My last Mock ala Paradis

Paradis

**This is an account of what I think will happen, not necessarily what I want to happen**

TB: J. Winston, QB
TEN: M. Mariota, QB... whether it's TEN or a trade (90% PHI), he's going #2 
JAX: D. Fowler OLB/DE
OAK: A. Cooper, WR... Carr's new bff is the agenda here.
Its the move any F.O. would make.
WSH: L. Williams, DT

NYJ: T. Gurley, RB.... I DO think they prefer Cooper or Mariota, but two things have become apparent: 1 - Jets are looking to trade back. 2 - The Mac seems set on taking the BPA. There's no one else even remotely worth talking about on defense as BPA. Girlie's knee is improving everyday (google his treadmill video) and if not for that injury, he would be gone by pick 3... I think they take the next Adrian Peterson, and baby him for a year (Ivory and Ridley are FA in 2016). If it was me, the conversation would be Parker vs Girlie.

CHI: K. White, WR
ATL: V. Beasley, DE/OLB
NYG: B. Scherff, OT/G
STL: D. Parker, WR
MIN: L. Collins, OT/G
CLE: D. Shelton, NT
NOS: B. Dupree, DE/OLB
MIA: D. Green-Beckham, WR ...we should all hate this, and could very well happen. DGB visited MIA, and Parker will be gone.
SF: T. Waynes, CB
HOU: C. Erving, C...This may surprise some people, but not GMs.
SD: M. Gordon, RB
KC: A. Peat, OT... KC kicks fisher over to RT and Peat at LT
CLE: E. Flowers, OT
PHI: N. Agholor, WR ...Ultimately i think they trade up for Mariota, and return TEN might take Gregory here.
CIN: M. Brown, DT
PIT: K. Johnson, CB
DET: DJ Humphries, OT
ARZ: A. Armstead, DT
CAR: P. Dorsett, WR
BAL: M. Peters, CB
DAL: S. Ray, DE ...the injury slide stops here. If Ray gets out of the top 15, he could fall a ways before finding a home on DE needy team. 
DEN: E. Goldman, NT
IND: L. Collins, S
GB: E. Kendricks, LB
NOS: R. Gregory, DE/OLB
NE: B. Jones, CB

****rest of the Jets draft

2 - E. Harold, OLB (Virginia)... We haven't brought in any of the tier 2 talent at WR. I suspects they'll look OLB or OT here.
3 - B. Hundley, QB (UCLA)... Not a fan, but their agenda seems to read "QB" based on all the visits. I suspect Petty and Grayson go rnd 2.
4 - A. Marpet OT (Hobart)... Jets like this guy.
7 - T. Smith, CB (Towson)... great corner prospect who the Jets worked out. Insurance for Milliner/McKnees
7 - C. Worth, WR (ECU)

*****Now, what I would have picked

1 - T. Gurley, RB... tempted to put Parker here, but I have faith in Girlie's health and he is the BPA on offense.
2 - E. Harold, OLB... so far, we're on the same page. Tempted to take Strong here, but i think the lack OLB moves in FA makes this a must.
3 - Justin Hardy, WR (ECU)... Hardy can take over the slot and become a dynamo in Gailey's system. 
4 - S. Mason, OG/OT (GT)... Its a stretch he makes it this long, but he'd be homerun for the Jets
5 - Trade a 4th next year B. Bridge, QB (South Alabama)... Jets get a developmental QB they can mold for Gailey
7 - T. Williams, NT (ECU)... Beast of a man
7 - Z. Wagenmann, OLB (Montana)... project pass rusher    

This will probably move Collins down into 2nd round

Report: LSU’s Jalen Collins has multiple failed drug tests
Posted by Darin Gantt on April 25, 2015, 9:11 AM EDT
cd05oddlnmnhy2mwmjrlzwqzntjhm2viytq1y2vlGetty Images

Timing is everything in life.

And if you’re a fringe first-round prospect, having bad news emerge in the week before the 2015 NFL Draft is particularly poorly timed.

Via Albert Breer of the NFL Network, citing sources with four teams, LSU cornerback Jalen Collins had “multiple failed tests” for drugs during his college days.

Of course, that doesn’t necessarily have to ruin his prospects, as a former teammate with a similar rap sheet has gone on to have a productive and positive start to his career.

But teams will also have to weigh his ability at a coveted position against the possibility that he might not be able to keep himself eligible.

