Brady blows off trip to White House, President Obama makes Deflategate Joke (Not political, just funny)

Jetsfan80

http://nypost.com/2015/04/23/tom-brady-blows-off-patriots-visit-to-white-house/

Tom Brady blows off Patriots’ visit to White House

Some patriot.

The Super Bowl champion New England Patriots were honored by President Obama at the White House on Thursday — without their quarterback, Tom Brady.

In a deflating move, Brady blew off the president and his teammates, citing a prior family commitment.

Obama was a good sport and acknowledged Brady during the White House lawn event.

The president congratulated Brady for his role in leading the Patriots to become the only team to ever rally from a double-digit, fourth-quarter deficit in football’s biggest game.

“There was of course Tom Brady, an all-time great who couldn’t be here with us today,” Obama said, “but who engineered a pair of surgical touchdown drives.”

It’s such an honor to meet the commander-in-chief, even Patriots who have since left the team since capturing Super Bowl XLIX — such as Darrelle Revis and Stevan Ridley of the Jets and new Giant Shane Vereen — showed up.

It wasn’t immediately clear what Brady did with his family day on Thursday.

His supermodel, higher-earning wife Gisele Bundchen posted a simple message to fans: “If you are reading this right now, I hope something really amazing happens to you today.”

Brady won’t be the first Bostonian to show such presidential disrespect.

Months after the Boston Bruins won the 2011 Stanley Cup, goaltender Tim Thomas declined to accompany his team to the White House and bluntly said he was doing it to protest Obama.

Or maybe Brady has a long memory and recalled the ribbing he took in January from White House press secretary Josh Earnest.

Earnest, a diehard Kansas City Chiefs fan, mocked Brady’s mealy-mouthed defense of Deflategate — when the Patriots were busted for using under-inflated, easy-to-grab footballs.

“For years, it’s been clear that there is no risk that I was going to take Tom Brady’s job as quarterback of the New England Patriots,” Earnest joked. “But I can tell you that as of today, it’s pretty clear that there’s no risk of him taking my job either.”

Obama, the nation’s No. 1 Chicago Bears fans, seized his chance on Thursday to poke fun at the Patriots for Deflategate.

“I usually tell a bunch of jokes at these events but with the Patriots, I was worried 11 out of the 12 of them would fall flat,” the president yucked to a mixed bag of laughs and groans.

New England coach Bill Belichick smiled but gave Obama a thumbs-down gesture.

Obama came through with one more deflating zinger: “All right that whole story got blown a little out of proportion.”

No matter the political affiliation,  The Presidency is the most respected public office on this Planet, bar none.

To blow off the President of the United States is the most unpatriotic move i can think off.

A lot of people who had respect for Tom Brady should think of him as the lowest of the lowest scum for not showing up. Period.

No matter the political affiliation,  The Presidency is the most respected public office on this Planet, bar none.

To blow off the President of the United States is the most unpatriotic move i can think off.

A lot of people who had respect for Tom Brady should think of him as the lowest of the lowest scum for not showing up. Period.

I had no respect for Tom Brady before this happened.  I do agree it was the height of ignorance to blow off the POTUS.  However,  I also thought jokes about deflate were totally out of order.  

obama-snob3.jpg

I watched the Obama's speech and when he made one of his jokes Kraft mumbled to Obama you probably got that from the Jets, I think it was about the deflated footballs but It was funny cause Obama put his hand up to Kraft slightly shaking his head and kept talking.

I guess if you're Tom Brady you can meet any living President whenever you want.  I would be more offended if I were his teammates for him not wanting to share such a special event with us...but even there, I'm sure they'd let Tom Brady off the hook for just about anything (including Hernandez stuff).

As a quasi-political aside, I was the biggest Bush 2 hater there was, but if I were invited to the WH and got to shake his hand I would sprint for the opportunity.  It's the freakin President, man.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up for me. Disrespectful to his team-mates, disrespectful to the office and the man, so arrogant he didn't even try to make an adequate excuse, and extremely petty. There is no political spin to an event like this. None. Until now.

As a quasi-political aside, I was the biggest Bush 2 hater there was, but if I were invited to the WH and got to shake his hand I would sprint for the opportunity.  It's the freakin President, man.

Agreed.  No matter your affiliation there should be a basic level of respect for the Office of the Presidency.  Brady most certainly lacks this.  It's not like it's a "been there, done that" excuse.  He hadn't won a Super Bowl in 10 years.

Agreed. No matter your affiliation there should be a basic level of respect for the Office of the Presidency. Brady most certainly lacks this. It's not like it's a "been there, done that" excuse. He hadn't won a Super Bowl in 10 years.

why? they are all crooks

Archived