Hardy suspended 10 games

LockeJET

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, isn't that grand? Just in time for their game against the Jets!

Actually 3-4 weeks before the Cowboys play the Jets. Enough time for him to be in beast-mode shape.

Pretty sure he can't even practice. That's something I guess.

It's like this. I am not an expert on how often fabrication happens BUT from what i have been told from people who are in this field it is happening a lot more often than it used to say two decades ago. So i will take their word for that.

In this case for me it just did not pass the smell test. Just my opinion. The more i read about it the more it looked like someone on a gold digging mission which turns out was successful.

Your expert friends are retards. Sorry. The false report rate for index felonies has been 2% since forever.

Even 1 false report is one too many, If say someday you happen to be at the business end of a false report than that measly 2% stat might not pale into insignificance.

tumblr_lhneeoFDWH1qdikhoo1_500.gif

I wasn't there.. none of us were, so all this talk of whether it was a false accusation or not can NEVER be proven 100%.  But the standard burden of proof in criminal law is not 100% proof or even "beyond the shadow of a doubt".  The standard is "beyond a reasonable doubt", which is what the judge in the first trial did not have after hearing the evidence.  We can only make a guess as to whether, upon re-trial, a jury would have had a reasonable doubt or not.  Hardy paid her off so as not to have to put his fate in the hands of 12 citizens.  Smart move by him, I think.

One thing we know for a fact:  The woman was bruised and Hardy did indeed have a freaking massive and impressive arsenal of weapons (turned over to authorities). http://thebiglead.com/2014/05/16/greg-hardy-had-an-arsenal-of-weapons-straight-out-of-a-movie/   Those two facts (among the few established facts that exist) give me very little doubt as to Hardy's culpability here.  But I wouldn't have been a juror.

I thought you put me on ignore.

Once he asked for the jury trial the bench trial judgement is vacated. So legally it's like it never existed.

If the "victim" was so hell bent on getting justice why did she settle for money.

And the system is so skewed that even innocent guys have to end up paying money. Kobe had to pay money as well even though the case never went to trial.

So sorry to upset your mainstream,  PC world, but the reality here looks likes it's different. Off course if you are guy you never get the benefit of the doubt.

i bet a lot of people would settle for a couple million (the actual $ isn't known) vs testify too, doesn't mean the "victim" was lying for money.

She might have asked an idiot like you to do it. Too easy to find guys who would go to any lengths to bend over for a woman.

I hear ya and absolutely hate this. The last time a women asked me to beat the sh*t out of her for a scam I just said no. I've been burned too many times where they don't "feel" like putting out after because she's sore or she wants to submit it for evidence now. Typical woman stuff

http://blackandbluereview.com/hardy-quotes/

He has a point. You can call a preliminary hearing a 'bench trial' if you want to, but if you have the right to a jury trial and haven't had one then it's not a real conviction. I saw on PFT that he's applying for expungement, which you can't generally do for DV stuff and violent felonies most places so it's definitely some sort of conviction lite.

I am pretty sure it was a bench trial.  He was convicted and then appealed and requested a jury.  It wasn't a preliminary hearing.  I'm not exactly sure how Carolina works, but it did happen pretty quick.  He was sentenced to a 60 day suspended sentence and some other stuff.  You have a right to a jury trial, but you have to request one.  Evidently he didn't at the first stage.

He can practice and even play in preseason games.

I don't think he can practice for the duration of the suspension - meaning during the first 10 weeks of the season.

I hear ya and absolutely hate this. The last time a women asked me to beat the sh*t out of her for a scam I just said no. I've been burned too many times where they don't "feel" like putting out after because she's sore or she wants to submit it for evidence now. Typical woman stuff

I just hope you have a day job.

I will leave you with this.

i bet a lot of people would settle for a couple million (the actual $ isn't known) vs testify too, doesn't mean the "victim" was lying for money.

Yup, yup always give the benefit of the doubt to a woman.  Men are evil and woman are always innocent. The tragedy in the he said, she said scenario with no evidence  or flimsy evidence is that the woman's word trumps that of the guy. So even without evidence more than the he said, she said it proven beyond reasonable doubt in the mind of the judge that the guy is guilty and she walks away with a lot more money than she might ever have seen in her life and heck she is still the victim.