**This is an account of what I think will happen, not necessarily what I want to happen**

TB: J. Winston, QB
TEN: M. Mariota, QB... whether it's TEN or a trade (90% PHI), he's going #2 
JAX: D. Fowler OLB/DE
OAK: A. Cooper, WR... Carr's new bff is the agenda here.
Its the move any F.O. would make.
WSH: L. Williams, DT

NYJ: T. Gurley, RB.... I DO think they prefer Cooper or Mariota, but two things have become apparent: 1 - Jets are looking to trade back. 2 - The Mac seems set on taking the BPA. There's no one else even remotely worth talking about on defense as BPA. Girlie's knee is improving everyday (google his treadmill video) and if not for that injury, he would be gone by pick 3... I think they take the next Adrian Peterson, and baby him for a year (Ivory and Ridley are FA in 2016). If it was me, the conversation would be Parker vs Girlie.

CHI: K. White, WR
ATL: V. Beasley, DE/OLB
NYG: B. Scherff, OT/G
STL: D. Parker, WR
MIN: L. Collins, OT/G
CLE: D. Shelton, NT
NOS: B. Dupree, DE/OLB
MIA: D. Green-Beckham, WR ...we should all hate this, and could very well happen. DGB visited MIA, and Parker will be gone.
SF: T. Waynes, CB
HOU: C. Erving, C...This may surprise some people, but not GMs.
SD: M. Gordon, RB
KC: A. Peat, OT... KC kicks fisher over to RT and Peat at LT
CLE: E. Flowers, OT
PHI: N. Agholor, WR ...Ultimately i think they trade up for Mariota, and return TEN might take Gregory here.
CIN: M. Brown, DT
PIT: K. Johnson, CB
DET: DJ Humphries, OT
ARZ: A. Armstead, DT
CAR: P. Dorsett, WR
BAL: M. Peters, CB
DAL: S. Ray, DE ...the injury slide stops here. If Ray gets out of the top 15, he could fall a ways before finding a home on DE needy team. 
DEN: E. Goldman, NT
IND: L. Collins, S
GB: E. Kendricks, LB
NOS: R. Gregory, DE/OLB
NE: B. Jones, CB

****rest of the Jets draft

2 - E. Harold, OLB (Virginia)... We haven't brought in any of the tier 2 talent at WR. I suspects they'll look OLB or OT here.
3 - B. Hundley, QB (UCLA)... Not a fan, but their agenda seems to read "QB" based on all the visits. I suspect Petty and Grayson go rnd 2.
4 - A. Marpet OT (Hobart)... Jets like this guy.
7 - T. Smith, CB (Towson)... great corner prospect who the Jets worked out. Insurance for Milliner/McKnees
7 - C. Worth, WR (ECU)

*****Now, what I would have picked

1 - T. Gurley, RB... tempted to put Parker here, but I have faith in Girlie's health and he is the BPA on offense.
2 - E. Harold, OLB... so far, we're on the same page. Tempted to take Strong here, but i think the lack OLB moves in FA makes this a must.
3 - Justin Hardy, WR (ECU)... Hardy can take over the slot and become a dynamo in Gailey's system. 
4 - S. Mason, OG/OT (GT)... Its a stretch he makes it this long, but he'd be homerun for the Jets
5 - Trade a 4th next year B. Bridge, QB (South Alabama)... Jets get a developmental QB they can mold for Gailey
7 - T. Williams, NT (ECU)... Beast of a man
7 - Z. Wagenmann, OLB (Montana)... project pass rusher    

I'll be just choked if we take Hundley anywhere in the draft.  RB's are just bloody risky, horribly risky, the current injury aside the AP's are a massive rarity. I have no doubt gurley is potentially a great player but RB's take more abuse than just about any other position.  I won't go bonkers if the jets take him but there will be others I prefer.

What is with all the ECU love? I knew we had a couple of Pirates here, but I didn't know that you were one of them.

you noticed that hey lol... it actually was more of function of watching a lot of hardy tape. I noticed Worth, and he's definitely a undervalued late round receiver. Same with Williams. 

This will probably move Collins down into 2nd round

He's not in my first round.

I'll be just choked if we take Hundley anywhere in the draft.  RB's are just bloody risky, horribly risky, the current injury aside the AP's are a massive rarity. I have no doubt gurley is potentially a great player but RB's take more abuse than just about any other position.  I won't go bonkers if the jets take him but there will be others I prefer.

I don't want Hundley either, but my gut says we;re gonna blow a pick on one of those pricks (Petty/Hundley)... I really hope not. 

