Hardy suspended 10 games

LockeJET

he was doing 140 mph in a residential area. He turned his lights off to evade police, guns and minor in the car.  

Hendidnt kill anyone was just by chance.  Lucky someone wasn't crossing the street when he sped by at 140 mph.

if he killed a person.... Then who's worse???  

but he didnt kill anyone. if, if if. if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. i mean seriously......if he killed someone he would be charged with involuntary manslaughter. but it didnt happen. if you kill someone while driving drunk you are in a world of sh*t. if you just get caught driving drunk you losre your license for 6 months. so shoudl we judge everyone who drives drunk in a much harsher manner because they COULD have hit someone??? 

by this thinking anyone who has driven while drunk should be thought just as terrible as the prson who actually killed someone while driving drunk. and since a majority of us have driven drunk at least one time then we are all piece of sh*t who almost killed people

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but he didnt kill anyone. if, if if. if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. i mean seriously......if he killed someone he would be charged with involuntary manslaughter. but it didnt happen. if you kill someone while driving drunk you are in a world of sh*t. if you just get caught driving drunk you losre your license for 6 months. so shoudl we judge everyone who drives drunk in a much harsher manner because they COULD have hit someone??? 

by this thinking anyone who has driven while drunk should be thought just as terrible as the prson who actually killed someone while driving drunk. and since a majority of us have driven drunk at least one time then we are all piece of sh*t who almost killed people

Dude what are you talking about? Drunk driving is egregious. Regardless of the outcome. It's never ok. Whether or not you kill someone is almost inconsequential. If you get behind the wheel drunk, you're putting other people at risk, 100% of the time. So yes, you're a POS. 

Dude what are you talking about? Drunk driving is egregious. Regardless of the outcome. It's never ok. Whether or not you kill someone is almost inconsequential. If you get behind the wheel drunk, you're putting other people at risk, 100% of the time. So yes, you're a POS. 

did i say it was ok? i said most of us have done it at least once when we were young and stupid. and yes, the outcome of your actions in life is consequential. 

no the police clocked him several times.  he was racing another car

larz, I think you missed the point. its just another example of how people exaggerate to try and get their point across. Sheldon was not driving 140 mph in a residential area, it was on the highway. there weren't guns in the car, it was 1 legal gun, which has little to do with nothing. as was the fact he was clocked 3 times. which is basically only once, just pulled the trigger on the radar gun 3 times.

While I agree that Richardson's actions were egregiously negligent, that is qualitative different than literally assaulting someone and threatening them with death. The fact that Hardy as no remorse for his actions does not speak well to his capacity for rehabilitation. He'll do it again, probably while he's on the Cowboys' roster. Jerry will have a fun time squirming out that one.

Theyre not close to the same thing. 

Hardy was trying to beat the shlt out of her, wanted to hurt her and given and could have killed her through his actions.  Sheldon wasnt thinking, wasnt trying to hurt anyone.  He could of but it wasnt his intent.  

I respect both you guys but I am looking at it as if Sheldon hit someone in the car. He could EASILY have.

I agree Hardy is worse but what Sheldon did is fukked up.  If he hit a woman in the car crossing the street what would you say then?  His behavior is the same, but an innocent person was killed. the behavior was negligent and could have easily resulted in death.

larz, I think you missed the point. its just another example on how people exaggerate to try and get their point across. Sheldon was not driving 140 mph in a residential area, it was on the highway. there weren't guns in the car, it was 1 legal gun, which has little to do with nothing. as was the fact he was clocked 3 times. which is basically only once, just pulled the trigger on the radar gun 3 times.

Yes...you are right. 140 MPH, gun in car, minor child in car, headlights off evading police, marijuana smell in car.  Lets look the other way. 

larz, I think you missed the point. its just another example of how people exaggerate to try and get their point across. Sheldon was not driving 140 mph in a residential area, it was on the highway. there weren't guns in the car, it was 1 legal gun, which has little to do with nothing. as was the fact he was clocked 3 times. which is basically only once, just pulled the trigger on the radar gun 3 times.

yeah but you can't minimize what he did either.  this was his response to being suspended for smoking weed

and we found out about it the same way maccagnan did, hours after he declared he would not be in the headlines again

he is a child until proven otherwise

Yes...you are right. 140 MPH, gun in car, minor child in car, headlights off evading police, marijuana smell in car.  Lets look the other way. 

