Quick Draft Thoughts

varjet

Some quick draft thoughts:

1)  I share with many confidence in the new GM.  I think he has a good head on his shoulders.  The Texans were not perfect obviously, but I always thought they had a good talent base.

2)  I am seeing Dupree being forecasted at 6 by some.  I agree that he shows the physical potential and measurements to be a very good potential edge rusher.   He did not always show it on the field though.   That pick leaves Cooper and White on the board.  I am having a tough time seeing MacCagnan leaving two WRs who we are fairly sure will be very good NFL players for an OLB who may not be.  Just the way I see it.

3)  6 is not a great place to pick this year.  There are so many players I would feel comfortable taking 10-20:  Scherff, Peat, Dupree, Collins, etc.  

4)  Picking at the top of the other rounds will be helpful I think.  This draft is more than just the first round.  I can see the Jets getting many new exciting players.  2-4 will likely yield an OT, OLB, ILB and/or RB.  All needed.

My first 6 off the board 1. WINSTON   2. MARIOTA  3. WILLIAMS   4. COOPER( I would not pick him here)  5. FOWLER

That leaves the Jets with either White, Beasley or Ray.   The draft is deep in receivers so I would pick Ray over Beasley but if Beasley is the pick I am fine with that.

Glad we finally got a thread where some rando says we shouldn't take Dupree.

I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm at the prospect of a follow-up thread in which we find out which player some rando has finally decided, after much deliberation mind you, that he's okay with.

it should have been last week.  wtf goodell ?

there are 7 prospects I would take at #6 so I think it is a fine place to be.  

I am such a loser I actually spent 5 minutes of my life today wondering if I were in charge if I would go to chicago tuesday or wednesday

lol

Some quick draft thoughts:

1)  I share with many confidence in the new GM.  I think he has a good head on his shoulders.  The Texans were not perfect obviously, but I always thought they had a good talent base.

2)  I am seeing Dupree being forecasted at 6 by some.  I agree that he shows the physical potential and measurements to be a very good potential edge rusher.   He did not always show it on the field though.   That pick leaves Cooper and White on the board.  I am having a tough time seeing MacCagnan leaving two WRs who we are fairly sure will be very good NFL players for an OLB who may not be.  Just the way I see it.

3)  6 is not a great place to pick this year.  There are so many players I would feel comfortable taking 10-20:  Scherff, Peat, Dupree, Collins, etc.  

4)  Picking at the top of the other rounds will be helpful I think.  This draft is more than just the first round.  I can see the Jets getting many new exciting players.  2-4 will likely yield an OT, OLB, ILB and/or RB.  All needed.

Agree with most points but somewhat disagree with number 3.  I get where people say they'd rather pick elsewhere, but teams can't worry about that on draft day.

Put your board together and pick the best guy no matter where you are.  If you'd be happy to say that player "x" is a good pick at 13, it shouldn't matter if you have to take him at 6.  If he's good enough to be at the top of your list when you're picking, you take him and move on.

JMO

Archived