best trade back scenario

CurtisMartin17

With rumors swirling that the Jets might be fond of an Offensive tackle (Andrus Peat) in the 1st round, a lot of us are worried. I would only want this guy if we had 2 first round picks. I wouldn't mind Mariota but he is a big question mark, so why not go with safer picks. If we get 2 first round picks it's because someone trades up for Mariota or Cooper. The ideal scenario is that Cleveland or New Orleans trades their 2 first rounders to us for Mariota then we draft Bud Dupree first then Andrus Peat, that way we get the edge rusher we desperately need and upgrade the O-line in the same round. That frees up the 2nd round pick for a WR. Either Dorial green-Beckham or Philip Dorsett would be excellent choices. Then draft our hopeful Geno replacment in Garrett Grayson.  Your thoughts Jets Nation ??      FYI  im really high on Dorial Green-Beckham. Troubled past aside, I consider him a must have because of all the skills he posseses (Height, Good Hands, speed for his height, Not named Stephen Hill)

Really think Mariota gone way before our pick. As for trade back scenarios, could see Atlanta(8), St.Louis(10) or even Miami(14). In those cases, maybe get a 4th or 5th back to make up for Marshall trade. Mac said they have taken some guys off board due to character issues, so to me that would say no to DGB. 

Cleveland may want Cooper badly. Get #12 and #19. Draft Peat and Devante Parker. Or Peat and Gurley. Eli Harold rd 2. Grayson rd 3.

Cleveland is not giving up both 1st rounders for a WR.  Get 12 and maybe a 3rd rounder if possible.

Our best scenario for a trade down is if Leonard Williams falls to 6.  As the dominant DL in the draft, and possibly the BAP overall, with no close second, I could see a team very hungry to move up for him.

CLE with the #12 pick and their second rounder would represent a small premium in value over our #6 pick, so it's a reasonable starting point for negotiations.  At #12, you are looking at pretty good options.  Assuming Both QBs, Cooper, White, Fowler and then Williams go 1-6, that leaves someone from the following list:  Scherff, Parker, Gurley, Beasley, Dupree and Flowers or maybe Peat.  Then you have two second round picks to work with. 

I'd rather land a blue-chipper like Cooper or White (or dare I say Mariota) but as good as Williams is, DL is so not a need that I think the trade back could make sense there.

Really think Mariota gone way before our pick. As for trade back scenarios, could see Atlanta(8), St.Louis(10) or even Miami(14). In those cases, maybe get a 4th or 5th back to make up for Marshall trade. Mac said they have taken some guys off board due to character issues, so to me that would say no to DGB. 

I wouldn't even take off my adult diaper to sh*t in the toilet for a 4th or 5th rounder. I'm all for trading down/using the toilet but not if it isn't worth it

Cooper will be a Raider, count on it. That 2-3 week period where White was ahead of him in most mocks is over. 

I still think there's a shot they go with White...but either way they gotta' get a WR for Carr.

Archived