Yup, yup always give the benefit of the doubt to a woman.  Men are evil and woman are always innocent. The tragedy in the he said, she said scenario with no evidence  or flimsy evidence is that the woman's word trumps that of the guy. So even without evidence more than the he said, she said it proven beyond reasonable doubt in the mind of the judge that the guy is guilty and she walks away with a lot more money than she might ever have seen in her life and heck she is still the victim.

Dude, you are dealing with more than one thing. 

The judge deals with reasonable doubt and convicted Hardy.  It was not on the flimsy evidence.  There was a picture of all the guns, there was another witness who heard, but didn't see what happened, etc.  They were misdemeanor charges, which I guess is why it happened so quickly.

The money comes from the civil suit - that requires preponderance of evidence.  Don't you remember all this sh*t after OJ was acquitted and then lost the civil suit?  I am not sure why the victim has to be "hellbent on justice" but there is/was evidence of a settlement which persuaded her not to testify.  Why should she value Hardy getting time or punishment over the dollar?  How does his getting put away or losing more time from football help her?  She has an order of protection.  If he honors that and she gets money it seems like the best she will do, IMO.

That's ignoring all the sexist he said/she said bullsh*t.

Yep...so he's going to return to Football basically after a year in a half off.

And the Cowboys will be getting him just in time for the playoff push, fresh and probably ready to eat someone. 

Yes, because a year and a half off of football is a recipe for success for a pass-rusher.  He won't be a factor whatsoever.  He cost himself 2 years of football and rightly so. 

The judge deals with reasonable doubt and convicted Hardy. It was not on the flimsy evidence. There was a picture of all the guns, there was another witness who heard, but didn't see what happened, etc. They were misdemeanor charges, which I guess is why it happened so quickly.

That is flimsy evidence. Yes, there were guns. So what does that prove. He assaulted her ? There was no eye witness. So a witness says she heard her fall. How do you corroborate that ? How was she sure based on hearing that the person indeed fell and if she could somehow magically do that than how could she tell that the person falling was the "victim". And believe it on not this is the best evidence the prosecution had. There is no way you convict a man 'beyond reasonable doubt' based on the flimsy evidence presented. BUT the judge IIRC  was a woman and all these arguments found a sympathetic ear against the accused who happened to be accused while having a penis.

In this specific case it's sounds more and more like a gold digger getting her way while the guy walks away with a tainted name, adversely impacted career and a lighter wallet. Period.

Fell/was body slammed.  Tomato/tomahto.

Christina Lawrence, an uptown bartender, was in a bedroom with one of Hardy’s friends when she said she heard arguing, scuffling and someone being slammed into a wall. She said she heard a woman say, “What are you going to do, break my arm?” (Later, Holder testified to those very words when she said Hardy grabbed her.)

Lawrence said she ran barefoot from the apartment looking for help, and she can be heard shouting in the background of the security guard’s call to 911.

I just hope you have a day job.

I will leave you with this.

Great video from what appears to be a solid news network, proving incontrovertibly rape is basically a myth. I'm with you man. I think the woman in this case should be executed by firing squad, Greg Hardy can easily supply enough rifles. The judge who found him guilty off such silly evidence should face disbarment at minimum.

Great video from what appears to be a solid news network, proving incontrovertibly rape is basically a myth. I'm with you man. I think the woman in this case should be executed by firing squad, Greg Hardy can easily supply enough rifles. The judge who found him guilty off such silly evidence should face disbarment at minimum.

There you go. It has always got be at the extremes of each end of the spectrum. I am glad you have a day job because you sure as hell are not cutting it as a comedian.

There you go. It has always got be at the extremes of each end of the spectrum. I am glad you have a day job because you sure as hell are not cutting it as a comedian.

No job. I sit home all day watching HLN coverage, forming my opinions. Love Nancy Grace

Fell/was body slammed.  Tomato/tomahto.

Arguing does not mean assault. I knew about all of this before i made my first statement in this thread. I have had discussions with people who are experts in this legal field about this case and nothing here from what i have been told has any legal validity. There is no eye witness. There is no way to corroborate that the noise was a woman being slammed against a wall. Still he was found guilty by a woman judge and immediately his legal help sought a jury trial. This is more reflective of our legal system that a guy is guilty until proven innocent.

