Francesa just dropped a WHOPPER (Eagles/Mariota)

Morrissey

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same. It would be a devastating reminder that the Jets stink. They'd probably take Fowler or Ray or White too, just to rub salt in the wound.

Señor...I agree, it would be nice to be in their shoes, and to have more options, but don't let that ruin the draft for you. I think McCag will do well.See how things unfold, we may be pleasantly surprised.

Yes, people in the know in the Eagles organization go straight to Francesa to tell him what they are discussing and deciding. Philly talk radio has been talking about this for the last 3 months, he finally gets on the bandwagon, LOL 

Haha. That reminds me of back in 1996 when the rumors were flying about Bill Parcells wanting to leave the Pats and come coach the Jets and Francessa goes on this rant about how he knew for sure this wasn't gonna happen because Parcells hadn't mentioned anything to him.

Like Bill Parcells is gonna call the guy with the four hour daily sports talk radio show to discuss how he is going to breach his contract so he can coach a division rival. 

I like the whopper, **** the big Mac!

Nobody knows what's going to happen.

Everybody knows what's going to happen with the Big Mac. It's uber-reliable and as American as Mom and apple pie - two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun. 

I mean, if you don't like the Big Mac why don't you get the hell out?!

Everybody knows what's going to happen with the Big Mac. It's uber-reliable and as American as Mom and apple pie - two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

I mean, if you don't like the Big Mac why don't you get the hell out?!

There's nothing big about the big Mac anymore. Whopper>>big Mac

Fat Mike didn't think it suspicious at all that the area code he got the 'tip' on the  Eagles wanting Mariota so badly was from Nashville. 

Francessa still thinks Bill Parcells actually likes him and considers him a real friend and not simply a useful idiot who he can leak info through. 

Not really a Whopper rumor. Two weeks or more before the start of free agency, is that the Jets and Eagles had a deal in place for PHL to move up and take Mariota. Then they traded for Bradford blowing that rumor up. Bradford says ( or does he ? ) that he will only sign a new contract with PHL. So the new rumor has him being traded to CLE for the #12 and maybe #19 so that Kelly adds his pick and hence 3 #1s. PHL LB M. Kendricks is also rumored to be on the trade block and could be included. But CLE needs a WR to replace J. Gordon, so I doubt they give up #19 especially if a long term deal with Bradford is not agreed to. Oh the next 7 days are going to be FUN !!!!!

If TN gets Rivers I give up..

Rivers grew up an hour from Nashville and would be reunited with Tennessees HC. Just preppin ya for the incoming ball-kick.

Id be devastated, too.

Why would anyone assume he wants to come to NJ?  He's apparently extremely picky as to geography.  So not sure why anyone here even remotely thinks the Jets could trade for him.  His contract expires this year and any team that trades for him has to make sure ahead of time that they can agree on terms.    Frankly, I think he stays in San Diego, but if he does move, it is most likely Tennessee. 

Rivers grew up an hour from Nashville and would be reunited with Tennessees HC. Just preppin ya for the incoming ball-kick.

Id be devastated, too.

Maybe you two could hug it out?

Rivers doesn't want to play in LA. Not sure why anyone thinks he'd come to NYC

Maybe you two could hug it out?

Rivers doesn't want to play in LA. Not sure why anyone thinks he'd come to NYC

at the end of the day he could be tagged...

But Northern NJ is nothing like LA.. Could do the favre tour for the hillbilly

Maybe the rivers family thinks a 3-5 year stint in NY would be good for them. Ever hear the phrase "everyone should live in NY, but leave before it makes you too hard." ?

And "everyone should live in CA, but leave before it makes you too soft."?

TOUGHEN UP, RIVERS!!! Come to NY!!

Maybe the rivers family is gonna don their Wally moose/jets hats and cross country Griswold style!!

Rivers = deep playoff run!!!! Make it happen mike!!!!

The media is just focusing on Rivers not wanting to go to LA. The real issue is that Rivers is not happy with what the Chargers are doing to their team. All his receivers are new and the team is clearly not going to be comptetive anytime soon. Tennessee, as much as it makes sense for him to go to, is also not ready to compete for the playoffs. The Jets are loading up for a run and Rivers is a competitor, it makes tons of sense for him to join up. I doubt it happens, too many planets need to align at one time, but it makes sense why he would be willing to come here.

Right, because a coach who has been screwed over and knows he will get screwed over even worse, his first priority is to ensure what's good for the franchise that will be firing him 

well , if the Jets did the right thing and fire Rex after the Bills game and make some guy an interim coach and tell him to play all the young guys I am sure the Jets would be picking 2nd right now.

well , if the Jets did the right thing and fire Rex after the Bills game and make some guy an interim coach and tell him to play all the young guys I am sure the Jets would be picking 2nd right now.

Right. So let's keep blaming Rex, for trying to do his job 

Haha. That reminds me of back in 1996 when the rumors were flying about Bill Parcells wanting to leave the Pats and come coach the Jets and Francessa goes on this rant about how he knew for sure this wasn't gonna happen because Parcells hadn't mentioned anything to him.

Like Bill Parcells is gonna call the guy with the four hour daily sports talk radio show to discuss how he is going to breach his contract so he can coach a division rival. 

Go to the 1 min 14 sec mark:

https://youtu.be/kaELZYSc4DE?t=1m14s

Archived