Maccagnan Holds Pre-Draft Presser, Stresses Importance of 3-4 Outside Linebackers

JetNation

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not sure what's going on with Beasley.  Totally blew away the combine, very, very productive, and yet some don't even have them in their top 15 players.

the espn live mock didn't have him in the first round !   

I agree that it's likely smokescreen at this time ... Which is a bit surprising as that is where the value at #6 seems to be ... Along with WR ... So would seem to me he may be leaning towards Cooper/White or Mariotta

I agree that it's likely smokescreen at this time ... Which is a bit surprising as that is where the value at #6 seems to be ... Along with WR ... So would seem to me he may be leaning towards Cooper/White or Mariotta

if they stay at 6, i think the pick is a wr, they could use 1 more weapon to actually create some nice mismatches.  if they trade back, which i think is quite possible, i expect them to take an OT like peat.  

We have guards coming out of our azz.

Only way they take Scherff is if they are positive he can play RT.

Funny how the closer we get to the draft the more we here negatives about each player.

Over anylizing everything.

After the Buster Skrine signing I can't say I'm too convinced of his "smarts".

Not sure that's a bad thing until we see it play out on the field, I think it was a good signing since Skrine outplayed the #8 pick in the draft all year, Justin Gilbert was considered the top CB in the draft and he sat on the bench while Skrine played all over Pettines very similar defense, and he had plenty of work with Haden on the other side... 

Mac has done well so far and seems to handle himself well

Not sure that's a bad thing until we see it play out on the field, I think it was a good signing since Skrine outplayed the #8 pick in the draft all year, Justin Gilbert was considered the top CB in the draft and he sat on the bench while Skrine played all over Pettines very similar defense, and he had plenty of work with Haden on the other side... 

Mac has done well so far and seems to handle himself well

It's a wait and see thing for me with Mac. He had a boatload of cash and needs everywhere. So he signed lots of guys and the fans are pumped. I think he may have gone a bit overboard with gilchrist and Skrine. Especially when Wilkerson is still looking for an extension. Mac May be the real deal, but I've got to see him manage with sense. The last thing I want is another Trader Mike at the helm. That's three boat references in new post if you're counting.

It's a wait and see thing for me with Mac. He had a boatload of cash and needs everywhere. So he signed lots of guys and the fans are pumped. I think he may have gone a bit overboard with gilchrist and Skrine. Especially when Wilkerson is still looking for an extension. Mac May be the real deal, but I've got to see him manage with sense. The last thing I want is another Trader Mike at the helm. That's three boat references in new post if you're counting.

Yes. We definately have to watch who's at the mast.

It's a wait and see thing for me with Mac. He had a boatload of cash and needs everywhere. So he signed lots of guys and the fans are pumped. I think he may have gone a bit overboard with Gilchrist and Skrine. Especially when Wilkerson is still looking for an extension. Mac May be the real deal, but I've got to see him manage with sense. The last thing I want is another Trader Mike at the helm. That's three boat references in new post if you're counting.

Agree, even Idzik was on course initially before he ran aground last offseason  :winking0001:

I actually think Gilchrist and Skrine were part of a "plan b" in case they could not sign Revis but they ended up with everyone, maybe they did not want to back out of offers made? either way I am happy with the results

Also would like to see Mo signed and happy the Trader is in Miami mortgaging their future,

We will get to see more from Mac on Thursday, lets hope the draft goes well, Go Jets!

I finally got a chance to see the Maccagnan presser (thanks for the link in this thread).

Based on how he was speaking it did not look like he was throwing up a smokescreen when he was talking about wanting OLB's at the near end of his presser. He sounded too genuine.  I think in his tenure I won't be surprised if we draft an OLB in the Top 3 rounds almost every draft.

Archived