And its not that I am condoning sexual assault in any way. I do understand there are lot of women who are real victims to crime's of sexual nature. But in this case  it is just a gold digger who had her cake and ate it too.

Yup, yup always give the benefit of the doubt to a woman. Men are evil and woman are always innocent. The tragedy in the he said, she said scenario with no evidence or flimsy evidence is that the woman's word trumps that of the guy. So even without evidence more than the he said, she said it proven beyond reasonable doubt in the mind of the judge that the guy is guilty and she walks away with a lot more money than she might ever have seen in her life and heck she is still the victim.

Just wow.

Arguing does not mean assault. I knew about all of this before i made my first statement in this thread. I have had discussions with people who are experts in this legal field about this case and nothing here from what i have been told has any legal validity. There is no eye witness. There is no way to corroborate that the noise was a woman being slammed against a wall. Still he was found guilty by a woman judge and immediately his legal help sought a jury trial. This is more reflective of our legal system that a guy is guilty until proven innocent.

And its not that I am condoning sexual assault in any way. I do understand there are lot of women who are real victims to crime's of sexual nature. But in this case  it is just a gold digger who had her cake and ate it too.

The judge, right or wrong, viewed the evidence and testimony as sufficient to remove reasonable doubt.  Hardy appealed as is his right to do in order to get a jury trial instead of the bench trial.  Rather than let his fate rest in the hands of 12 (if that's the correct number in that state) jurors, he elected to buy his way out.  Or maybe she elected to give him an opportunity to buy himself out.  Again, we don't know how the jurors would have regarded the evidence and testimony.  From what I've seen and read about it, there was a very strong likelihood he would have been convicted.  Once again, the burden of proof is not beyond the shadow of a doubt, but rather beyond a reasonable doubt.  Her injuries, the witness testimony as to what she heard in the next room, the terroristic threats that Hardy made in the past and his private arsenal, enough to overtake Fort Knox, would be enough for me.  

The judge, right or wrong, viewed the evidence and testimony as sufficient to remove reasonable doubt.  Hardy appealed as is his right to do in order to get a jury trial instead of the bench trial.  Rather than let his fate rest in the hands of 12 (if that's the correct number in that state) jurors, he elected to buy his way out.  Or maybe she elected to give him an opportunity to buy himself out.  Again, we don't know how the jurors would have regarded the evidence and testimony.  From what I've seen and read about it, there was a very strong likelihood he would have been convicted.  Once again, the burden of proof is not beyond the shadow of a doubt, but rather beyond a reasonable doubt.  Her injuries, the witness testimony as to what she heard in the next room, the terroristic threats that Hardy made in the past and his private arsenal, enough to overtake Fort Knox, would be enough for me.  

You must not have a penis.

That's the thing. I am not saying that Hardy is pious, simple human being with no idiocy in his behavior. But he is was not convicted of being an idiot. That beyond reasonable doubt benchmark is not met with the evidence presented by the prosecution.

It's another thing that guys have been punished of sexual assault without any linking physical evidence just based on the 'she said so she must be right' standard. SO if you say men have being convicted with a lot less evidence does not make it right.

That's the thing. I am not saying that Hardy is pious, simple human being with no idiocy in his behavior. But he is was not convicted of being an idiot. That beyond reasonable doubt benchmark is not met with the evidence presented by the prosecution.

It's another thing that guys have been punished of sexual assault without any linking physical evidence just based on the 'she said so she must be right' standard. SO if you say men have being convicted with a lot less evidence does not make it right.

The judge who found him guilty only graduated Harvard law Magna Cum Laude. Losing real faith in the justice system that a district court judge has a lesser understanding of reasonable doubt than a Jets fan from Denver.

The judge who found him guilty only graduated Harvard law Magna Cum Laude. Losing real faith in the justice system that a district court judge has a lesser understanding reasonable doubt than a Jets fan from Denver.

Yup. If only i knew that before. It's not like Harvard graduates have ever been accused of doing something wrong.

Archived