this seems to be your narrative, but its not what I am saying at all. anytime someone disagrees with your exaggerations, this is all you come back with

yeah but you can't minimize what he did either.  this was his response to being suspended for smoking weed

and we found out about it the same way maccagnan did, hours after he declared he would not be in the headlines again

he is a child until proven otherwise

that's the key word here. childish, immature, reckless. whatever you want to call it. and I don't think you will find many that disagree with that. but that's not where this discussion was headed. it was headed where hardy and Richardson where basically one and the same. just not the case

that's the key word here. childish, immature, reckless. whatever you want to call it. and I don't think you will find many that disagree with that. but that's not where this discussion was headed. it was headed where hardy and Richardson where basically one and the same. just not the case

agreed his mistakes were non-violent and in an entirely different category than hardy.   its weird how every thread comes down to jets self loathing

you could start a thread about any NFL player, and 2 pages in its a debate about which jets player sucks more, pennington or geno, lol

Hardy is just a lowlife person. Richardson has shown he makes dumb decisions and comments so far is the difference

They're both assholes who can get away with it because they're still good at football. Sheldon I thought should be done with football when the report came out 2 hours after his BS apology to the team, but Hardy is on a different level. He should just get put down. The common theme is these idiots don't learn cause real consciences are non existent to them. Guys like Jerry Jones will still right you a fat check and laud your leadership ability.

No.  The key words here are "child in the car".  Spin it any way you like.  But for that reason alone, the guy is a POS in my book.

You know who else is a POS?  The kid's father.  

No.  The key words here are "child in the car".  Spin it any way you like.  But for that reason alone, the guy is a POS in my book.

You know who else is a POS?  The kid's father.  

I am not spinning anything. I am just trying to straighten out another posters spin

while I agree about the child, its really the only thing that angers me about the event, the prosecuting attorney is the real POS here

I respect both you guys but I am looking at it as if Sheldon hit someone in the car. He could EASILY have.

I agree Hardy is worse but what Sheldon did is fukked up.  If he hit a woman in the car crossing the street what would you say then?  His behavior is the same, but an innocent person was killed. the behavior was negligent and could have easily resulted in death.

So speeding is the same as abusing a women?? In that case a CPA lying on a tax return is the same as a mass murderer..LOL

So speeding is the same as abusing a women?? In that case a CPA lying on a tax return is the same as a mass murderer..LOL

not what I said...   Reading an issue in Naples???  What if he killed someone while his lights were off evading police?

I guess if he shot a gun in a mall but missed you'd be OK...no one got hurt. 

not what I said...   Reading an issue in Naples???  What if he killed someone while his lights were off evading police?

anyone who drives a car with poor brakes or bad tires is in the same boat too then i guess. both are putting people lives at risk by their behavior

The whole thing is intent as in did he intend to hurt anyone?? The answer is NO, now did Hardy intend to hurt his GF? The answer is yes.. I hope I made that so simple that even a CPA can understand the difference..:)

The whole thing is intent as in did he intend to hurt anyone?? The answer is NO, now did Hardy intend to hurt his GF? The answer is yes.. I hope I made that so simple that even a CPA can understand the difference..:)

what was his intent, a minor, marijuana, 140mph.  Yes.... All good intentions.

you are excusing criminal deadly behavior....   what have I missed?

Where have I exaggerated?

geez, I dunno. maybe the fact that you stated he was racing thru a residential area to the tune of 140 mph? last time I checked, nobody died, so your comment above is also a major exaggeration. the fact that you used guns in your rant is another exaggeration. all of these off of 1 page of the thread

anyone who drives a car with poor brakes or bad tires is in the same boat too then i guess. both are putting people lives at risk by their behavior

or the idiots who text while they drive down the highway. exact same intent. lock em up for life!!!

HIS GUN WAS LEGALLY REGISTERED. Just because you don't like guns, doesn't mean what he was doing was illegal.  Also, you know how many people in Texas drive with a gun in their car? Freaking half the state.  At the same token, it seems like you would find anyone who has a gun in their house as well as children should be held accountable of a crime.

