Starting to get a Big Mac odor of trade down and OL/gamble taken

SouthernJet

Smelling  a trade down and with one of 1st 2 picks we get a OL. We make take a gamble on either Gregory or Dorial Green-Beckham with other pick of out 1st two based on trade down.

From your keyboard to Mac ears or eyes, lol!! 

Unless if they really want Schreff or Kevin White, there's a good chance they could trade down a few spots and still get a Beasley, Dupree, or Gregory.

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

The difference in value between the #6 pick and the #12 pick is a mid 2nd rounder.  Would give Maccagnan another chance to draft an impact player.

GREGORY AND DGB!! MAKE IT HAPPEN TANN... I MEAN MAC!!  ;-)

If he can move back, I think you definetly move back.

Why take White, when you can get Parker later.

Why take Scherff when you can get Peat later

Why take Beasley, Gregory, Ray, Dupree when you can get one of them later.

The talent gap between them isn't that big

Fair enough.  But a long time ago, Parcells said:

Why take Pace, when you can get Jones later.

Why take Jones when you can get Farrior later.

So we passed on two incredible (one HoF) OTs for a very good LB (Farrior), plus Terry Day, Dedric Ward and Leon Johnson.  Had he stopped and taken Jones, it would have been brilliant, but he pushed it one more time.  Sometimes you get the bear.  Sometimes the bear gets you. 

Fair enough. But a long time ago, Parcells said:

So we passed on two incredible (one HoF) OTs for a very good LB (Farrior), plus Terry Day, Dedric Ward and Leon Johnson. Had he stopped and taken Jones, it would have been brilliant, but he pushed it one more time. Sometimes you get the bear. Sometimes the bear gets you.

True, but I think there are 4 top players maybe 5 (fowler) after that it's a crap shoot

Fair enough.  But a long time ago, Parcells said:

So we passed on two incredible (one HoF) OTs for a very good LB (Farrior), plus Terry Day, Dedric Ward and Leon Johnson.  Had he stopped and taken Jones, it would have been brilliant, but he pushed it one more time.  Sometimes you get the bear.  Sometimes the bear gets you. 

Fortunately Parcells is no longer picking the talent or making those decisions.   He also decided he didn't need to go hard after Peyton Manning; that about sums it up for me... 

You need a trading partner.

Only way I see any team behind the Jets looking to trade up is if Mariota falls to us at 6.

Other teams will think the same thing, why draft White when I have a shot at Parker. Why draft Ray or Beasley if Harold is still on the board.

The way this thing is going down it could be Winston, Leonard, Mariota, Cooper, Fowler are gone.

I don't see teams trading a 2nd round pick to move up at that point unless it's for a CB. Waynes could be a target.

Only way I see any team behind the Jets looking to trade up is if Mariota falls to us at 6.

Other teams will think the same thing, why draft White when I have a shot at Parker. Why draft Ray or Beasley if Harold is still on the board.

The way this thing is going down it could be Winston, Leonard, Mariota, Cooper, Fowler are gone.

I don't see teams trading a 2nd round pick to move up at that point unless it's for a CB. Waynes could be a target.

I agree, after those 5 guys there is a drop off in possible can't miss talent. ******* Rex had to go win that Dolphins gane to let Washington jump ahead of us in the draft.

It depends on the cost.   Maybe at team like the Rams are fine drafting the 3rd or 4th best wr in the draft but if the Jets only only ask for a 4th or 5th rounder because they are confident that Scherff or Peat will be there at #10 then its a doable deal.

i agree that mac may try to trade back, but the question i can't answer is, who is another team trading up for?  the draft isn't that strong at the top, there are no clear wins on OL, CB or QB at 6 probably, so teams may not burn a 2nd or 3rd rounder to move up 5-7 spots to get a guy they want when that guy may fall to them or a viable alternative may be available.  and if i'm the jets, if there's a guy at 6 they love, i say take him, take the guy they think can be an impact player, and don't roll the dice on a guy who they don't have nearly as high a grade on.

I think we are moving up if Mariota gets past pick 2. If that falls through, I think Mac already has trade partners to move down likely for someone to come up for an OLB. I think our second target is Gurley not an OL.

i agree that if mariotta gets past 2 the jets will be players.  but i think if they trade back they'll target a tackle like peat, and then draft rbs/wrs in the 2nd/3rd/4th rounds where those positions are deep.

I like Barnwell's option here:  http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-nfl-mock-trade-draft-part-1/

Jets send: 2015-1-6

Saints send: 2015-1-13, 2015-3-75, 2015-3-78

Jets in that scenario draft Peat at #13, and then we would have #37, #70, #75, and #78. 

And I'll bite and mock those picks.

37 - Eli Harold (OLB)

70 - Ameer Abdullah (RB)

75 - Sammie Coates (WR)

78 - Bryce Petty (QB)

I agree, after those 5 guys there is a drop off in possible can't miss talent. ******* Rex had to go win that Dolphins gane to let Washington jump ahead of us in the draft.

The problem is that Gregory and Ray have fallen off the board because of drugs and injuries. That has shortened the really talented market

i agree that if mariotta gets past 2 the jets will be players.  but i think if they trade back they'll target a tackle like peat, and then draft rbs/wrs in the 2nd/3rd/4th rounds where those positions are deep.

Certainly a possibility, but I have heard a couple times that Gurley is at or very near their #1 prospect in the draft. Could certainly be a smokescreen though. The way Mac blabbed about OLBs makes me think they are not a first round target.

My friend, there is a Grand Canyon size gap between the talent of Scherff and Peat.

The problem is that Gregory and Ray have fallen off the board because of drugs and injuries. That has shortened the really talented market

Rays toe & Gregorys pot smoking have screwed the Jets!

Now teams in the teens will get great value by just having them fall to them.

It depends on the cost.   Maybe at team like the Rams are fine drafting the 3rd or 4th best wr in the draft but if the Jets only only ask for a 4th or 5th rounder because they are confident that Scherff or Peat will be there at #10 then its a doable deal.

Drop 4 spots and only get a 4th or 5th? I'm glad your not the GM.

Smelling  a trade down and with one of 1st 2 picks we get a OL. We make take a gamble on either Gregory or Dorial Green-Beckham with other pick of out 1st two based on trade down.

Now I know for sure you get paid for every new thread you start!!

This is TMZ worthy! :bs_lame:

Drop 4 spots and only get a 4th or 5th? I'm glad your not the GM.

Lol. I went on the assumption that know one wanted to move up but would do so for a minimal cost. Th assumption is that the Jets would also take a guard at #6 but at least get a draft pick and still get their guard at 10.

Lol. I went on the assumption that know one wanted to move up but would do so for a minimal cost. Th assumption is that the Jets would also take a guard at #6 but at least get a draft pick and still get their guard at 10.

LOL. I get it. As others have indicated, we need a trading partner 1st. It should be fun.

What makes you think they can get Parker or Peat "later"...as in out of the top 10??

ya think lol?  One day he will be right,like a clock

Grow up , you are embarrassing yourself playing the troll (I know you envy me, but you have to learn to love yourself).  I'd don't know whether to laugh or cry at your situation.

Archived