I understand the concern about RB's and longevity (not worried about his knee at all)... but what are we gonna do? Take some overrrated edge rusher? Grab the "guard" of the year in Scherff and pass on a talent like Gurley? or white or Parker? C'mon man... We've all bitched and moaned about the lack dynamic plays on offense over the last 3-4 years. We need to reach for the stars here, make a statement pick with the #6. Not another Gholston. We need a face of the franchise kind of selection here - the new regime's prince. 

you noticed that hey lol... it actually was more of function of watching a lot of hardy tape. I noticed Worth, and he's definitely a undervalued late round receiver. Same with Williams. 

Haha.  I know how that can happen.  Last year I noticed Colin Anderson (a TE we had in camp) when I was trying to find small school highlights of Dozier at Furman.  Or seeing Rannell Hall when watching Perriman clips.

I don't want Hundley either, but my gut says we;re gonna blow a pick on one of those pricks (Petty/Hundley)... I really hope not. 

I understand the concern about RB's and longevity (not worried about his knee at all)... but what are we gonna do? Take some overrrated edge rusher? Grab the "guard" of the year in Scherff and pass on a talent like Gurley? or white or Parker? C'mon man... We've all bitched and moaned about the lack dynamic plays on offense over the last 3-4 years. We need to reach for the stars here, make a statement pick with the #6. Not another Gholston. We need a face of the franchise kind of selection here - the new regime's prince. 

I dislike it when people bring up the name Gholston to justify not taking an olb.  You could literally name a monumental bust at any position at all to justify not taking a player.  It's a lazy way to get away from the olbs.  Trent richardson at 3 omg you can't take a RB.  Darren McFadden at 4 omg!

Copper at 7, Warmack at 10, Fisher at 1, omg!  Can't trust those olineman.

I would and I think we will take a WR to be honest and I'll be happy with that.  (My fav scenario is still a trade down.)

don't you have him going to

Indianapolis

quote name="Paradis" post="2755308" timestamp="1430143835"]you noticed that hey lol... it actually was more of function of watching a lot of hardy tape. I noticed Worth, and he's definitely a undervalued late round receiver. Same with Williams. 

He's not in my first round.

I dislike it when people bring up the name Gholston to justify not taking an olb. You could literally name a monumental bust at any position at all to justify not taking a player. It's a lazy way to get away from the olbs. Trent richardson at 3 omg you can't take a RB. Darren McFadden at 4 omg!

Copper at 7, Warmack at 10, Fisher at 1, omg! Can't trust those olineman.

I would and I think we will take a WR to be honest and I'll be happy with that. (My fav scenario is still a trade down.)

I didn't mean to intimate that any of these were Gholstonesque OLBs. I was pointing toward the last time we picked at 6. Of course there's examples at every position, it's about mitigated risk as always. Really have a hard time seeing Cooper, Gurley or Parker flunk out. White will probably beast, but easily the biggest concern of the fabled WR group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don't you have him going to

Indianapolis

Are you talking about La'el or Landon?

I didn't mean to intimate that any of these were Gholstonesque OLBs. I was pointing toward the last time we picked at 6. Of course there's examples at every position, it's about mitigated risk as always. Really have a hard time seeing Cooper, Gurley or Parker flunk out. White will probably beast, but easily the biggest concern of the fabled WR group.

I assume you are not including DGB as part of this "fabled WR group?"  Cause he has to be as big a concern as White.  Character concerns, only one year of real college production and he looks pretty raw and sloppy.

Are you talking about La'el or Landon?

I assume you are not including DGB as part of this "fabled WR group?" Cause he has to be as big a concern as White. Character concerns, only one year of real college production and he looks pretty raw and sloppy.

I don't know why there's so much confusion , I put both their first initial and position.

DGB is a personal fave, but he's obviously a question mark. I was referring to the top 3

I don't know why there's so much confusion , I put both their first initial and position.

DGB is a personal fave, but he's obviously a question mark. I was referring to the top 3

I am not confused about you, I am confused who Boozer meant.

You don't appear too high on Strong with all those WRs gone in round 1.  I think I'd have him higher than you.

I am not confused about you, I am confused who Boozer meant.

You don't appear too high on Strong with all those WRs gone in round 1. I think I'd have him higher than you.

Myself, I'm high on Strong. I have him as the 4th WR, above even Kevin White. However I don't think too many GMs share that sentiment. CLE appears against spending a 1 on WR, phi is in love with Agholor, CAR seems intent on finding a field stretching compliment for Benjamin ala Dorsett/Smith. He ought to be Cle's 19th pick (where I've had him before) but after some research I think they'll address RT

Landon Collins.