Do you even know how long it takes to stop a car in a residential neighborhood driving a car that fast?  Yes, it's considerable longer than if you were driving the speed limit, but assuming you're driving 30 mph and you take into consideration the deceleration in feet per second (assuming for our sake a reasonable coefficint of frictional) as well as the driver reaction time, it's roughly 100 feet and then 130+ feet for 35 mph etc. all of which are still too fast to avoid any object that jumps out in front of you... the hypothetical innocent civilian of yours.  So was Sheldon wrong and being a dumbass? Absolutely. Is he remorseful? Probably not. Will he do it again? Maybe not that specifically, but something just as dumb.  Is this as bad as intentionally beating the sh*t out of a woman? F*ck no. Not even close. Hardy intentionally abused a woman. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but stick to the facts. 

I get what youre saying, the results could have wound up the same.  Only thing is to me when you swing at a chics face and youre Hardys size you know whats going to happen to her.  When Sheldon went out for his ride he wasnt planning on hurting anyone and fortunately for all nothing happened.  

HIS GUN WAS LEGALLY REGISTERED. Just because you don't like guns, doesn't mean what he was doing was illegal.  Also, you know how many people in Texas drive with a gun in their car? Freaking half the state.  At the same token, it seems like you would find anyone who has a gun in their house as well as children should be held accountable of a crime.

Do you even know how long it takes to stop a car in a residential neighborhood driving a car that fast?  Yes, it's considerable longer than if you were driving the speed limit, but assuming you're driving 30 mph and you take into consideration the deceleration in feet per second (assuming for our sake a reasonable coefficint of frictional) as well as the driver reaction time, it's roughly 100 feet and then 130+ feet for 35 mph etc. all of which are still too fast to avoid any object that jumps out in front of you... the hypothetical innocent civilian of yours.  So was Sheldon wrong and being a dumbass? Absolutely. Is he remorseful? Probably not. Will he do it again? Maybe not that specifically, but something just as dumb.  Is this as bad as intentionally beating the sh*t out of a woman? F*ck no. Not even close. Hardy intentionally abused a woman. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but stick to the facts. 

I have a conceal carry, I live in the south,I bring a gun with me "sometimes". I know the laws very well.  Ill leave this alone. I guess we will have to wait until he runs someone over to get you to see his illegal behavior was almost as bad as beating a woman.  

From the district attorney...

“There were no drugs found in the car, but anybody who takes a look at the situation knows what’s going on there,” Lohmar said. “The odor, according to the officer, was such that it was a fresh odor. The weed had just burned. I think you can reasonably assume that had been taken place while they were driving and somewhere between that and the time they were pulled over whatever was in the car was thrown from the car. We don’t know that, obviously.”

From that alone, if the pot wasnt discarded at 140 MPH, is a felony and automatic jail time. Smoking pot, minor, gun in car is criminal , negligent and homicidal behavior.

I get what youre saying, the results could have wound up the same.  Only thing is to me when you swing at a chics face and youre Hardys size you know whats going to happen to her.  When Sheldon went out for his ride he wasnt planning on hurting anyone and fortunately for all nothing happened.  

Fair enough....  but some chics deserve it.  :P

of course a joke.

Even our courts recognize a distinct difference between a criminally negligent act that put others at risk of harm and an intentional act that actually causes another harm, and with the intention of doing great harm or murdering another.

Sheldon was negligent and dumb, a place many have found themselves at one time or another, and in particular before their 25th birthday (I think he was 23?). Yes, he was both of these to a greater degree than most of us, but his crime was one of negligence, regardless. It is also one that could likely turn out to be a one time mistake, one that he'd learn from and not repeat.

Hardy intended to hurt and maybe kill that woman at that moment. And he had done it before. And without counseling (and maybe even with counseling) he and others like him are extremely likely to do it again given the chance. And he also acted and enlisted others to act to cover it up - he knows it is wrong.

Wouldn't invite either of them into my home, but there are stadiums full of difference in their behavior.

Sent from my Venue 7 3730 using Tapatalk

hardy basically apologized on twitter

doesn't sound like lying gold digger does it ?

In a series of posts on Twitter on Saturday night, Hardy also said he is grateful still to be playing in the NFL.

Hardy was arrested on charges of attacking and threatening his former girlfriend, Nicole Holder, in 2014. The tweets come a day after Deadspin made public photos showing multiple bruises all over the body of Holder. The photos also show Hardy with marks on his face.

Archived