Most important Jet player 2015?

Jetster

Nick Folk!

When your strength is defense every game will be close & your FG kicker becomes a really important PC to the puzzle.

You look at the Patriots & how many close games they win because of Gostkowski.

Folk could be the difference from 7-9 to 10-6 easily.

I have a feeling our defense will have a few of those "overwhelming" games where we create TOs & turn them into quick scores.

The law of averages has to turn for the Jets regarding creating TOs. Last year was insane how the ball bounced for the opposition, in Kansas City a tipped ball turned into a TD, Pats fumbles bounced right back to them, we probably dropped 8-10 interceptions, it was crazy.

Just replacing stone hands, fused neck Wilson with Skrine probably adds 3-4 picks.

Back to Nick Folk though, we need a career year from that strange dude.

Hope his hip healed.

Whoever the QB is.  If they have a positive TD/Int ratio I think we may have a better than expected season.

The QB is always a given. I think we have so many games next year vs mediocre QBs where the difference will be on defense, special teams, FGs & punts.

Jets HAVE to get some picks & strip sacks to beat Indy, Pats, Cowboys. You beat good teams by having your play makers make plays!

Does anyone honestly believe we lose to that Vikings team on the road with the secondary we have now?

That was embarrassing letting Bridgewater beat us in overtime.

Folk will be huge again this year. Actually if you look at 2013 Nick Folk single handedly saved Rex Ryans job. That 8-8 record could easily be attributed to Folk.

The QB is always a given. I think we have so many games next year vs mediocre QBs where the difference will be on defense, special teams, FGs & punts.

Jets HAVE to get some picks & strip sacks to beat Indy, Pats, Cowboys. You beat good teams by having your play makers make plays!

Does anyone honestly believe we lose to that Vikings team on the road with the secondary we have now?

That was embarrassing letting Bridgewater beat us in overtime.

Folk will be huge again this year. Actually if you look at 2013 Nick Folk single handedly saved Rex Ryans job. That 8-8 record could easily be attributed to Folk.

Very good point.  But another brutal boring season of watching football and getting soccer scores.  

As an individual player, the QB is still most important, even when the name isn't as exciting.

If the QB is bad, no one other player is going to make things otherwise.  We can have other (non-QB) units that are very good to dominant, but one player can't overcome bad QB play no matter how great that individual is.

Even if that QB is "just" a game manager. A game manager in place of a train wreck is a tremendous boost to the whole team.

We all know it's Ryan Fitzpatrick.  The real debate is who's #2?  I think it's still Mangold, take him away and things change quite a bit.  Revis is up there too but even if he got injured you have Cro and Milliner at least.  David Harris is another one.  Having BOTH Mo and Sheldon makes each individual less important, what a luxury to have 2 dominant linemen.

Obviously the Quarterback is the default choice for every team, so I'll skip him (whoever the starter will be) and pick the next most important player.

Revis. If he can lock down the opponents top threat week in and week out, that will not only limit the other teams offense but also give Bowles so much more flexibility with what he can do with the other 10 players on the field between blitzing, rolling coverage to the opposite side of the field, double teaming a TE, etc.

When you can take away or extremely limit the production of a Julian Edleman, OBJ, Dez Bryant, etc with just one player that's a huge advantage. If you add Revis to last year's team IMO we definitely win at minimum 2-4 more games.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Archived