Jets being contacted for Wilkerson

prime21

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I like Wilkerson, I'm afraid we are at risk of investing too much money in the defense, with Revis likely being here until he retires, and the rising star of Sheldon Richardson (who will need to be paid in a couple of years) who right now I think shows more promise than Wilkerson, not a jab at Wilkerson but a statement of how great Sheldon can be. Both have been All Pros but only Sheldon has made the pro bowl. I don't want to trade Wilkerson, but the Jets should at least listen to offers. 

Why does everyone want a guy like Glennon when Tampa benched him & are gonna use the #1 pick in this years draft to replace him?

Is Lovie Smith that stupid that he doesn't see Glennons supposed talent right in front of his face?

I don't get it when Tampa could just keep this QB that all these Jet fans want & draft a stud or trade back & get multiple picks?

Explain the Glennon phenomenon to me?

Why does everyone want a guy like Glennon when Tampa benched him & are gonna use the #1 pick in this years draft to replace him?

Is Lovie Smith that stupid that he doesn't see Glennons supposed talent right in front of his face?

I don't get it when Tampa could just keep this QB that all these Jet fans want & draft a stud or trade back & get multiple picks?

Excuse me sailor, new in town?

<Villian Air Raid Sirens>

"This is not a drill!!! This is not a drill!!!"

Glennon is a 6'7" inch, 178 lb., rocket-armed Ginger. Lovie Smith can't see the greatness cuz he's blinded by pasty-white Ginger-skin easily.

If they are not going to commit to him long term, (as I would) they should trade him.  Keeping him for the next two years at about a 10mil per average to see him walk and get a 97th pick in the draft will be a travesty.  l peg his value at bout where they drafted him, a late first -  If he is willing to sign long term at around 12-13 a year.  If he is not willing to sign long term with the new team, I don't see his then diminished  trade value being worth not keeping him for the two more years. 

Dallas may be a nice spot for a trade, pick 27 and the freed up Money can be earmarked for a extension for snacks, and will put a little downward pressure on Richardson's extension.

Best scenario for the Jets would be  Cooper/white at 6 then Shane Ray/Gregory at 27, Collins the OT at 38, Then DT Bennett or Cooper with the third. 

Allow me to direct your attention to the following gifs, which I have scouted extensively

i wouldn't want to see the Jets trade D'brick man. The guy has been a rock solid , injury free mainstay at an extremely important position. Even for a highly rated draft pick. Ferguson may be on a slow decline but he is still one of the better LT's in the game.

I'm with you on the Glennon train but would hate to create a hole to fill in the 1st rd in the draft to get him. trade a 4th and Darren Walls or something to that affect. Maybe just a 3rd straight up.

Question is, will be even be a Jet next year. We'd have to pay him like 15 million and he's obviously in decline. 

You know why the Patriots are so competitive? Because they're not afraid to trade away fan favorites, but players on decline. Just go back the past 12 years and see what im talking about. 

Fans are generally scared of change, even when their team of choice is a 4-12 football team. The only player they never mind changing is the QB if he sucks. D'Brick is a hole brother. He's been on the decline the past 2 seasons, he hasnt been considered tops in the league for atleast 4 years and given his contract he wont be a Jet next year. Why wait until you have "no choice" but to find a replacement for a guy who you eventually had to cut/let walk when you have the opportunity to get a quality guy now without reaching and possibly trade a guy you absolutely will not have this time next year for younger players? 

Question is, will be even be a Jet next year. We'd have to pay him like 15 million and he's obviously in decline. 

You know why the Patriots are so competitive? Because they're not afraid to trade away fan favorites, but players on decline. Just go back the past 12 years and see what im talking about. 

Fans are generally scared of change, even when their team of choice is a 4-12 football team. The only player they never mind changing is the QB if he sucks. D'Brick is a hole brother. He's been on the decline the past 2 seasons, he hasnt been considered tops in the league for atleast 4 years and given his contract he wont be a Jet next year. Why wait until you have "no choice" but to find a replacement for a guy who you eventually had to cut/let walk when you have the opportunity to get a quality guy now without reaching and possibly trade a guy you absolutely will not have this time next year for younger players? 

Yeah it makes sense from certain perspectives. I also like how the Steelers can continually lose their top players with the replacement usually outshining the guy who just left. It's the right way to do things. 

The big difference between the Pats, Steelers and the Jets is the QB position. I truly believe it makes up for a lot of the other deficiencies when you have a great one so they're ability to move guys may be a little more roomy due to having the rock behind center. 

That being said,  as I think about what you are saying It;s not as far fetched as I originally thought, but I would still be against it I think. I'd like to use our first rd pick on a skill position for once. 

Yeah it makes sense from certain perspectives. I also like how the Steelers can continually lose their top players with the replacement usually outshining the guy who just left. It's the right way to do things. 

The big difference between the Pats, Steelers and the Jets is the QB position. I truly believe it makes up for a lot of the other deficiencies when you have a great one so they're ability to move guys may be a little more roomy due to having the rock behind center. 

That being said,  as I think about what you are saying It;s not as far fetched as I originally thought, but I would still be against it I think. I'd like to use our first rd pick on a skill position for once. 

Thats a 100% legit statement. However, when the person you're trying to trade for could be the rock for your team then what do you have to lose? You said it yourself, the difference is that we dont have that rock.

We wasted most of Brick's career with slapd**k QB's, no question, but its obvious that the guy isnt the same player. He's better than the latter half of the league's LT's but that is really becoming a statement that could be argued. I say get what you can for him. 

Whether we have a solid QB or not, what I respect from quality franchises is that that they always get something in return. 

Thats a 100% legit statement. However, when the person you're trying to trade for could be the rock for your team then what do you have to lose? You said it yourself, the difference is that we dont have that rock.

We wasted most of Brick's career with slapd**k QB's, no question, but its obvious that the guy isnt the same player. He's better than the latter half of the league's LT's but that is really becoming a statement that could be argued. I say get what you can for him. 

Whether we have a solid QB or not, what I respect from quality franchises is that that they always get something in return. 

I agree with everything you said.  The only place we differ really is the thought that Ferg is not able to be a solid LT for the next few yeas. Maybe I'm being naive but I think he can. I also don;t think the contract will be an issue either. 

I would like to see Glennon added to the QB competition this year though. 

I agree with everything you said.  The only place we differ really is the thought that Ferg is not able to be a solid LT for the next few yeas. Maybe I'm being naive but I think he can. I also don;t think the contract will be an issue either. 

I would like to see Glennon added to the QB competition this year though. 

We dont differ. I also believe that LT could be solid for another couple years. What im bringing to light is that next year we're not paying him over 15 million dollars to be "solid". In otherwords, he will most likely not be a Jet next year. So we will have a solid guy walk and be in a position where we "need" a LT immediately, along with the fact that Mangold and Giaccomini will be a year older, and the only certain starter that we have in their 20's is James Carpenter who is just another "solid" player. 

If trading back to Atlanta's spot for example, picking up their #8 spot and their 3rd rounder and drafting Andrus Peat in the 1st means that if this guy is just "solid" we wont have to worry about that spot for 5 years along with freeing up all of that money that was tied to the position by a solid Ferguson that we will no doubt have to cut next year. 

The reason why I believe we can trade his IS because I agree with you that the guy can be solid for the next couple years. That doesnt mean he'll be a Jet for that duration. I dont want to see Brick get cut and we get nothing. I'd rather get Peat and a 3rd rounder for example and know that the LT position will most likely not be a problem for this organization for another decade. 

Archived