Sorry for the confusion. It was actually LSU CB Jalen Collins. My bad... working outside, the glare makes it tough to read my phone.

fBa_iAUP_normal.jpeg Albert Breer

@AlbertBreer

1) Changing attitudes towards drugs? LSU CB Jalen Collins is a test case. Had multiple failed tests in college, per sources with 4 teams.

You make a very convincing argument; a player like that could take alot of pressure off of Geno if he is the starter or even Fitz.  My problem is how many carries can expect if we have Chris Ivory and Stevan Ridley?  Are we going to see if we can move Ivory and just go with GurlyMON (his nickname if we take him, LOL)  and Ridley as his backup along with Powell?   Btw I do hope we take a receiver either in the third or fourth.  While I like Hardy, I would prefer a more explosive player; Someone like Chis Conley in the third or perhaps Kenny Bell if he drops in the fourth. 

Myself, I'm high on Strong. I have him as the 4th WR, above even Kevin White. However I don't think too many GMs share that sentiment. CLE appears against spending a 1 on WR, phi is in love with Agholor, CAR seems intent on finding a field stretching compliment for Benjamin ala Dorsett/Smith. He ought to be Cle's 19th pick (where I've had him before) but after some research I think they'll address RT

Agholor has definitely been shooting up the draft boards apparently.  Just a month ago he was considered a mid to late second round pick and now he could go top 15 or 20.    

You make a very convincing argument; a player like that could take alot of pressure off of Geno if he is the starter or even Fitz. My problem is how many carries can expect if we have Chris Ivory and Stevan Ridley? Are we going to see if we can move Ivory and just go with GurlyMON (his nickname if we take him, LOL) and Ridley as his backup along with Powell? Btw I do hope we take a receiver either in the third or fourth. While I like Hardy, I would prefer a more explosive player; Someone like Chis Conley in the third or perhaps Kenny Bell if he drops in the fourth.

If I'm Mac im going to slowly ease in Gurley over the first 8 weeks. It'll be the Ridley/Ivory show for the first half of the season (another reason why they signed Ridley). Come November - if Ridley hasn't played well, he could be cut at no cost.... And he himself had an ACL injury last year. (Shows Mac isn't afraid to sign ACL survivors)

If I'm Mac im going to slowly ease in Gurley over the first 8 weeks. It'll be the Ridley/Ivory show for the first half of the season (another reason why they signed Ridley). Come November - if Ridley hasn't played well, he could be cut at no cost.... And he himself had an ACL injury last year. (Shows Mac isn't afraid to sign ACL survivors)

Signing Ridley has nothing to do with gurley's ACL. The problem with gurley is that his prior injury increases the chance for future knee injuries. Otherwise I'd say gurley is a no brainer top 5 pick

Signing Ridley has nothing to do with gurley's ACL. The problem with gurley is that his prior injury increases the chance for future knee injuries. Otherwise I'd say gurley is a no brainer top 5 pick

Doctors disagree:

Todd Gurley - RB - Player

"Multiple sources" tell the Miami Herald that the Dolphins "covet" Georgia RB Todd Gurley, and "would love" for Gurley to fall to them at No. 14.

No. 14 would be considered a "fall" for Gurley, who is now seen as a probable top-ten pick. Many NFL evaluators view Gurley as one of the best all-around players in an otherwise weak 2015 draft class. The Herald spoke to Miami Heat team physician Harlan Selesnick, who said the risk of an ACL re-tear is just two percent for pro athletes. "The success rate in terms of stability is really quite good," Selesnick stated. "You don’t see a lot of guys having a repeat ACL surgery. You can usually feel comfortable taking one of those players."

Doctors disagree:

That's weird because I've read the exact opposite. See here:

Athletes who have anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction surgery are six times more likely to suffer another ACL injury within two years than someone who has never had such an injury, a new study finds.

http://www.m.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/news/20130711/after-acl-surgery-another-knee-injury-likely-study-suggests

Athletes who have anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction surgery are six times more likely to suffer another ACL injury within two years than someone who has never had such an injury, a new study finds.

http://www.m.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/news/20130711/after-acl-surgery-another-knee-injury-likely-study-suggests

I love gurley so I'm going to chose the first!

What do you know!   TehFalcon was an athlete!

These studies do not necessarily contradict one another.  2% might still be 6 times more likely

I think pro athletes and the medical attention they get as wellas their ability to do the work needed to do the rehabilitation and strength training needed to fully recover, are completely different than the weekend jogger.

Archived