Re-Drafting the 2014 Wide Receiver Class

papz187

I was reading this article on NFL.com, really interesting so figured I'd share it. They do a good write up on the top 15 guys in the order they think they would go if redrafted, then they list another 9 guys that could have potential too.....and between all 24 WRs not one was drafted by the Jets (at least 1 was undrafted). I'll post the link below with the article and also the order in which the writer thinks they'd be redrafted in.

Link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000487626/article/redrafting-the-2014-wide-receiver-class

The writer is Chris Wesseling (?)

1. Odell Beckham Jr (NYG)

2. Mike Evans (TB)

3. Sammy Watkins (BUF)

4. Kelvin Benjamin (CAR)

5. Josh Brown (ARZ)

6. Brandon Cooks (NO)

7. Jordan Matthews (PHI)

8. Martavis Bryant (PIT)

9. Davante Adams (GB)

10. Cody Latimer (DEN)

11. Donte Moncrief (IND)

12. Allen Robinson (JAC)

13. Marqise Lee (JAC)

14. Jarvis Landry (MIA)

15. Allen Hurns (JAC)

Other players with potential listed - Paul Richardson (SEA), Philly Brown (CAR), Taylor Gabriel (CLE), Josh Huff (PHI), Bruce Ellington (SF), Jeff Janis (GB), Corey Washington (NYG), Michael Campanaro (BAL), Albert Wilson (KC)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

If any of those guys had Geno Smith as their QB they'd be just as anonymous as Quincy Enunwa and Shaq Evans

Well we'll see what Shaq can offer this season since he was hurt last year, but Decker still was close to 1,000 yards with Geno despite missing time with a hammy.

Idzik drafting Saunders over Bryant was terrible, plain and simple. Going into that draft all we had was Decker and Kerley, with how deep the draft was at WR it was a crime he didn't get us anyone of value (unless Shaq or Enunwa show something).

Hopefully this year Mac drafts a WR that can make plays and turn WR into one of our deeper, stronger positions on the team, which it hasn't been in forever.

I would not be opposed to Cooper if he falls, but I think we do have some intriguing potential WRs under a real HC and OC in Owusu, Shaq and Enunwa even Salas. People want to blame Geno when they should be blaming Rex

you're right, Geno is the next Favre

If any of those guys had Geno Smith as their QB they'd be just as anonymous as Quincy Enunwa and Shaq Evans

LOL now that's funny :wild: but unfortunately you can't teach suck, that is Evans and Enunwa's natural talents. Oh and we forgot the other prize, Jalen Saunders, what a pick that was. :fighting0093:

Bottom line: we had Bryant and Ellington available at the points that we took Saunders and Evans. Someone should be fired for that kind of stupidity -- oh wait, they were.

Thank God Idzik was fired too....could you imagine leaving the decision at who to pick at 6 or move up/down with it up to Idzik? I'd be completely BSed if he were allowed to stay with the team and botched the pick.

The only thing worse than having a shlt season is having a shlt season and then blowing the top pick you get as a result of the season. Mac is an unknown as a GM, but at least he's made his money as a scout....I'll take that over putting my faith in Idzik.

Marqise Lee definitely the biggest underachiever in the group.  Granted he had a rookie QB and he was stuck in Jacksonville...

As a Jet fan I wanted Beckham badly going into the draft.  Was pissed when the Giants snagged him.  Though I wonder if that idiot Idzik would've picked him anyway...

Archived