Sean "The Mann" Mannion

Davidkjet

I was high on Mannion 2-3 years ago, and  thought that after 2014 he would be much closer to being NFL ready.  The guy just has not progressed.  He is actually not good in the pocket, he tends to apart if he cannot go to his primary receiver.    Mechanics are still sketchy -- long throwing motion and passes off his back foot too often.  Still has a tendency to stare down his receivers. He is exactly the same QB he was two to three years ago -- very disappointing. 

I like him.

Seems alot of folks don't.

I'd take a flier on him in the 3rd or 4th, sure.

I would not burn a 3rd on him.  3rd round should get us a player who contributes quickly.  Rounds 4-6 are more appropriate.  

I would not burn a 3rd on him.  3rd round should get us a player who contributes quickly.  Rounds 4-6 are more appropriate.  

Would depend on what Mac thinks Mannion can really be.

If he believes this big, tall, strong, big-armed Prostyle-experienced but alot-to-learn kid can be a legit #1, you take as late as possible without losing him.  Could be 3.  Could be 5.  Who knows.

If not, you don't pick him at all.  In any round.

I freely admit, I'm oldschool, and like my QB's in the old style pocket passer with a big arm mold (i.e. a modern Ken O'Brien with a better O-line).

I'm also often VERY wrong on the QB's I like (Ramsey, Pennington, Schaub, Glenn Foley, etc.).

I'm only ever seemingly right about QB's I think suck (i.e. almost every Jets QB in recent years).

I was high on Mannion 2-3 years ago, and  thought that after 2014 he would be much closer to being NFL ready.  The guy just has not progressed.  He is actually not good in the pocket, he tends to apart if he cannot go to his primary receiver.    Mechanics are still sketchy -- long throwing motion and passes off his back foot too often.  Still has a tendency to stare down his receivers. He is exactly the same QB he was two to three years ago -- very disappointing. 

I agree with you... I was going to hit the arrow up & accidently hit the arrow down & there is no way to correct that  :/

If he believes this big, tall, strong, big-armed Prostyle-experienced but alot-to-learn kid can be a legit #1, you take as late as possible without losing him.  Could be 3.  Could be 5.  Who knows.

This sounds like your scouting report on Patrick Ramsey.

Would depend on what Mac thinks Mannion can really be.

If not, you don't pick him at all.  In any round.

I freely admit, I'm oldschool, and like my QB's in the old style pocket passer with a big arm mold (i.e. a modern Ken O'Brien with a better O-line).

I'm also often VERY wrong on the QB's I like (Ramsey, Pennington, Schaub, Glenn Foley, etc.).

I'm only ever seemingly right about QB's I think suck (i.e. almost every Jets QB in recent years).

This is what will happen.  You can book it now.

Agreed but we haven't seemed to be able to get contribution in round 2 lately....what makes us think 3 would work.

I hope you are mumbling to yourself, because your post is too 'effin idiotic to warrant a half-way serious response regarding our 2015 picks.

fyi....

"I was surprised when I saw my buddy Josh Norris posted on a number of teams ranking Sean Mannion as the third quarterback in the draft. In the end Mannion could be the one laughing as I’m told more than a dozen teams in fact rank Mannion number three on their quarterback board. The Oregon State senior has recently worked out for the St Louis Rams and Dallas Cowboys."

-Tony Pauline

I want to know if any of the posters who go out of there way to say, "they've watched Hundley and he sucks," can say, "they've watched Mannion and he's good."

Hundley should go play baseball, and Mannion is the reason teams hire a QB coach. Does that help ?

The JETS round 2 HOF list.

I actually believe Amaro will be a solid player and I agreed with the Geno pick at the time.

Back when we took Geno I did an exhaustive list of all the 2nd rounders we'd wasted over the past couple of decades. Then, I promptly threw up in my lap.

Someone commented earlier about the lack of development on MANNION over the last year or so...  37 TD's to 15 PICKS is difficult to replicate when you've lost all of your play makers and you're working behind a new O Line.

Admittedly, the guy is slow but he's BIG with a cannon and has proven he can deliver the goods when he has a supporting cast.  We don't want a running QB, we want an elusive/smart QB in the pocket.  I also agree with the point made about having a QB coach!

Whether the JETS get him or not, he will be the eventual surprise QB out of this draft.

YUP!  He's smart & big with an even bigger arm.

Will be pissed off if someone like the Pats, Chargers or Broncos grab him; tired of the rich getting richer!

Bellichik would coach him up great too!

Please Woody/Cags/Bowles - Round 3 or 4 on Sean "The Mann" Mannion.

Funny, but after 4 yrs at Oregon, tons of game tape, it took the supposed best of the talking heads up until the week before the draft to elevate this kid to the 5th spot in his QB rankings.

Mannion is a better pro prospect than Hundley ever will be. IMO, he's a better prospect than Petty and might be with some proper coaching , on par with Winston.

It's up to him and how bad he wants to be an NFL Starter.

Funny, but after 4 yrs at Oregon, tons of game tape, it took the supposed best of the talking heads up until the week before the draft to elevate this kid to the 5th spot in his QB rankings.

Mannion is a better pro prospect than Hundley ever will be. IMO, he's a better prospect than Petty and might be with some proper coaching , on par with Winston.

Seems like the trend is completely dismiss QBs that cannot run not named Winston. I think both Grayson and Mannion are tremendously underrated.

5th in a two horse race.  Meaningless grading on a curve of one of the worst QB classes in recent history.  

Archived