football...who knows but it just seems every step he takes, red flags about his character start waving.

He really had a scooter?

haha.  I think this is the one thing college's can get away with giving their student athletes.  All the Football and Basketball players rode Scooters around campus at UF.  I imagine FSU is the same. 

The best is when Max Starks played for the Gators and I was in school and you would see him on Scooter riding around campus.  6'8, 345.  Looked like he was riding a Big Wheel and not a Scooter.

Laughing at anybody who is in a position of authority in your life is dumb.  Laughing at the guy who decides whether you play in the next game is dumber.  Consistently weak judgment by this guy.  Luckily, we are not the ones who have to agonize over the decision to draft him.

Archived